Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:17:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Happy World Sauntering Day

Started by New Jack, June 19, 2018, 08:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

New Jack

World Sauntering Day is celebrated on June 19 every year. The purpose is to remind people to slow down and enjoy life as opposed to rushing through it. It is also sometimes referred to as International Sauntering Day.

I'd celebrate by sauntering a bit more than usual, but I'm happy with my current levels of sauntering - although that does presume ambling is an acceptable substitute.

Steven

Sauntering?

Sounds a bit poofy, to me.

Neville Chamberlain

I don't mind people sauntering in the privacy of their own homes, it's just when they do it openly in our parks and on our pavements. Disgusting!

Alberon

They'll be letting saunterers marry soon! I'm going to stomp everywhere today in protest.

New Jack

The pride march for sauntering takes ages

Steven

Quote from: New Jack on June 19, 2018, 10:49:28 AM
The pride march for sauntering takes ages

That's Sega you're thinking of. And Sonic didn't saunter, he actually ran at very high speeds.

New Jack

That's a different day, mate. Can't wait for World Speed Day, what with my drug habits. The march there, is over like that!

... I just snapped my fingers. Knuckles is the mascot for World Finger Snapping day.

Spoon of Ploff

What about the people who prefer to mosey on down then?
This is just blatant discrimination.

Alberon

They need to make their minds up whether they are saunterers or stompers. They're just deluding themselves if they think they are anything other than one of those two.

New Jack

As a habitual meanderer, I'm shocked and disturbed by the ugly, fractious nature of the leisurely-paced ambulatory community

Glebe

Tickets for this are now available from Poundstretcher, priced £50. You may be queueing for some hours, however.