Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:17:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Real Recognise Real

Started by The Boston Crab, June 21, 2018, 07:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt. Duckie

Steve Lamacq didn't recognise real, until he saw it slashed into a Welshman's arm.

New Jack

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on June 22, 2018, 05:54:41 PM
Sorry just a few questions about the grammar you are using.

Is it real recognise real or real recognises real or real recognised real? Real recognise real. Is there supposed to be something after the first real? Real people? Is that it? Real people recognise real people? Ah that must be it. OK thanks.

Real
Recognise real

Real is a state, unique and complete. We.

Recognise. We recognise.

This state. Nothing to do with the Scouse band The Real People.

These.recognise. These

Hope that helps!

Absolutely not real...

Spoke to a mate's kid today who said she's fallen in love with dancing.

RRR

Sherman Krank

That time Juan Carlos the first saw a portrait of Ferdinand the seventh and went "oye, ese es Ferdinand el séptimo!"

Funcrusher

The rest of us can only dream of the day when we're as real as TBC.

djtrees

met a old butcher man in nottingham knew he was a cb radio man straight away. rrr

Fake recognises fake is just as good.
When 1 faker recognises another faker though, and says,
"I can see right through you,
I've found you out,
I get what this act of yours is all about,
all that joking, all the time
that weird accent that shifts from public school to council estate, neither of which is you,
and the sick jokes you are quite transparently uncomfortable telling
Despite all that, really, all the same, I think you're alright,
I'm only bluffing too,
I'm only bluff and pseudointellectual flimflammery and pseudo drug bravado and pseudo everything but it's fine, that's what people like us have to do",
Only they don't put it like that, they can't say it directly,
so they put in further layers and layers of bluff and jokey misdirection, but still the other person gets that's what they mean and feels less alone.

From thereon in  fakeness magically transfigures into realness

non capisco

I'm an ungainly amalgamation of ripped off personalities in a lurching desperate quest to become a satisfactory whole so you're probably not going to want me in your cool gang for cool real people but there's me being real so maybe you will I dunno it's like a snake eating its own tail innit?

No, it's good!
It's a start.

Quote from: Astronaut Omens on June 23, 2018, 12:36:24 AM
I've found you out,
that weird accent that shifts from public school to council estate, neither of which is you,
I'm only bluffing too,
I'm only bluff and pseudointellectual flimflammery and pseudo drug bravado and pseudo everything but it's fine, that's what people like us have to do",
so they put in further layers and layers of bluff and jokey misdirection, but still the other person gets that's what they mean and feels less alone.

RRR

Maybe the realest thing I've ever read on here.

Buelligan

[tag]Tim Westwood enters thread licking his pencil.[/tag]

Quote from: checkoutgirl on June 22, 2018, 08:37:29 AM
It seems most people don't understand the premise of the thread. And maybe that's the point.

It's an investigation. This guy instinctively gets it. RRR.

I met someone yesterday I genuinely loved within the first five seconds. Not romantically, at all, but on the level of RRR. An intelligence and bravery and determination to be here and enjoy whatever this is that we'll never understand. No sooner did we look each other in the eyes, we understood each other and couldn't stop smiling. The conversation wasn't sparkling or witty or even demonstrative, it was just the joy of understanding each other and accepting each other immediately. I'm so happy and excited a day later.

RRR

a duncandisorderly

I can't help reading 'RRR' in a 'tiger' voice; this changes quite dramatically the tone of some of the encounters being described. 

well. it's been real.

Buelligan

Quote from: The Boston Crab on June 23, 2018, 08:21:44 AM
I met someone yesterday I genuinely loved within the first five seconds. Not romantically, at all, but on the level of RRR. An intelligence and bravery and determination to be here and enjoy whatever this is that we'll never understand. No sooner did we look each other in the eyes, we understood each other and couldn't stop smiling. The conversation wasn't sparkling or witty or even demonstrative, it was just the joy of understanding each other and accepting each other immediately. I'm so happy and excited a day later.

RRR

You had something in your teeth.

spamwangler

We call a spade a spade we do.  Let's kiss

Ferris

Quote from: madhair60 on June 22, 2018, 08:21:24 AM
Went to CEX and bought Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, and the extremely young lady who served me said "Okay, Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare" and I said "yes, I wanted to see which kind of warfare I preferred" and she laughed and looked deep into my eyes. RRR. My heart ached for a moment but then I remembered I'm 31 and she was like 16 maybe and I just left.

At beer festival yesterday, the young lady pulling the 5oz serving took ages because it was so carbonated and excitable. "Yes, I have that effect on things"

Got a laugh. Looking back, it may have been pity.

Icehaven

Quote from: Astronaut Omens on June 23, 2018, 12:36:24 AM
I've found you out,
I'm only bluffing too,

That's what I implied a page ago but no one was listening as they were all too busy BEING REAL.

RRR is not about some objective quality to aspire to. It's not about being 'real'. It's about real recognising real. The irony is that if you recognise, this explanation is superfluous and if you don't, you'll never understand, anyway. Trains on different tracks.

Kelvin

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: The Boston Crab on June 24, 2018, 08:05:47 AM
RRR is not about some objective quality to aspire to. It's not about being 'real'. It's about real recognising real. The irony is that if you recognise, this explanation is superfluous and if you don't, you'll never understand, anyway. Trains on different tracks.

shits in the night & all that.

Replies From View

Is it like when you see a jackdaw mooching around in the park and it looks at you right in the eyes, and you both connect for that moment acknowledging each other's existence and mortality before it fucks off forever?

I ask because I reckon that does count.

You can have that but it's more rooted in sociocultural understanding than existential, though in every instance it's about transcending circumstance through the joy of recognition of the self in another. If you see the jackdaw in you, and you in the jackdaw that's RRR, no doubt.

pancreas

In my opinion: This thread is a stupefying and pointless waste of time and everyone who contributes to it is merely flattering the diseased and whimsical ego of the OP who should find something better to do with his ghastly life, like picking scabs off bed-ridden fat people.

Thank you.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Blinder Data

Quote from: pancreas on June 24, 2018, 11:22:18 AM
In my opinion: This thread is a stupefying and pointless waste of time and everyone who contributes to it is merely flattering the diseased and whimsical ego of the OP who should find something better to do with his ghastly life, like picking scabs off bed-ridden fat people.

Thank you.

you should try being more real mate

Johnny Yesno

Brotherhood of twats.

Oof.

Some serious edits today, resting in the patter morgue.

RRRRIP