Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:38:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Times you were on Alan Partridge's side

Started by Blue Jam, June 15, 2018, 02:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilbertharding

I suppose it might have been funny if instead of 'Best of the Beatles' he knew the actual title of a Beatles compilation album, and remembered it was especially good.

It's the kind of thing he might be obsessive about. 'Beach Boys 20 Golden Greats', 'ChangesOneBowie', Status Quo 12 Gold Bars', 'ChangesTwoBowie'...

Blue Jam

gilbertharding

Trudy Sky: "I think the day that it rose in our collective psyche..."

AP: "When you got the idea?

I forgot that a lot of the guests on Knowing Me Knowing You were every bit as dreadful, often worse, than Alan himself. Sometimes he skewered them quite nicely, even if he never had the upper hand for long.

BritishHobo

Yeah, I'm watching it now and as fun as it is, it's sad to see the punk band in the first episode, and the clowns in episode 3, take over his show and humiliate him. He gets so many little victories though, like over the cunt Keith Hunt, who Patrick Marber plays brilliantly.

Pauline Walnuts

That time he wasn't impressed by kitsch oversized tomato sauce bottles, unlike those 'two prositutes', Kati Puckrick and 'that lot'

ToneLa

Lately I've been really jamming, really digging, really vibing on the little moment when Alan has to sack Peartree Productions staff and picks on a fella because of a tic he has, rolling his eyes up & tutting

It is good when the man does the twitch and Alan points it out as it is truth. Just the crass, almost-casual destruction of this fella who almost certainly has this reflex built into his psyche, perhaps an emotional response that got baked into his routine, and it's too too late to iron out now and Alan just wheels it the fuck out and stamps on it, in front of everyone, bits rolling every which way

"You do *this* all the time"

All. The. Time. Imagine what that's like to do, the freewheeling horribleness of saying it. Imagine what it's like having it pointed oot! You know Alan wasn't making it up. It wasn't quite from the top of his head. And out comes this weird slice of some innocent fella's personal psychological pathos just to be crushed.

Not siding with Alan per se, just respect his argument as it were, the evidence being clear, technically correct again. Oh my god I'm a monster

BritishHobo

I love the self-fulfilling nature of him doing the tic in reaction to the firing. "Yeah, see? You did it again! Yeah, you're definitely sacked."

Fisher Goes Berserk

Jackson K Pollock

Funnily enough when I saw this thread had been bumped it would be someone (other than me) saying "when he punched Sidekick Simon".

When he punched Sidekick Simon.

Blue Jam

I assumed it had been bumped because of the whole thing of not wanting to hear the worthless views of the general public.

Anyway, that.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Definitely that for me too. The hypocrisy of Alan criticising the general public for expressing inane viewpoints is funny, obviously, but at the same time I do sort of sympathise with broadcasters who have to pretend that idiotic contributions from their audience are of any value whatsoever.

Ferris

Moment of insanity - I clicked this thread without thinking and read it without watching this weeks episode.

What a fucking plonker.