Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:53:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fucking Noel Fielding

Started by kalowski, June 19, 2018, 10:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: RedRevolver on June 24, 2018, 04:29:17 PM
I was hoping for an in-depth, blow-by-blow account of the salacious details of an erotic, winsome night with Mr. Fielding.

Here you go: https://www.wattpad.com/19426854-inseparable-lovers-russell-brand-and-noel-fielding

Custard

I think most people these days only know him from the Bakeoff. So when he turns up trying to do proper comedy, it just looks a bit weird. Like Gordon Ramsay turning up for the javelin in the Olympics

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Shameless Custard on June 24, 2018, 06:22:30 PM
I think most people these days only know him from the Bakeoff. So when he turns up trying to do proper comedy, it just looks a bit weird. Like Gordon Ramsay turning up for the javelin in the Olympics

Really it's more like Gordon Ramsay cooking on TV without shouting or being a wanker.

petril

Quote from: Shameless Custard on June 24, 2018, 06:22:30 PM

or more aptly, trying to fill in at right back in the third round of the League Cup

Mark Steels Stockbroker

Quote from: ajsmith2 on June 20, 2018, 03:23:23 AM
That kind of sneering punching down/patronising 'celebration of the underclass' humour is so quintessentially early - mid 00s and looks bizzarely dated seen from today. My theory is that the 2008 credit crunch and it's aftermath knocked things into perspective for many.

You're gonna love reading Authentocrats

Mark Steels Stockbroker

The basic gag was originally done by Jeremy Hardy aeons ago: "I was born on a council estate, but after my parents called me Jeremy we had to leave."

Also reminiscent of Ivor Dembina: "My parents came to North London as refugees... they were refugees from South London".

Sean Lock had to "hand in his badge" in an episode of 13 Storeys High.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I really, really hope that Noel Fielding goes bald.

kalowski

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 25, 2018, 03:44:28 AM
I really, really hope that Noel Fielding goes bald.
What do you mean, "goes"?

Jock Macabre

I hope a giant, purple Neptunian sloth driving a unicycle crashes into his house and supernovas, killing him.

Urinal Cake

jonbob

Quote from: kalowski on June 25, 2018, 06:14:58 AM
What do you mean, "goes"?
the funniest thing he's done is get around wearing that wig, like it's normal to wear such fake hair.

Replies From View

Quote from: Jock Macabre on June 25, 2018, 07:04:50 AM
I hope a giant, purple Neptunian sloth driving a unicycle crashes into his house and supernovas, killing him.

His own fault for keeping supernovas so close to his house.

gloria

My other half reviewed a Fielding live show a couple of years ago and I went along as her +1. I was expecting it to be awful and full of fan-pleasing stuff that would alienate the casual attendee. Imagine my surprise, dear readers, when Fielding delivered an extremely funny, clever, accessible, warmhearted and visually inventive show. It really was good.

The man has become the go-to hate figure for a certain kind of misanthropic comedy fan*. I suspect this is partly because they were the same age as him when he became famous, and he got all the adulation and success despite them knowing more about obscure Absolutely sketches.

*Just realised "CaBber" is probably a more succinct term for this.

the

UR JUST JELOUS there, hot off the back of your UR JUST OLD post the other day. Continues to be challenging stuff, keep it up.

gloria

Quote from: the on June 25, 2018, 09:32:46 AM
UR JUST JELOUS there, hot off the back of your UR JUST OLD post the other day. Continues to be challenging stuff, keep it up.

Misanthropy is the dull grey sun that powers CaB.

Jock Macabre

I suppose the whole notion of the 'CABber misanthrope' has a certain air of truth to it given just how many comedians' acts are deconstructed and destroyed on here, but said notion kinda falls on its arse when you consider the admiration and praise many other comedians from all eras get on here. I mean...maybe, just maybe, the Fielding detractors aren't envious of him so much as they just find him a couch-chewingly soporific shiteflute that substituted humour with formulaic surrealism and nonsense and became ever-increasingly listless and shit at that too.

