Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:03:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fucking Noel Fielding

Started by kalowski, June 19, 2018, 10:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Just walked in to the front room to watch this twat on Live of the Apollo doing some sort of "anti chav" routine. Fucking awful.

up_the_hampipe

I think "anti chav" is a good stance though.

Lemming

Do chavs still exist? I haven't seen one since about 2010, and that's being pretty generous. I've heard reports of small enclaves of them still existing in Seacroft.

kalowski

What does it mean? He said he's from South London and so is a chav, but went to art school and so had to hand in his chav hat. Then hand in his chav badge (in case we didn't get the first joke). Then did lots of shit voices, "Why is you wearin' a silvar suit?"

Cuellar

Chavs are everywhere
They're hiding by the stair
They're even in your hair
Those chavs are everywhere

imitationleather

He's a millionaire in his forties. He has no idea about young people from beyond 2002.

But yeah I also turned this on by accident, shouted, "FUCK NO NO!" and turned it to ITV. Sweet relief.

rue the polywhirl

I'm actually quite loving it. I'm particularly enjoying his stuff about being over 40. What is it all about indeed.

Cold Meat Platter

Does he like art? I'm never sure.

Petey Pate

You're all dead inside if you don't find the idea of a giraffe wearing a trilby amusing.

the

I find the idea of a giraffe running a chain of toy shops amusing, but I don't need a dismal packaged-for-the-noughties twat to achieve that

up_the_hampipe

Julian Barratt was a good stand-up.

Gregory Torso

The only comedian I can think of that would make me say "christ, I wish I was watching Ross Noble."

ajsmith2

Quote from: Lemming on June 19, 2018, 10:17:31 PM
Do chavs still exist? I haven't seen one since about 2010, and that's being pretty generous. I've heard reports of small enclaves of them still existing in Seacroft.

That kind of sneering punching down/patronising 'celebration of the underclass' humour is so quintessentially early - mid 00s and looks bizzarely dated seen from today. My theory is that the 2008 credit crunch and it's aftermath knocked things into perspective for many.

kalowski

The later material may well have been funnier, I don't know. I put the news on. Huw Edwards was definitely funnier.

magval

Has he not been doing this set FOREVER? Or was it a repeat?

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: imitationleather on June 19, 2018, 10:21:35 PM
He's a millionaire in his forties. He has no idea about young people from beyond 2002.

Beyond 2000 was ace. I can only imagine what 2002 was like.

Norton Canes

Can we have a thread in H.S. Art with the same title?

Pseudopath

Quote from: magval on June 20, 2018, 08:45:14 AM
Has he not been doing this set FOREVER? Or was it a repeat?

It was a repeat from November 2015.

Glebe

Noel Fielding leaves thread dressed as a doughnut, screaming "Falkirk! Falkirk!"

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

I can't help but think the thread title is what most of his fan base would like to be.

St_Eddie

The title of this thread is an absolute disgrace!  It's conjuring images within my mind that I'd rather not envision, thank you very much!

the

... of Edmonds' rounders teammates, pouring scorn on his ability to catch.

Edit: Lol imagine a badger playing rounders lol

Steven

Would look like this, I'd imagine:

I did try not to imagine. Curse you brain for thinking things this way.

Shaky

They're showing The Mighty Boosh at the moment here in Oz and no word of a lie the adverts declare, "Noel Fielding... and that other guy!" He's somewhat revered here, it seems.

Jock Macabre

I seem to remember enjoying Julian Barrett's stand up, but then again, I also enjoyed Fielding's stand up which I've since realised wasn't up to much.
Lee Evans was also a favourite back then before he...I dunno...evaporated presumably.

I'm sure I had a point to this post other than my comedic taste is historically questionable.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Jock Macabre on June 24, 2018, 02:01:47 PM
I'm sure I had a point to this post other than my comedic taste is historically questionable.

Your avatar supports this.  Snarf snarf.

up_the_hampipe

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on June 24, 2018, 03:14:14 PM
Okay. So what do we do now? Do we fight?

Yes. With hammers. And after that I'll have to fight him as I really liked Barratt as a stand up too, back in the mid nineties he played the student union where I worked a couple of times and always went down a storm.

RedRevolver

I was hoping for an in-depth, blow-by-blow account of the salacious details of an erotic, winsome night with Mr. Fielding.