Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:18:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

World Cup 2018 it are in Russians #2

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, June 18, 2018, 09:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

DrGreggles

imitationleather

Two penos and literally six near open goals from six yards out. Ten nil wouldn't have been inaccurate. Could have been the first victory in any WC to result in criminal prosecution.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Sargeant Kanecum 4000

Quote"We got told there would be a lot of flies and when we went out for the match it was a lot more than we though. We all had bug spray on and it was important as some of them went in your eyes, some in your mouth but it is about dealing with what comes your way."

Midges? We Go Again

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteWe got told there would be a lot of nonces and when we went out for the match it was a lot more than we though. We all had nonce spray on and it was important as some of them went in your eyes, some in your mouth but it is about dealing with what comes your way. We Go Again

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: King Kaney"We got told there would be a lot of Tunisians and when we went out for the match it was a lot more than we though. We all had Tunisian repellant on and it was important as some of them went in your eyes, some in your mouth but it is about dealing with what comes your way. Absolutely ended the cunts: Game On.

Mate

greenman

There does to me seem to be a lesson there about the current lineup being rather weak mentally/physically to me, Sterling, Lingard and Alli all in one team is an aweful lot of flakiness. I mean I could see them battering Panama and all of these looking excellent doing it but when/if we meet someone stronger the same weaknesses come out if things don't go our way.

Loftus Cheek to me does seem like the ideal replacement for Sterling, at Palace was actually in a similar kind of situation with Zaha and Townsend being flakier but just consistently delivered quality rather than giving the ball away looking to show off.

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: greenman on June 18, 2018, 09:51:40 PM
There does to me seem to be a lesson there about the current lineup being rather weak mentally/physically to me, Sterling, Lingard and Alli all in one team is an aweful lot of flakiness. I mean I could see them battering Panama and all of these looking excellent doing it but when/if we meet someone stronger the same weaknesses come out if things don't go our way.

Loftus Cheek to me does seem like the ideal replacement for Sterling, at Palace was actually in a similar kind of situation with Zaha and Townsend being flakier but just consistently delivered quality rather than giving the ball away looking to show off.

Loftus Cheek is a typical BIG MAN GOOD ON BALL POWER, but all he did was shit up a tiring defense, he wasn't exposed to a technical midfield where he has already numerous times in his career been found wanting.

However, you make a very good point in that the Kane and Alli partnership works because of Eriksen, not because of Alli. We have no Eriksen, and Southgate hasn't worked out how to make Lingard be that guy. At Tottenham Alli gets balls fed to him on a plate time and again by Eriksen, but for England he receives balls somehow in different areas than he's comfortable with. Never seems to get that connection with Kane going in and around the penalty area.

Crabwalk

The ref waves play-on as Kane laments being lassoed to the ground yet again.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Trojan_Jockey

Number of opening games at the world cup England have won = 3

Number of opening games at the world cup where an England player has pooed himself = 1

greenman

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 18, 2018, 09:55:22 PM
Loftus Cheek is a typical BIG MAN GOOD ON BALL POWER, but all he did was shit up a tiring defense, he wasn't exposed to a technical midfield where he has already numerous times in his career been found wanting.

However, you make a very good point in that the Kane and Alli partnership works because of Eriksen, not because of Alli. We have no Eriksen, and Southgate hasn't worked out how to make Lingard be that guy.

Loftus Cheek does seem as close as they have to me, I mean he doesn't offer the goal threat Erikson does but again I think he's an underrated passer who was able to support Zaha and Townsend very well high up the field last season for us, not your typical England holding midfielder.

Does seem like ye old situation fo England drying to fit 3 players who essentially want to play the same role into the team ala Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard at the moment just with pacey forwards rather than midfield passers/shooters.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: greenman on June 18, 2018, 10:00:13 PM
Loftus Cheek does seem as close as they have to me, I mean he doesn't offer the goal threat Erikson does but again I think he's an underrated passer who was able to support Zaha and Townsend very well high up the field last season for us, not your typical England holding midfielder.

What's all this serious football chat about as soon as Engerlund play. Jesus.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Trojan_Jockey on June 18, 2018, 10:00:00 PM
Number of opening games at the world cup where an England player has pooed himself = 1

Must be at least in the several dozen

Ferris

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 18, 2018, 10:09:23 PM
England to go all the way?

Destination unknown but definitely all the way to it

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Draw with Tunisia
Draw/lose with Panama
Win against Belgique
Lose against West Lothian in the second round.

Alternate tinelone England

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Looking forward to the Belgium game, which will be the closest thing the tournament gets to a Premier League tie. It'll probably be the game where both Belgium and England play their best stuff, yet either lose.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Still, Colombia vs Japan will certainly be one of the most geographically disparate fixtures in this WC. Fuck knows what will happen.

Edit: 14,348 km

kngen

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on June 18, 2018, 10:39:32 PM
Still, Colombia vs Japan will certainly be one of the most geographically disparate fixtures in this WC. Fuck knows what will happen.

France v Australia

15,150 km

Shoulders?-Stomach!

That's a group I really have no idea what will happen in. One of them could just burn from the stern. Important group as the rest, apart from perhaps Russia/Egypt lalready look fairly nailed on in terms of teams that will qualify.

imitationleather

What will happen is that Japan are going to get a spanking.

I have been wrong in almost all of my predictions.

EDIT: Actually no I haven't. Just feels like I have. I'm too hard on myself, I really am.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: kngen on June 18, 2018, 10:46:52 PM
France v Australia

15,150 km

if you include territories, its 17,519 km

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 18, 2018, 10:47:57 PM
That's a group I really have no idea what will happen in. One of them could just burn from the stern. Important group as the rest, apart from perhaps Russia/Egypt lalready look fairly nailed on in terms of teams that will qualify.

Bookmarked

Shoulders?-Stomach!