Who knows, maybe there is a slight element of jealousy in it.
Say you had been working hard in an office for ages, waiting for your opportunity to get promoted. You think the opportunity arises. Then inexplicably, you find out you haven't got it and they've given it to the guy who's constantly fucking about, turning up late, putting salt in the sugar tin and fucking the printers. You'd probably be a bit pissed off.

yesitsme

Quote from: Jock Macabre on June 25, 2018, 11:23:31 AM
I suppose the whole notion of the 'CABber misanthrope' has a certain air of truth to it given just how many comedians' acts are deconstructed and destroyed on here, but said notion kinda falls on its arse when you consider the admiration and praise many other comedians from all eras get on here. I mean...maybe, just maybe, the Fielding detractors aren't envious of him so much as they just find him a couch-chewingly soporific shiteflute that substituted humour with formulaic surrealism and nonsense and became ever-increasingly listless and shit at that too.

Say you had been working hard in an office for ages, waiting for your opportunity to get promoted. You think the opportunity arises. Then inexplicably, you find out you haven't got it and they've given it to the guy who's constantly fucking about, turning up late, putting salt in the sugar tin and fucking the printers. You'd probably be a bit pissed off.

Missed that promotion again?

Jock Macabre

Quote from: yesitsme on June 25, 2018, 12:19:08 PM
Missed that promotion again?

Makes me fuckin' sick, y'know.. He came out of his private office, adorning a amateurish felt cephalopod with a.massive erection singing 'I'm a horny octopus, I'm a horny octopus' before heading for the stairs and dragging his own fetid ballsack down the banister. Fucking Fielding!

gloria

Quote from: Jock Macabre on June 25, 2018, 11:23:31 AM

Yes, I exaggerate a smidge to make a point. There is of course much praise and celebration of good comedy here. But there is that dark, bedsitland loner vibe too. I don't think you could have designed a comedian more likely to get CaBbers backs up than Fielding. A whimsy merchant who gets groupies.

the

So the logic goes:

- You went to a NF show expecting it to be awful
- You thought it was surprisingly good
- So because of the above, people who think that NF's comedy is awful are JELOUS OF SEX.

Ceefax letters page basically

gloria

Quote from: the on June 25, 2018, 01:30:25 PM
So the logic goes:

- You went to a NF show expecting it to be awful
- You thought it was surprisingly good
- So because of the above, people who think that NF's comedy is awful are JELOUS OF SEX.

Ceefax letters page basically

Press reveal to find out the answer! But yes, basically. You don't have to look far on here to find people who think they can do whimsy as well as Fielding. They probably can, too, and that's the thing that galls.

St_Eddie

Quote from: gloria on June 25, 2018, 02:04:00 PM

Press reveal to find out the answer! But yes, basically...

So, you yourself were jealous of sex, until you went to see Noel Fielding do some stand up and now everyone else is jealous of sex?  I'm not sure that I follow your logic here.

gloria

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 25, 2018, 03:10:37 PM
So, you yourself were jealous of sex, until you went to see Noel Fielding do some stand up and now everyone else is jealous of sex?  I'm not sure that I follow your logic here.

No, not saying I hated him before. Just had low expectations based on opinions of comedy forum men.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: gloria on June 25, 2018, 03:17:40 PM

No, not saying I hated him before. Just had low expectations based on opinions of comedy forum men.

I can understand that and I'm not a big fan of the man myself, but many were surprised at how funny he could be in the Taskmaster thread.

Mark Steels Stockbroker

You want to know why I hate Noel Fielding? I'll tell you why I hate Noel Fielding.

At Christmas 2007 I saw him appearing in Channel 4's Big Fat Quiz. A month later I was diagnosed with cancer.

He's a cunt.

the

Quote from: Mark Steels Stockbroker on June 25, 2018, 11:52:26 PMYou want to know why I hate Noel Fielding? I'll tell you why I hate Noel Fielding.

At Christmas 2007 I saw him appearing in Channel 4's Big Fat Quiz. A month later I was diagnosed with cancer.

Y'see, starting to like him now