Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:26:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

World Cup 2018 it are in Russians #2

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, June 18, 2018, 09:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44503705

If you take the subs out, all the top rated England players are white, and all the worse rated players are black.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: kngen on June 18, 2018, 10:46:52 PM
France v Australia

15,150 km

The rules specify that you must measure from the closest border.

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

BlodwynPig

imitationleather

BlodwynPig

Depressed Beyond Tables

Or Nomore as he's now known.

sorry about that

Neymar Sr. Ltd

imitationleather

What is the word on Colombia? They were quite good in 2014, weren't they? Much cop now?

TELL ME. I'VE ALREADY PREDICTED THEY WILL SPANK JAPAN AND I WANT TO KNOW IF I WILL BE CORRECT.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on June 19, 2018, 12:33:35 AM
What is the word on Colombia? They were quite good in 2014, weren't they? Much cop now?

TELL ME. I'VE ALREADY PREDICTED THEY WILL SPANK JAPAN AND I WANT TO KNOW IF I WILL BE CORRECT.

First 0-0 of the tournament

imitationleather

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: imitationleather on June 19, 2018, 12:39:12 AM
That is Russia v Egypt. Nailed on.

Bookmarked, HD colour printed and scanned for future reference.

Pele said Colombia are no mugs. Or were.

colacentral

I'm going against the grain again and saying Japan and Senegal will win tomorrow.

BlodwynPig

Senegal are the dark horses for the competition.

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 19, 2018, 04:01:03 AM
Senegal are the dark horses for the competition.

Is there an echo in here? I'm sure I just heard what I had already said earlier, but I hadn't uttered it for some time. Curious!

(Johnny come lately-s, the lot)

Brian Freeze

Beer in the stadium was mentioned somewhere in the other thread wasn't it?

They said on the radio that it was alcohol free beer being served in Russia at this tournament. Can anyone confirm this?

It was bloody weird listening to Talksport through an earpiece off the phone while working and having Flashscore beeping the goals about a minute before the radio did and they are a similar time ahead of BBC too.

Good if you want to appear psychic and impress your mates I suppose.

Ferris

I believe it has been abolished now (alas), but for a time drinking beverages under 6% abv did not count as drinking so coppers/tube drivers/taxi folk would be boozing away with merry abandon (and it was merry).

Is it a mis-translation of that defunct law?

(I got pissed up in GUM and there was nothing they could do because I was drinking harmless Baltika 3, a mere 5.5%. Have that, you mugs. I did have to bribe a Russian official to get into Moscow though so they had the last laugh.)

Brian Freeze

I like the sound of that. Will have to broach it with Mrs Freeze.

greenman

It is starting to sink in just how few big matches there actually are in the group stages this time.

mothman

There have been some big teams among the non-qualifiers, that doesn't help.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Brian Freeze on June 19, 2018, 04:11:18 AM
Beer in the stadium was mentioned somewhere in the other thread wasn't it?

They said on the radio that it was alcohol free beer being served in Russia at this tournament. Can anyone confirm this?

I was in Germany 2006 and the only beer you could get was Budweiser, because they're an official sponsor.
My guess would be that it's similar this time round.

I'd rather have a pint of Gazprom...

New Jack

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 19, 2018, 08:01:41 AM

Beats a pint of McDonald's, or a pint of Qatar Airways

Lost Oliver

Agree with the above that England will either win or lose against Belgium. Either that or I can see a draw.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: mothman on June 19, 2018, 07:38:27 AM
There have been some big teams among the non-qualifiers, that doesn't help.

I'm still waiting for Italy and their usual stuttering start to a tournament, when do they play?

Norton Canes

Gulftastic

Sky TV have no rights, so this morning on SSN they recreated some of the key incidents with pre-teen school children, including one with a Gareth Southgate mask for the post game interview.

Lovely stuff.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 19, 2018, 04:14:34 AM
I believe it has been abolished now (alas), but for a time drinking beverages under 6% abv did not count as drinking so coppers/tube drivers/taxi folk would be boozing away with merry abandon (and it was merry).

Is it a mis-translation of that defunct law?

(I got pissed up in GUM and there was nothing they could do because I was drinking harmless Baltika 3, a mere 5.5%. Have that, you mugs. I did have to bribe a Russian official to get into Moscow though so they had the last laugh.)

Where did you drink in Gum? I didn't see any bars

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 19, 2018, 08:01:41 AM
I was in Germany 2006 and the only beer you could get was Budweiser, because they're an official sponsor.
My guess would be that it's similar this time round.

Was that inside the stadiums? I didn't go to any games but went to the fan parks and snuggled in illicit German beer

imitationleather

If Lawro is anywhere near Colombia v Japan I may have to bail.

BlodwynPig

Didn't realise Falcao was Colombian. Never featured in a WC before, odd.