Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:21:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Most gloriously offensive band name you've seen

Started by Nice Relaxing Poo, June 21, 2018, 06:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
For me, it's Overturned s*****c Bus. A band so obscure that the only mention I can find of them on the internet is on a list of bands that have covered Metallica's Seek and Destroy.

New Jack

Anal Cunt is quite good

Think my nomination is Cripple Bastards though (no idea what they play, suspect it's not classical music)

Sodomized Cadaver is another contender. Welsh death metal if anyone's interested btw.

Sgt. Duckie

Somehow I ended up at an 'AIDS Wolf' gig once. The perma-screeching lead singer had an unusual habit of walking into the crowd and wrapping the mike lead around peoples necks. AIDS Wolf.

DrGreggles

There used to be a goth band called R.A.P.E.Y.O.U. (the letters supposedly stood for something.
They were obviously D.O.G.S.H.I.T.

Ron Superior

I mean, I don't know how good this band would have to be to make it worth googling them:
https://deathbombarc.bandcamp.com/album/shes-got-legs

hermitical

BlodwynPig

Gaye Bikers on Acid
Lesbian Dopeheads on Mopeds

Shoulders?-Stomach!

purlieu

There's a noise artist called LB (his real name is Levi Bailey) who changes what it stands for for most of his releases - some have come out as Lesbian Bonfire and Leaky Bowels, which amuses me. Reminds me a bit of Foetus in that respect, whose variation Scraping Foetus Off the Wheel is pretty unpleasant.

I own a split tape by Al Qaeda and Dried Up Corpse, which always makes me laugh.

Rectal Twat are an obvious reference to Anal Cunt, but with a much funnier name.

Japanese Torture Comedy Hour
Female Pedophile
Raped Teenagers
The Baby Whore Raper

And, of course, the one and only Giving Your Cancerous Intestine to Children to Use as a Jumping Rope
edit: the compilation their one track appears on has some gems: Rectal Fissure Hemorrhoids, Gutter Slut Pulverizer, and Wrong Illegal Abortion Procedure With Alarming Consequences

hermitical

another noise/PE contender:

Two Dead Sluts, One Good Fuck

purlieu

Quote from: hermitical on June 21, 2018, 10:09:57 PM
another noise/PE contender:

Two Dead Sluts, One Good Fuck
I knew there was a really good one I was forgetting. They briefly ran a label called Foreskin Forcefield, which seems strangely appropriate for CaB.

DukeDeMondo

Dead Kennedys would have been considered fairly offensive at the time, really, wouldn't it? I've often wondered though if maybe there isn't something just a wee bit naff about it too. Like imagine if a band called, I dunno, The Stomping 9/11s, or The Dead Dead Di & Dodis or something like this were to appear here now in the year 2018. You'd just roll your eyes, really, wouldn't you? You'd say "grow up," I would imagine. Would folk have thought the same when Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables first appeared?

I dunno. Hard to say for sure. Can't compare them, really. The Dead Kennedys are one of the greatest groups in the whole of history and they could have called themselves anything and it would still be the coolest thing in the world to have on a t-shirt, whilst the Stomping 9/11s and The Dead Dead Di & Dodis are so pathetic that they can't even exist.

Rocket Surgery

And purlieu walks away with the thread. All the obscure noise acts I was thinking of just wither in the shade of some of those.

Quote from: purlieu on June 21, 2018, 10:21:38 PM
Foreskin Forcefield

Haha!

While I'm here: not particularly offensive, but Speculum Fight remains my favourite band/project name of all.

non capisco

Quote from: DukeDeMondo on June 21, 2018, 10:25:13 PM
Dead Kennedys would have been considered fairly offensive at the time, really, wouldn't it? I've often wondered though if maybe there isn't something just a wee bit naff about it too.

I think it's possibly popular music's greatest band name. Even if you strip it of its context it's phonetically pleasing in the extreme.

The Culture Bunker

I have a vague memory of Peel on Room 101 talking about getting a tape from a band called Kick the Pregnant.

chveik

studpuppet

I liked that Rapeman came from a comic book.

The various incarnations of Foetus are also up there.

magval

Kick the Pregnant (and, I think, Cripple Bastards) were mentioned on some BBC panel show round about 2002 or so, as I remember my non-metal-fan pals thinking those names were properly outrageous.

Come to think of it, one might be a song by the other.

Absorb the anus burn

Spinabifida (supported Coldplay on their 2008 UK tour)

manticore

Quote from: DukeDeMondo on June 21, 2018, 10:25:13 PM
Dead Kennedys would have been considered fairly offensive at the time, really, wouldn't it?

I didn't like the name at the time, bit obvious and crass, but I think because they weren't much known outside the indie/punk world they didn't get as much shit about it as they might have done.

I'm not sure I believe Jello Biafra's gloss on it here, from 1982:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3qfe6EJb5c

I remember reading in an interview in Sounds in 1979 with Dave McCulloch about where Joy Division got their name, and McCulloch expressed anger about it in the article, but they seem to have got a pass for it ever since, another example of rock people's impassiveness about such things.

Gregory Torso

... Greg you twat

Edit: oh fuck me not reading the thread properly AGAIN. That's it I'm cutting one of my fingers off as penance and never coming back.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: Sgt. Duckie on June 21, 2018, 07:11:37 PM
Somehow I ended up at an 'AIDS Wolf' gig once. The perma-screeching lead singer had an unusual habit of walking into the crowd and wrapping the mike lead around peoples necks. AIDS Wolf.

I, too, ended up at an AIDS Wolf gig. I seem to be remember they were Canadian and pretty good actually.

Not a band name, but Flux of Pink Indians' album The Fucking Cunts Treat Us Like Pricks is pretty good, I reckon.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: purlieu on June 21, 2018, 10:01:29 PMWrong Illegal Abortion Procedure With Alarming Consequences
This is beautiful.  Every word of that makes it funnier. If there was any justice this would be the most famous band in the world.

Enzo

Once went to gig featuring a local grindcore band called Dripping Urethra

probably taking the piss tbf.

Quote from: Enzo on June 22, 2018, 12:14:46 PM
Once went to gig featuring a local grindcore band called Dripping Urethra

probably taking the piss tbf.

Even though this is probably a fib to set up a joke, it's too believable as well.

Some classics from the grindcore scene:

Torsofuck (with their classic Raped by Elephants):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsXo9_ZdcB4

Spermswamp (the delightfully titled Fermented Anal Nectar):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXmz_AphfGs

The last one sounds like someone unblocking a drain set over a the sound of a child fucking around with the drum machine on a Bontempi organ.

biggytitbo

Quote from: magval on June 21, 2018, 11:56:27 PM
Kick the Pregnant (and, I think, Cripple Bastards) were mentioned on some BBC panel show round about 2002 or so, as I remember my non-metal-fan pals thinking those names were properly outrageous.

Come to think of it, one might be a song by the other.

Kick the Pregnant is mentioned by John Peel in his Room 101 episode around that time.

Band name wise, I've always enjoyed Bathtub Shitter, but its not very offensive.