Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:13:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Real Recognise Real

Started by The Boston Crab, June 21, 2018, 07:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Keen to investigate this premise.

Can you think of any circumstances in your own life where real indubitably recognise real?

On CaB, Danger Man is one such example.

In real life, my mother in law's friend. I clicked like maracas with that sound old bitch.

There's a distance, maybe even deliberate, but real recognise real.

New Jack

Walked past these chavs having a smoke of the wacky tobacco, and I smiled at them knowingly (or paedo-ishly as they were a bit youngish) , and they smiled back.

I encounter real recognise real quite often, though I'd like to add a bit more game recognise game

pancreas

Could you please clarify? Do you want us to list people who are authentic? I suppose Danger Man is 'authentic' up to a certain disingenuous point.

Danger Man

Quote from: pancreas on June 21, 2018, 07:49:33 PM
Could you please clarify? Do you want us to list people who are authentic? I suppose Danger Man is 'authentic' up to a certain disingenuous point.

I think he means we are similar because we used to teach in the far east

And we think we are slumming it on here

Real recognise real.

No explanations.

mothman

Depressed Beyond Tables

New Jack

It's important that one does not, in fact, hold a grudge against the player. But rather, it is important to instead develop a distaste for the game.

spamwangler

yea ive met people i like.

herve, hes a good lad. steve too

Emma Raducanu

I once witnessed someone sear a duck breast in under a couple of minutes. I glanced over his shoulder and caught the eye of a fellow onlooker. We both widened our eyes as if the say 'what the fuck' in perfect synchronicity.

spamwangler

Quote from: DolphinFace on June 21, 2018, 11:00:47 PM
I once witnessed someone sear a duck breast in under a couple of minutes. I glanced over his shoulder and caught the eye of a fellow onlooker. We both widened our eyes as if the say 'what the fuck' in perfect synchronicity.

great bit of story telling. exactly the bare bones of information. im gripped

biggytitbo

Quote from: The Boston Crab on June 21, 2018, 07:38:24 PM

Can you think of any circumstances in your own life where real indubitably recognise real?

In real life, my mother in law's friend. I clicked like maracas with that sound old bitch.

spamwangler

Replies From View

I'm not real enough to recognise real, I'm afraid.  Sorry I can't help.

Pdine

Y'all best quit or Imma get Jean Baudrillard all up in this motherfucker.

madhair60

Went to CEX and bought Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, and the extremely young lady who served me said "Okay, Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare" and I said "yes, I wanted to see which kind of warfare I preferred" and she laughed and looked deep into my eyes. RRR. My heart ached for a moment but then I remembered I'm 31 and she was like 16 maybe and I just left.

Consignia

The most famous football club in Madrid accept Brazil's currency. That's where Real recognise real.

Apart from that tortured pun, I have no clue what this thread is all about.

Fuck it... post.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: The Boston Crab on June 21, 2018, 07:38:24 PM

Can you explain what you mean please?

Replies From View

Is real recognising real a kind of jaded, grumpy acknowledgement that the world is shit?  And is the clincher that both parties are smoking weed?

checkoutgirl

I like to think you are 'authentic' up to a certain disingenuous point.

checkoutgirl

It seems most people don't understand the premise of the thread. And maybe that's the point.

madhair60

If you don't know what it means then you'll never be real and never recognise real.

Replies From View

Quote from: checkoutgirl on June 22, 2018, 08:37:29 AM
It seems most people don't understand the premise of the thread. And maybe that's the point.

You're real aren't you, checkoutgirl.  I am reading it in your sass.

Replies From View

Quote from: madhair60 on June 22, 2018, 08:38:33 AM
If you don't know what it means then you'll never be real and never recognise real.

I don't want to join the club but I want to know what is happening inside, please.

biggytitbo

Quote from: madhair60 on June 22, 2018, 08:21:24 AM
Went to CEX and bought Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, and the extremely young lady who served me said "Okay, Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare" and I said "yes, I wanted to see which kind of warfare I preferred" and she laughed and looked deep into my eyes. RRR. My heart ached for a moment but then I remembered I'm 31 and she was like 16 maybe and I just left.

Paging saltysnacks.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Replies From View on June 22, 2018, 08:39:46 AM
I don't want to join the club but I want to know what is happening inside, please.

What about you spy through the keyhole?

Buelligan

It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing and there's this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it. Right? And this bag was just dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. That's the day I realized that there was this entire life behind things, and this incredibly benevolent force that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember... I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.

Urinal Cake

What's the difference between real recognise real and game recognise game?