Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:07:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Conners

Started by Desirable Industrial Unit, June 22, 2018, 03:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desirable Industrial Unit

Confirmed, then, although the title could change.

Roseanne as an actor was always like Jerry Seinfeld for me - the least likeable thing about their series, but essential to it.  This will probably not work, but if it does, she'll be back after a couple of series after everything's cooled down anyway.

Phew!  That's all over, then.

Shaky

Yeah, her mere absence will leave a huge void. Difficult to imagine the other, often more interesting characters rattling about without her at the centre. Other shows have survived this sort of thing but are there any others knocking on 30 years old?

Perhaps Dan will get some sexy new hot wife though.

Rev+

The first episode was about as decent as you'd want, really.  A lot of housekeeping to take care of, light on jokes that actually land, but amiable in the way the series was when it was at its best.  Considering how quickly this was reconfigured it's something of an achievement that it's at least alright.  I'm guessing one series and done, though.

MortSahlFan

The original Roseanne from the 80s/90s was real good -- the latest stuff in the last year has trivialized America without any humor or good writing.

olliebean

I know John Goodman was already slimmer when Roseanne returned, but now he's crossed the "Timothy Spall" line where it starts to look weird on him. He moves like he's still the size he used to be, he's obviously used to compensating for his weight and size and hasn't adjusted for the lack of it yet.

The first episode of the new Roseanne was dreadful, and put me off watching the rest. This was a fair bit better than that, at least.

Small Man Big Horse

I watched the Halloween episode last night as Mrs SMBH is a fan of the original series and said the Halloween episodes were always a highlight, I had seen them back when I was a kid but had no memory of them. This was weak stuff though, Goodman has the odd okay moment and there's one or two funny moments but as a whole I found myself wincing a good few times and don't plan to watch any more of it.

Gulftastic

I'd love to watch it but for some reason my kodi can't find a stream.