Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:53:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

World Cup 2018 it are in Russians #2

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, June 18, 2018, 09:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

chveik

So who's going to play against Russia?

finnquark

Probably just after having had a shit day at work, but this is garbage. I know group games aren't supposed to be high quality, but that was a joke. I don't even care if it was a pen or not, it's all the stoppages and moaning and swivel-eyed lunatics like Shearer spreading a moral panic. Problem is the shitmuncher punditrati can't cope with it, and nor can the players, and nor can the administrators. Heard some radio commentators saying it should get brought into gaelic now. Good, another sport I enjoy to be ruined.

massive bereavement

That was intentional from Ronaldo, to the face, not much contact but the intent was there. A red for me.

newbridge

Quote from: massive bereavement on June 25, 2018, 09:00:33 PM
So Iran get a draw against Portugal, only lost 1-0 to Spain and beat Morrocco (who were actually quite decent). Unlucky to go out with 4 points in that group.

And the game against Spain really should have been a draw

bgmnts

Quote from: massive bereavement on June 25, 2018, 09:02:42 PM
That was intentional from Ronaldo, to the face, not much contact but the intent was there. A red for me.

It wasnt a red because the ref studied ut for a long time apparently.

Alan Shearer is a fucking spazmotwonk.

Pablo Zabaleta seems the only decent lad.

Mr Eggs

Brazil all the way on a wave of NEYVAR.

DrGreggles

Quote from: massive bereavement on June 25, 2018, 09:00:33 PM
So Iran get a draw against Portugal, only lost 1-0 to Spain and beat Morrocco (who were actually quite decent). Unlucky to go out with 4 points in that group.

Morocco were arguably the better team in all 3 of their games.
Weird group.

dallasman

Iranian penalties have always been excellent

thraxx

Quote from: bgmnts on June 25, 2018, 09:04:54 PM
It wasnt a red because the ref studied ut for a long time apparently.

Alan Shearer is a fucking spazmotwonk.

Pablo Zabaleta seems the only decent lad.

The ref spent ages because he wanted to send Ronaldo off, but was analysing the amount of shit he would get if he did.  Having fully reflected he, in cowardly moral fashion, but quite understandably, decided to compromise on a yellow. 

bgmnts

Quote from: thraxx on June 25, 2018, 09:07:51 PM
The ref spent ages because he wanted to send Ronaldo off, but was analysing the amount of shit he would get if he did.  Having fully reflected he, in cowardly moral fashion, but quite understandably, decided to compromise on a yellow.

Can't blame him to be fair.

Hopefully Uruguay turn up and give Portugal the battering they deserve.

massive bereavement

So Uruguay v Portugal is our Saturday night match. Should be fun.

slicesofjim

I'm glad I mainly watch lower league football that'll never get infested with this shit.

DrGreggles

♫ There's a VAR man watching from the sky... ♫

buttgammon

Poor Iran!

As for Portugal, this is the team that won the Euros having only won one game in normal time - can't help but worry about them ruining this tournament too.

massive bereavement

Four penalties awarded today. Two missed.

I reckon the referee might have felt compelled to award the Iran one to even things up a bit because he knew he should have sent Ronaldo off, which could have been a game changer.

rue the polywhirl

The referee correctly did not send Ronaldo off because it honestly was a nothing incident with nary a hint of violent conduct just rough conduct most aimed away from the face he but had to dish out a yellow as a means of providing some sort of appeasement to the Iranians. Just a timid, dilly-dallying, acquiescent ref that shouldn't ever ref again.

DrGreggles

Quote from: massive bereavement on June 25, 2018, 09:18:57 PM
Four penalties awarded today. Two missed.

I reckon the referee might have felt compelled to award the Iran one to even things up a bit because he knew he should have sent Ronaldo off, which could have been a game changer.

I feel sorry for the refs.
The 'advice' they get is probably more of a 'do this now'.

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: thraxx on June 25, 2018, 08:50:20 PM
Feel sorry for the ref.  All 22 players have been abominable cunts for the entire 90 minutes.  They haven't stopped trying to con him and fuck him over.

Agree, the ref had a decent game considering what he had to put up with. Shame he spoiled it with the penalty decision but Shearer should leave off. Pepe should have been sent off for being a twat.

im barry bethel

imitationleather

Quote from: im barry bethel on June 25, 2018, 09:25:08 PM

You called it.

We should start thread #3, yeah? Gone past 100 pages now, lads.

asids

Brilliant.

All the moaning about VAR but that was an absolute thrill ride, you didn't know what was gonna happen next. More of the same please.

DrGreggles