Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:33:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Why are you not watching the football!!!????!?

Started by Spoon of Ploff, June 18, 2018, 06:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

I hope this thread will continue after the World Cup.

hedgehog90

I'm glad the World War of football is almost over.
It's taken a toll on all of us, not least my son.

I'm worried for you S'ploff... We all are.

manticore

The final battle to determine the Destiny of the World is taking place in one hour and quite literally NO ONE is talking about it. What role will air superiority take? Offensive and counter-offensive? Divide and conquer? Encirclement and penetration? Pincer manoever and siege?

These are the questions.

"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play, it is bound up with hatred and jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all the rules and sadistic pleasure in unnecessary violence. In other words it is war minus the shooting.''

Orwell was right and this is GOOD. Looking forward to the game!

Spoon of Ploff

Spoon of Ploff

Spoon of Ploff

There are snipers in the rafters prepared to take out anyone who should be foolish enough to approach the world cup before the alloted time.

Spoon of Ploff

Spoon of Ploff

A player called OwnGoal breaks the deadlock there. Now we have a football on our hands.

manticore

Spoon of Ploff

So goal hungry are the Coats they've now scored at both ends, a-and we're still only in the first an half hour.

The France playings look nonplussed, wondering when they will get a go.

Spoon of Ploff

Refs leaving the pitch...to watch some television. I think it's the Wimbledon Men's Final

manticore

I will be upset if they say handball and will boycott the rest of the Cup.

Spoon of Ploff

Pelanty France. Shocking decision. Or is it?

Spoon of Ploff

manticore

No it is! French man takes credit for referee's goal and dance like a very silly man. Go Coats!

A man hands the ball in the goal zone, and it's a penalty.

A man hands drugs to a child in a banlieu, not even a big kick.

Spoon of Ploff

The Coats will need to consult the Big Book of Goals at half time for some ideas on how to get out of the football hole their fouling hands have dug for themselves.

Spoon of Ploff

Oh shit. I've run out of Pringles.

And it's too hot to rush out to the shops for extra crisps.

manticore

I crave forgiveness the millions watching this thread for taking this battle of the ball seriously. Despite the fact that the referee's pelanty goal was clearly 73% wrong I should not have got angry like a soccerball fanatic.

Spoon of Ploff

Ooh. Just missed an advert for the new Dr Who. Was it any good?

Spoon of Ploff

Oh Christ. It's the goal of the tournament bit now. I'm away for a cuppa.

manticore

That pelanty goal is gnawing into my soul like the mandibles of a paper wasp. Justice for the Coats! Go forth and overcome in your possibly nazi costumes!

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: manticore on July 15, 2018, 05:01:55 PM
That pelanty goal is gnawing into my soul like the mandibles of a paper wasp. Justice for the Coats! Go forth and overcome in your possibly nazi costumes!

you could say you find it 'galling'

Spoon of Ploff

Fun Fact.

At half time the Coats like to lie their football shirts on a table and play Draughts on the checkered patten. There isn't really time for Chess.

Spoon of Ploff

I think I just saw hedgehog90 2.0 invade the pitch there. Silly lad.

Spoon of Ploff

France score another. I think that's probably it for this world cups. Anyone fancy a pint?

Spoon of Ploff

Another goal to France! Scored by some child or other. I can hear one of the neighbours outside is happy about this.