Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:41:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dirty DenDead. DirtyDenDead. DirtyDen DEAD

Started by Paul Calf, June 15, 2018, 12:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fonz

Quote from: manticore on June 16, 2018, 12:40:12 AM
I'm confused because some time in the late 80s  I thought someone told me he was accused of putting his hand down a girl's swimming costume in a pool. There's no mention of this online so can someone tell me who that actually was please. I'm sure it was someone like Grantham, of a similar calibre.

Ignore. Late etc
Len Fairclough

The Lurker

Lessy Grannam was 'down to earth'?  His victim will be similarly composted by this stage.

steve98

The Sun front page yesterday: " Ender Dirty Den ". Not at all respecful, they could have used his real name.

steve98

I hate to think what they'll write when that Taylforth woman (Blow jobs and sausages) snuffs it.

yesitsme

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 16, 2018, 11:00:28 AM
You've really missed out on being able to go round school going 'thumbs up for Lenny Fairclough'.

Or going 'What's this?' while doing a front crawl motion with one hand and an underwater upturned spider motion with the other. 

Answer - Len Fairclough in the baths.

Or going 'Just when you thought it was safe to go back in to the water.....Len Fairclough!'

Or shouting 'Come on!  Jump in!  Your Uncle Len will catch you!'

Eeeh, Jason Manford is right!  Kids really DO say the funniest things.

edit - Anyone mentioned the Viz 'Leslie Grantham Clay Taxi Driver Shooting Range' advert?

MuteBanana

The actor who played Pete Beale disliked Grantham for his past and there was a story that at a tube platform he tried whispering in the ears of Tish Dean and Sue Tully in an attempt to turn them against Grantham.

The funny thing was that Pete Beale was Den's best mate in the show. Must've been awkward doing scenes together.

His murder status. It was common for British soldiers to hold up taxi drivers for money. In fact it was so common in Germany that taxi drivers were advised to cooperate. Grantham asked for a gun at the barracks before going out that night. He CLAIMED he believed it was empty. He also CLAIMED that when he pulled the gun out the taxi driver tried to wrestle it from him.  These two claims were obviously Grantham trying to excuse himself from what happened. The jury didn't believe him and he went to prison for murder.

But he served his time. He was a model prisoner. At every available opportunity he was given more freedom. Inside he had taken up acting. By the time of his release he had proven he was no danger and willing to find work. Unless you support the death penalty there really is nothing more he could have done.

I think the EastEnders producer had it out for him. He was doing some webcam shit with a fan in his dressing room and they blew this out of proportion. How dare he use the internet on set for this. How awful.

Its bizarre how this actually ruined his reputation in England. He was portrayed as a pervert, a paedo even.

He ended up moving to Bulgaria and appeared in some television over there. I think you can find some clips on Vimeo. Quite amusing.

In the end he didn't get away with anything. He spent his entire youth in prison. He worked hard to become a star. Raised a family. Then got shut out and had to spend his last few years alone, broke, in a foreign country. Then cancer got him.

He's a fascinating man and I was confused about how to feel when I heard he'd died.

If you aren't into EastEnders but are curious about Grantham there is a short film on Vimeo called Leslie which you may enjoy.