Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:43:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

World Cup 2018 it are in Russians #2

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, June 18, 2018, 09:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Over two hours between games now. >:(

Mr Eggs

5pm-6pm on ITV 4 The Professionals.

The Professionals is not on yet.

I'm fucking disgusted.

im barry bethel

No football for 2 hours, what am I supposed to do now on a sunny teatime :(

massive bereavement

This afternoon's match just goes to show how this game can suddenly pull the rug from underneath your feet just as you're beginning to believe.

boki

Come on Iran,
I'm not really a fan,
But this evening,
You mean everything.

mothman

Spain Morocco is as close as you'll ever get to a foregone conclusion in ver bootiful gyme, but Iran beating Portugal would be sublimely delicious.

Depressed Beyond Tables

massive bereavement

phes

Quote from: mothman on June 25, 2018, 05:35:18 PM
Spain Morocco is as close as you'll ever get to a foregone conclusion in ver bootiful gyme, but Iran beating Portugal would be sublimely delicious.

Morocco have been excellent, they just couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. Stick Lewendowski, Salah etc, any one of this year's redundant world class strikers in that team and they'd be getting out of most groups (except their own).

Surely there's been far worse teams than Morocco.

imitationleather

I think Panama are safely the worst team in this World Cup. Shit and also playing a really horrible style of football. But second worst? Egypt, Poland, South Korea and Argentina (for the really poor nature of their performances) are battling it out there for me, Clive. I guess for three of them it comes down to how they approach their final game, but they've all been far worse than I expected them to be.

Also have we mentioned that apparently the Argentina players (i.e. Messi) are picking the team for their final game? Something that seems almost designed to result in a loss against Nigeria.

BlodwynPig

France worst so far, although I relied on text for the second game.

They'll draw 0-0 with Denmark (as they have done before) and limp out in the next round.

bgmnts

Quote from: phes on June 25, 2018, 06:04:27 PM
Morocco have been excellent, they just couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. Stick Lewendowski, Salah etc, any one of this year's redundant world class strikers in that team and they'd be getting out of most groups (except their own).

Surely there's been far worse teams than Morocco.

Hmmm

bgmnts

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on June 25, 2018, 05:45:27 PM
Favourite team so far: Japan.

One bloke in the office "couldnt bear to watch some nips run around a field" apparently.

dallasman

Quote from: bgmnts on June 25, 2018, 06:14:43 PM
One bloke in the office "couldnt bear to watch some nips run around a field" apparently.

That's a Photoshop - or better yet, a Korean news animation madness - waiting to happen. Still 30 minutes to go, folks. Gifs means prizes!

colacentral

Quote from: imitationleather on June 25, 2018, 06:05:11 PM
I think Panama are safely the worst team in this World Cup. Shit and also playing a really horrible style of football. But second worst? Egypt, Poland, South Korea and Argentina (for the really poor nature of their performances) are battling it out there for me, Clive. I guess for three of them it comes down to how they approach their final game, but they've all been far worse than I expected them to be.

Also have we mentioned that apparently the Argentina players (i.e. Messi) are picking the team for their final game? Something that seems almost designed to result in a loss against Nigeria.

Apparently Aguero dropped after a failed mutiny against the manager. Nailed on Nigeria win and much hilarity.

imitationleather

Quote from: colacentral on June 25, 2018, 06:28:42 PM
Apparently Aguero dropped after a failed mutiny against the manager. Nailed on Nigeria win and much hilarity.

Surely when you're having a disaster of a tournament and look certain to go home early whatever you do it's best to keep the manager in place until the endso he can take all of the flak? Now it's just going to be on the players as well.

Mr Eggs

Shearer now in the role of pretend interpreter.

massive bereavement

massive bereavement

Interesting build up to Spain v Morocco on BBC4.

DrGreggles

Quote from: imitationleather on June 25, 2018, 06:05:11 PM

Apparently it's "6 or 7 of their biggest names" who are behind it.
To be honest, they couldn't do much worse.

Said it before (and I'll no doubt have to say it again), but I honestly don't understand why Messi doesn't play in the same position for Argentina that he does for Barcelona?
Ever since Riquelme packed up, Messi has generally been in the 'number 10' role.
WHY?
HE'S REALLY GOOD AT WHERE HE PLAYS FOR BARCA!
REALLY REALLY GOOD!
PLAY HIM THERE AND FILL EVERYONE ELSE IN AFTER!

Or get Maradona back in charge...

massive bereavement

Will we get a Pepe moment tonight?

Captain Z

Are BBC showing the same match on two channels?

Mr Eggs

"Paolo... How do you see this going?", says Lineker

"Good...Great", says Pablo.

Pundits.

newbridge

Iran 1 - Portugal 0

I'll save you 90 minutes

massive bereavement

Thought I was watching an ABBA video at the end of that Portugal anthem. Ronaldo standing at an angle to his partner.

BlodwynPig

Received wisdom is that Argentina will bomb out with the mutiny etc. (cf. France 02, 10). Probably a last minute reprieve in my mind. Legend Messi back on form to Roy of the Rovers their progression.

DrGreggles

Quote from: newbridge on June 25, 2018, 06:57:09 PM
Iran 1 - Portugal 0

I'll save you 90 minutes

It'd certainly be fucking funny.

newbridge

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 25, 2018, 06:58:41 PM
It'd certainly be fucking funny.

Ronaldo red card in the first 10 minutes

massive bereavement

I miss the days when the commentator would point out that the VAR officials were wearing the full referees kit, every single match.

massive bereavement

Forgot that Iran brought the vuvuzelas with them.