Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:23:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Thread for Lurkers

Started by Puce Moment, June 19, 2018, 11:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

I've been here 14 years and nobody would describe me as being with the in-crowd. I think I must have seen at least three full turnovers of the in-crowd by now.

sprocket

I'm conducting a silent protest until the jacket potato story is posted.

New Jack

Tags: Richard Ashcroft cover gone wrong

Quote from: Crabwalk on June 21, 2018, 10:05:09 AM
It was this post by you that teased me out after 5+ years of lurking way back.

Excellent. Certainly my intention to spur the idle into activity. I'll accept ten percent credit for your good posts.

Namtab

Not exactly a lurker but not a super frequent poster either. Mix of can't be arsed and not always feeling I can sum things up better than they already have been. Just find it an often entertaining and interesting collection of conversations to read, and get a lot of good recommendations from it.

AliasTheCat

I spent years lurking without being able to register, so when new registrations were allowed it was a bit like discovering that you could participate in the Archers. Not exactly the same mind, because if I could do that I'd go on some sort of spree. 

GentleJoshing

I've been lurking furtively on here for years, and posting a few times a year, when I pluck up the courage. I find it stresses me out quite a bit, checking back later to see if anyone's responded. Probably the wrong way to think about it, should fire and forget.
Much love though- over the years I've read stuff on here that has made me laugh as much as any of my favourite comedy writers/shows/podcasts.
Maybe I'll post again after I make toilet on Boxing Day.

Hiya! I browse CaB on my phone, on which I can never be bothered to write posts of a decent length. Unless I'm at the Edinburgh Fringe or there's a conversation about the Super Furries.

Fat Jesus

Guys I'm sorry for what I said - I've got social anxiety issues and it even extends to talking to people online. I was pissed off and just blew off steam after one of my attempts to be sociable on here came fell flat. My problem, not yours.

mothman

Not really. Look, this place can seem snobbish and cliquey and yes sometimes it is. But I've never seen anyone run off unless they were being objectionable. Well, even more objectionable then the rest of us are.

Cerys

Quote from: Buelligan on June 21, 2018, 10:36:12 AM
I don't think there should be a comma after "pool" but it's not set in stone.  Just felt obliged to mention it, no offence.

You are incorrect, and your entire posting history is therefore worthless.  Now go sit in a corner and think about what you've done.

Dr Trouser

280 posts in 4 years, most of which were photoshops of Nick Knowles (sorry Neil), so probably down to laziness really.

Sorry, i do love you all really though.

Buelligan

Quote from: Cerys on June 22, 2018, 09:29:37 AM
You are incorrect, and your entire posting history is therefore worthless.  Now go sit in a corner and think about what you've done.

Or is a conjunction though, I think one is free to use a comma but it isn't required.  Or, am I wrong?  You decide.

Cerys

It isn't required, but in this case it served to better construct the sentence.  Think of it as a mid-shelf book-end that keeps the cat from demolishing the encyclopaedia set.

Mr Farenheit

Just reading forums is entertaining/informative/infuriating without necessarily joining in.
I'll pitch in very occasionally but most of the time it's a case of not having much to add, or thinking of something but then not having the free time, then the moment has passed. Sometimes you think there are very funny posters on CAB so you're not going to match up. Like now, look at this whole post- nothing funny here, maybe I'll just delete it.

Cerys

Don't feel that you have to be funny.  Just relax into your own posting style.

pancreas

Quote from: Cerys on June 22, 2018, 09:29:37 AM

That snake bite has had a profound effect on you.

Buelligan

You obviously haven't been paying attention.  She's always been like this.

phatfill

To make up for my lack of posts
I' ll set the record straight,
Ive thought of stuff to post on here
Full of gravitas and weight
Like what i steal from certain shops
Or what S4C i hate.
But my keyboard lost its o key
And my spelling isnt great.
So i typed this on my PS4
Thats why my replies so late
To be without this funny place
I couldn't contemplate
I love to read so many threads
Sometimes i just can't wait
I expect somebody here will hate this,
And probably just type  "mate"

Cerys

How well you know us.

Quote from: Buelligan on June 22, 2018, 10:36:29 AM
You obviously haven't been paying attention.  She's always been like this.

Bah.  Rumbled.

Buelligan

Awful, awful, woman!  xxx

Nice poem btw, mate.

Chollis

Quote from: Namtab on June 21, 2018, 08:46:45 PM
Mix of can't be arsed and not always feeling I can sum things up better than they already have been. Just find it an often entertaining and interesting collection of conversations to read, and get a lot of good recommendations from it.

New Jack

Posting in here beats the SHIT out of posting in my Universal Credit diary!!

Desolation

Crabwalk

Quote from: Kinelle on June 20, 2018, 10:55:13 AM
Also a long time lurker. Been popping in and out of here for over a decade before finally getting an account and yet still remaining all lurky in the shadows because.... well... it just... look, I don't know. I've come to know this place well in all its phimotic glory and I'm far more interested in what you've all got to say than anything I could add. Although judging by some discussions, maybe adding another ladycabber (...?) voice wouldn't exactly upset the balance (I'm not follically challenged either, won't someone think of the demographics!). It's been so long that if I was to break the extensively built-up silence, I feel it would require writing a post so epic, so gorgeous, so legendary, in order to say hello. This is clearly not it.

But I'll say hello anyway, it feels dirty.

Post more! It's easy once you get going and you've broken your duck now.

zomgmouse

This thread is giving me real uncanny valley vibes

Bird

(Ahh... the pressure of a first post... something profound... something that everyone identifies with and marvels at the articulate charm and unique perspective... here goes...)

Gary Barlow's a fuckin' twat.

Psmith

I don't post much because :
A. I'm not sexually frustrated.(Too old)
B.Have a regular bowel movement (Prunes)

MrsWarboysLover

I lurk because I like reading the forum, tons of funny posters here, interesting debate, I basically use this for an entertainment and comedy news and recommendation site while also secretly enjoying many of your humorous writings. But, as a lurker I don't get involved in dramas.
I can secretly hate 50 percent of you because of your awful and wrong opinions and yet never receive any backlash by not contributing myself so it's a great system being a lurker.

Back to lurking

Toodles

Jockice

Can I be one of the in-crowd? I've always wanted to be in an in-crowd.

Danger Man

Quote from: Jockice on June 27, 2018, 09:46:35 AM
Can I be one of the in-crowd?

We were discussing this on the secret sub-forum and decided no.