Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:29:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is peri peri sauce good on gammon?

Started by Fry, June 21, 2018, 04:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fry

I was going to get some gammon steaks and have them with chips and peri peri sauce tonight, but I don't want to risk a dirty dog shit dinner.

imitationleather

New Jack

Can't see it being awful. Peri peri is pretty powerful / strong taste anyway. Mind you, gammon is shit

Sebastian Cobb

Chilli sauce goes well with eggs and eggs go well with gammon. Be alright I reckon.

One of my 'can't be fucked' meals is gammon + egg, homemade wedges (maris piper cut into 8 chunks, par boiled for 5 min and covered in butter and tandoori seasoning that's been microwaved for a bit, oven for 20 min) and green beans.

Bazooka

Gammon is so pure it can be a main,side,dessert and a condiment.

Danger Man

You could take a dump on some gammon and that would improve the taste 200%

Fry

What? What's this bullshit gammon is lush.

Also it's cooking now, I'll let you know how it is.

mothman

I've grilled a gammon steak glazed with mango chutney, it's lush.

steve98

Another Gammon thread? What more is there to be said?... What about Chicken In A Basket?

I had gammon for lunch today with Nando's Peri Peri Garlic sauce and it was mighty fine. Also Maria piper chips are a must too.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteI don't want to risk

Ooh, careful

Gammon there mate

Gammon mate

Gammon

Careful

biggytitbo

Careful!  Chilli-based sauces can reanimate dead flesh, could turn nasty.

mothman

Quote from: steve98 on June 21, 2018, 07:10:02 PM
Another Gammon thread? What more is there to be said?... What about Chicken In A Basket?

OK, one for the "Obvious things" thread - I just finally decided to look up Chicken In A Basket. I've always wondered what it was and why it's served specifically in a basket.

In my defence, I did spend most of the 1970s abroad.