Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:23:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Faces that you don't understand

Started by Replies From View, June 21, 2018, 09:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulTMA

Clownbaby

I like Tom Kenny but his top lip looks like it's uncomfortably stretched over his teeth when he smiles

Clownbaby

Quote from: Replies From View on June 21, 2018, 09:59:49 PM
1)  Lyman from Garfield:

When I was 7 I was proper obsessed with Garfield annuals for some reason and Lyman creeped me out because I thought the 'tache was a really, really scribbly mouth in the black and white strips. It was only when I saw him in colour I figured it out.

manticore

Two faces I find immediately unsympathetic are Jerry Seinfeld and Owen Jones. I try to bracket that off when I see them talking because people don't choose their faces after all, but don't always succeed unfortunately. They are both a bit smarmy with it though.

Clownbaby

Quote from: manticore on August 01, 2018, 03:20:32 PM
Two faces I find immediately unsympathetic are Jerry Seinfeld and Owen Jones. I try to bracket that off when I see them talking because people don't choose their faces after all, but don't always succeed unfortunately. They are both a bit smarmy with it though.

Oh god aye Jerry's face, don't like.

Elliot Broidy the RNC chairman who paid a playboy bunny to keep quiet about getting knocked up

I know the cliche about money being an aphrodisiac often rings true but fucking hell just look at that fat fucking face.

George White

Marty feckin' Morrissey

https://img.rasset.ie/000f14cc-800.jpg[/img]

Also, Daniel O'Donnell's heir apparent
Michael English
Like a bad waxwork of Beau Bridges in yellowface.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Clownbaby on July 04, 2018, 10:57:05 AM

This boi always bothers me a bit. He looks like he doesn't actually have any hair and someone cut him some felt shapes to put on

For similar reasons, Karomo Brown, the "Culture Expert" from out of the Fab Five on Queer Eye:

Nowt wrong with his face, he's a good-looking man, but whenever I'm watching the show I can't stop staring at his hairline and beardline and wondering if his grooming routine involves the use of a stencil.

Clownbaby

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on August 01, 2018, 04:28:12 PM
Elliot Broidy the RNC chairman who paid a playboy bunny to keep quiet about getting knocked up

I know the cliche about money being an aphrodisiac often rings true but fucking hell just look at that fat fucking face.

That is such a stupid punchable mouth.  Oh my god. Get it away.

Isnt Anything

metaltax

Quote from: George White on August 01, 2018, 06:02:03 PM
Marty feckin' Morrissey

I used to think his face was a still from a Mike Myers film with bad latex prosthetics.

Shit Good Nose

Eddie Redmayne and Cillian Murphy.  The oddest looking heartthrobs I've ever seen.  They're not ugly, but they're not traditionally good looking either.  They both just look...weird.

Shaky

Quote from: George White on August 01, 2018, 06:02:03 PM
Like a bad waxwork of Beau Bridges in yellowface.

This is the best sentence I've read in quite some time.

Mr_Simnock

Black Ship

Black Ship

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on June 22, 2018, 09:06:36 PM

Used to go to Sixth Form College with her. She was in my English Literature class. Doubt she'd remember me.

Mr_Simnock

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on August 02, 2018, 01:23:40 AM
All well paid models

Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that, but holy fucking shit.

SpiderChrist

biggytitbo

George White

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on August 01, 2018, 11:03:10 PM
Eddie Redmayne and Cillian Murphy.  The oddest looking heartthrobs I've ever seen.  They're not ugly, but they're not traditionally good looking either.  They both just look...weird.
I remember someone claiming Redmayne as the new Michael York. I can see what they mean, but no, Redmayne is a posh Tommy Steele.

And reminder that Marty Morrissey is supposed to be a heartthrob, apparently the women love him. He's RTE's no 1 male sex symbol - and he looks like a Madame Tussauds waxwork of Jackie Mason about to have a telepathic freakout.

popcorn

Quote from: Replies From View on June 22, 2018, 09:56:16 PM
It's hard to explain.  The fact that they are cartoon characters isn't really the point; I just find them ugly and stressful images to look at, so I just don't.

What you've identified here is that they are shit, ugly drawings.

Clownbaby

Quote from: Black Ship on August 02, 2018, 12:59:04 AM

His eyes just look....wrong.

I always think the 'batch looks like a handsome man that got drawn wrong

Clownbaby

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on August 01, 2018, 11:03:10 PM

I do not understand the appeal of Eddie Redmayne at all. I don't like his lips.

I find Cillian Murphy hard to figure out as well. He looks more right to me in ladies clothes and makeup for some reason.

Quote from: SpiderChrist on August 02, 2018, 06:25:16 AM

I had no idea about BA Robertson until Chart Music informed me of all I needed to know with an amazing stream of vitriol from Taylor Parkes.

Clownbaby

Face transplants terrify me. You wouldn't normally ever get to experience having another person's face.