Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,185
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 767
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:04:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone had any success of converting people out of horrid Youtubers?

Started by TrenterPercenter, June 17, 2018, 03:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud

Quote from: (Ex poster) on June 18, 2018, 09:29:29 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4LqZdkkBDas

Excellent video (if a bit silly in how it's presented).  I wish the left had as good a marketing tool as the right have (i.e. 4chan) so that some of these opposing voices could get the kind of subscriber levels and fame that JP does.

Couple of things I took away from it:
* The hypocrisy of complaining about The Leftists comparing the right with Hitler or implying that too much right wing will lead to concentration camps, while at the same time comparing the left with Stalin and implying that too much liberalism will lead to the gulags
* Very interesting alternative take on the infamous Cathy Newman interview.  Namely his tactic of stating a perfectly reasonable point (there are biological differences between men and women) under dubious context (during discussion about the gender pay gap) and setting up his interviewer to bring up the context and then accuse her of misrepresenting him

Goldentony

cunts house just up in flames in seconds, sat on the roof of your car watching in the silence breathing in the smoke and getting a semi on mate, imagine it

This thread is a good example of how the left like to pathologise their opponents when they don't have any proper arguments. It's hilariously feeble.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cloud on June 18, 2018, 11:09:59 PM
Excellent video (if a bit silly in how it's presented).  I wish the left had as good a marketing tool as the right have (i.e. 4chan) so that some of these opposing voices could get the kind of subscriber levels and fame that JP does.

Couple of things I took away from it:
* The hypocrisy of complaining about The Leftists comparing the right with Hitler or implying that too much right wing will lead to concentration camps, while at the same time comparing the left with Stalin and implying that too much liberalism will lead to the gulags
* Very interesting alternative take on the infamous Cathy Newman interview.  Namely his tactic of stating a perfectly reasonable point (there are biological differences between men and women) under dubious context (during discussion about the gender pay gap) and setting up his interviewer to bring up the context and then accuse her of misrepresenting him

Yes, she's way smarter than Peterson, it seems.

Dex Sawash

Ferris

What are good youtube channels? There's one with stuff in super slowmotion that I've looked at before. I like things being all smashed up also. Ooh, Peep Show is on there as well, though I suppose that isn't a channel.

I'm not much help. Sorry.

Twit 2

Quote from: Wanking Monk of Kefalonia on June 19, 2018, 12:36:13 AM
This thread is a good example of how the left like to pathologise their opponents when they don't have any proper arguments. It's hilariously feeble.

Not just a case of sensible and liberal minded people getting fed up with ideologically feeble toss being loudly supported by dickheads, then, and expressing it comedically on the comedy forum?

The right have the loudest voices and control the narrative for the most part. Right wing governments in the US and UK led by sociopaths and at the beck and call of media and big business. Twats like Peterson making a ton of money out of exploiting people's insecurities. If you're associated with that lot and feel picked up on then maybe try not being a cunt who follows cunts.

ieXush2i

Tenured university professor Peterson explains how universities are evil, in the manner of Hannibal Lector

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fr7e4du6hGw

Icehaven

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on June 18, 2018, 04:13:56 PM
It doesn't appear so at the moment.

Well that could be connected with all this then, could be either cause or effect but I'd wager cause. If you're still wanting to help him out might be worth approaching him with that in mind, although I can imagine he might not take too kindly to any insinuation that he's developing unsavoury socio-political views because his marriage is in trouble, but it's a possibility. On the plus side if they work it out he'll probably loosen up again, but if they don't then make sure he knows that if he goes around spouting all this bollocks there'll be no more attractive Brazilians marrying him.

Dr Rock

I haven't come across many decent YouTube take-downs of Peterson, but this might be because I've lost interest and don't want to give him attention. I'd echo that it seems the thing he became famous for, the Canadian law that would dictate that you must use ze and zey, doesn't say any of that. I too looked at the law and couldn't find what he was claiming. Anyway I just came across this - I can only take TJ Kirk/The Amazing Atheist in occasional short doses, but here he takes a video of Peterson (that I've never seen before), where he is stating many things as definite truths, in a way I've rarely seen him present himself, that are just full of holes and lies... TJ and his mate make pretty short work of his strawmanning and misrepresentations. The person in the OP should probably watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDNv0tQTw9k

Dr Rock

And/or...

if the friend has any sense of logic and reason he can watch this where everything Peterson says is fucking stupid and a much cleverer person runs rings round him. It's about his stupid religious claims rather than anything to do with 'no-platforming' though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmH7JUeVQb8

Cloud

On the shorter side of things there's also this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWuYSo-nL08

I've unsubscribed and unfollowed JP now.  First you have to realise you're in a cult, and then walk away and not look back

ieXush2i

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 22, 2018, 04:10:27 PM
And/or...

if the friend has any sense of logic and reason he can watch this where everything Peterson says is fucking stupid and a much cleverer person runs rings round him. It's about his stupid religious claims rather than anything to do with 'no-platforming' though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmH7JUeVQb8

Oh that's the one where he says you can't give up smoking without a mystical experience aye.

Have you seen this one Dr? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4LqZdkkBDas

Dr Rock

Quote from: (Ex poster) on June 22, 2018, 06:17:28 PM
Oh that's the one where he says you can't give up smoking without a mystical experience aye.

Have you seen this one Dr? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4LqZdkkBDas

That one is brilliant, cheers. Genuine reason and wit, compared to Peterson's evasion and actual thickery. I think in time it's natural more people will be inspired to think ffs I need to swat this annoying duplicitous jesus-freak-who-doesn't really-believe-in-jesus, because he's not going to go away. Cathy Newman still deserves a black mark for giving him such a massive springboard, and while he initially soared, I think he is going to plummet back into obscurity. The OPs friend and many Peterson fans probably don't mind about his religious underpinnings while he's fighting trigglypuff and co. Trigglypuff was very annoying, and there's probably a new trigglypuff now anyway, I'm not keeping up. But anyone who is, like the OP's friend, should give that one a watch, I even learnt a couple of things myself.

Danger Man

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 22, 2018, 08:44:26 PM
That one is brilliant, cheers. Genuine reason and wit, compared to Peterson's evasion and actual thickery.

Another way of looking at it is two people using YouTube and Patreon to make as much money as they can.

Although it looks like Peterson is way ahead of ContraPoints at the moment.

Dr Rock

You don't think I give YouTubers money do you? I steal fucking torches.

Danger Man

Fair enough.

I think the point still stands. ContraPoints doesn't make me feel funny in my tummy so I just see another YouTube/Patreon shill

Dr Rock

Conversely Contrapoints does make me feel funny in my tummy. So no shill they. Zey, whatever.

Danger Man

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 22, 2018, 11:38:40 PM
Conversely Contrapoints does make me feel funny in my tummy. So no shill they. Zey, whatever.

It's 'she/her'

I checked.