Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:50:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Irrational Hatred

Started by Golden E. Pump, June 21, 2018, 06:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shh

People who take photographs. Of anything. Can't really account for the hatred. Bog-standard, run-of-the-mill misanthropy I suppose.

People who start new pages should be strung up too. Isn't there enough misery in the world?

NurseNugent

People who go on skiing holidays.

People who are proud to be rubbish at georgraphy.

People who have pet names for their body parts.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Golden E. Pump on June 21, 2018, 06:26:34 PM
Does anyone else ever feel an irrational hatred for something trivial?

My Mum's partner is in his early fifties. He only ever eats chips and basic meat products; refusing to try anything new or anything that sounds remotely exotic. For him, coq-au-vin might as well be labelled as 'alien innards containing unknown radioactive metals'. He's never tried anything. And never will.

I know that the taste of food is subjective and that it does not affect my life in the slightest. But we could be in a restaurant and he'll be perusing the menu with his beady face and I'll be there with nought but "just pick the fucking chicken nuggets" repeating ad nauseum in my nearly audible brain voice. That's when he'll glance at my mother and ask "do the chicken nuggets come with normal chips?" To my disappointment, this place has taken the bold decision to only serve curly fries, and they just won't do. My seething rage never shouts "just try a fucking curly fry, you cretin" at him, because it's just his taste in food. But it really wants to. It really does.

So, like my hatred of people with infantile palettes renders me a cunt, is anyone else a cunt?

Or is he the cunt?

Based on first-hand experience, this actually sounds like the behaviour of someone with Asperger's.

newbridge

I had a dog growing up and used to love dogs, but between living in a city and being exposed to The Internet I have come to hate most pet owners. Especially in the city. I don't want to watch your dog shitting on every square inch of public green space in the ten minutes a day it's set free from the oppressive confines of your studio apartment (from which I can hear it howl and bark at all hours of day and night). And anthropomorphizing "doggos" on Twitter and Reddit is no longer anything but obscene.