Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:39:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Techy - TV Capture setup

Started by cptwhite, February 21, 2004, 12:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cptwhite

I can't get the bloody think to work, I have an ATI All-In-Wonder card.

I'm connecting from AV1 on my video (using an SCAT Socket to Composite/S-Video L+R Audio output converter)these leads then connect to the video card are stated in the manual -  am i plugging it into the right socket on the video?

Timmay

AV1 should be fine I would have thought. If it's got a second SCART socket, I'd try that just to make sure, although videos with 2 AV sockets usually have the input and output on AV1, and just input on AV2.

If you haven't done it already, It might be worth actually hitting play on a video and seeing if it comes through - rather than just trying to view a channel through the video's tuner. Maybe your video only pushes out a signal when somethings actually playing.

Or perhaps it's yer cable, although it sounds like the right type of cable to use, so maybe it's faulty. Failing all that, mebbe it's your card setup. Try different software perhaps?

Or perhaps you should try some other more specific tech forums, where people are a lot more knowledgeable than us mere mortals. Google should find some.

cptwhite

I think i might have found the culprit - the adaptor i plug inot my video's AV1 scart socket says "in" on it, i'm thinking it's just an adapter for allowing inputs, not outputs ....