Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:00:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2018

Started by selectivememory, June 20, 2018, 01:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Yes please! I don't fuck with the old photoshop much these days but I reckon I can still play a good hand. I'll probably need messaging when the time actually comes as I'm not on here all that much and will likely forget.

Paul Calf

Yesssssss! Nags is in!

Watch me draw him in Round 1....it's inevitable now.

Ferris

I'm keeping my powder dry for Deso-Quest 2018, but will be an enthusiastic supporter from the sidelines.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 23, 2018, 01:48:41 PM
Yesssssss! Nags is in!

Watch me draw him in Round 1....it's inevitable now.

aww :) flattered mate

selectivememory

Quote from: alan nagsworth on June 23, 2018, 01:38:12 PMI'll probably need messaging when the time actually comes as I'm not on here all that much and will likely forget.

Yeah, I'll probably just message everyone whenever a draw is made. I didn't do that last year and some people inevitably forgot.

Nice to see the likes of waspy and nagsworth joining in again. Should be a good year!

Dex Sawash

Shaping up nicely, another year I won't have to print, cut, tape together, re-photograph and upload a wrong to make up the numbers. Well done competents.

ziggy starbucks

I've lost all my juice. I'm creatively dead.

but I'm in!

Crabwalk

I've not made a photoshop image for about 3 years and I don't have time for such frivolity any more.

I'm also in.

selectivememory

Quote from: selectivememory on June 23, 2018, 02:13:03 PM
Nice to see the likes of waspy and nagsworth joining in again.

ziggy and Crabwalk too... Shaping up very nicely this year.

Still another week for people to sign up if they fancy it.

zomgmouse

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 23, 2018, 01:50:52 PM
I'm keeping my powder dry for Deso-Quest 2018, but will be an enthusiastic supporter from the sidelines.

Yeah when is that happening this year? Keen to do this after last year's disappointment.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: zomgmouse on June 25, 2018, 09:24:22 AM
Yeah when is that happening this year? Keen to do this after last year's disappointment.

Not for another six months... if ever.

zomgmouse

selectivememory

Just going to bump this every day or so until Sunday. We've got good numbers, but we'd love more to join in.

Fry

Fuck it I actually have the time this year, go on then.

selectivememory

Paul Calf

rue the polywhirl

Me join. I will represent England in the tournament and do them proud. And I will pick my strongest 11.

Fry

Shit wait, I just realised I'm going to be on holiday during it and won't be able to play. Sorry.

baptist

When do these shenanigans get underway?

selectivememory

Quote from: baptist on June 29, 2018, 12:57:45 PM
When do these shenanigans get underway?

I'll post the draw Sunday evening. Around 5pm BST.

This is who we've got so far:

Paul Calf
baptist
Small Man Big Horse
MoonDust
kittens
poo
Poisson Du Jour
Cerys
hedgehog90
newbridge
Absorb the anus burn
hummingofevil
Ian Drunken Smurf
madhair60
Spoon of Ploff
wasp_f15ting
alan nagsworth
ziggy starbucks
Crabwalk
rue the polywhirl

That's 20 people. If we end up with an odd number of participants, I'll throw myself into the mix as well so everyone gets a match.

selectivememory

One more day to sign up. Draw is tomorrow evening.

MoonDust

Can you remind us how it's decided who serves the first shot?

Is it based on the order of the names?

Like, if it's X vs Y, then X serves first. And if it's Y vs X, then Y serves first?

Pdine

I'll do it, if sign ups are still allowed...

Crabwalk

Quote from: MoonDust on July 01, 2018, 07:46:22 AM
Can you remind us how it's decided who serves the first shot?

Is it based on the order of the names?

Like, if it's X vs Y, then X serves first. And if it's Y vs X, then Y serves first?

That's right MoonDust.

selectivememory

Quote from: Pdine on July 01, 2018, 07:54:34 AM
I'll do it, if sign ups are still allowed...

Yep, you're fine. We'll close sign-ups at 4pm today.

selectivememory

Still time to sign up...

seepage

Zero experience but wondering if I'd manage it, but can't do anything before the 4th. Perhaps I'll play with myself instead and guess how I might have fared with a real partner.

selectivememory

Quote from: seepage on July 01, 2018, 12:14:56 PM
Zero experience but wondering if I'd manage it, but can't do anything before the 4th. Perhaps I'll play with myself instead and guess how I might have fared with a real partner.

That won't be a problem if you're not drawn to serve.

Shall I put you on the list? Don't worry about lack of experience. It's all a bit of fun anyway.

seepage

OK then, yes please. I assume 'cos 'S' is towards the end of the alphabet I should go second?

selectivememory

Quote from: seepage on July 01, 2018, 12:47:04 PM
OK then, yes please. I assume 'cos 'S' is towards the end of the alphabet I should go second?

It's a random draw, and whoever is named first in each tie serves.

But I was thinking that because MoonDust can't play for a few days from the 5th, you two can play each other. So, he posts a serve by the 4th, and then you'll have three days to respond, which should leave him plenty of time to pick up the match when he's available again.

That won't be unfair to anyone else in the draw, and it won't disrupt the progress of the round.