Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:42:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm in love with The Rebel Girl

Started by New Jack, June 22, 2018, 06:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New Jack

REPRESSION ROUNDUP

REBEL GIRL: In this week's repression round-up...

Last week we reported on the black blocs all around Indonesia for May Day. Unfortunately, the vibrant anarchist presence in Yogyakarta ended in severe repression, and we share an international call for solidarity from comrades there.

"44 of our comrades were arrested—accused of property destruction, provocation, and fighting with the police... One of the Legal Aid was arrested and beaten. Until now... 12 comrades are still imprisoned and the police [are] continuing the witch hunt.

"Believe us when we say that we already knew, even since before we carried out our demonstration, that there would be an antipathy from the public towards our demonstration. It is very understandable. Feudalism creates this belief that kings and the royals are like half-divine beings; their authority is sacred and self-justified....

"Our demonstration was meant to disturb the circulation of capital in Yogyakarta. We intentionally want to create a non-conducive situation for capital investment, be it national or foreign, that will intensify the development and gentrification that disenfranchise the middle and lower class people in Yogyakarta. We had guessed that the public would be infuriated by our vandalism and provocative calls. The destruction of one police post and the call to 'murder the Sultan!' have massively angered the people of Yogyakarta. The anger is absent when the police repeatedly, with violence, [are] at the front line of conflicts between people's interests and the rulers', on the side of the rulers' of course.

"We are what you call... anarchists. We dream of a world where people cooperate with each other, work together, rule over themselves, in a horizontal way, without rulers, the royals, political contract, social contract, or the capitalists. We want a life in its truest form, where human's natural desires are in tune with nature; a life without class, racial, ethnic, religious, and other false [divisions]. We are what you call utopists. We want a free society without oppressors. We want a society where people can have any beliefs, sexual orientations, or anything without fearing being persecuted. Total freedom!"

canadagoose

Sebastian Cobb

[tag]Mary Weiss leaves thread disappointed[/tag]

New Jack

Quote from: canadagoose on June 23, 2018, 12:23:34 AM
Is she the queen of your world?

Yes, although my world is quite limited, eg. I form crushes on podcast hosts simply because of their voice and being a bit right-on

Still, if you can't daydream about unseen anarchist females, what can you daydream about? That's what life is about! More or less..

Dr Rock

I will check out this Rebel Girl once I've watched some more Contrapoint videos.

New Jack

She's part of the CrimethInc.com family, no results in Google image search, but she SOUNDS fit, and when has that ever backfired, eh readers?

The Ex Worker podcast is their flagship but nowhere near as charming as The Rebel Girl's high pitched, clipped, politically educational - if slightly overcharged - spiel.

I even almost went to an anarchist festival last month out of my dizzy, sheer love, but fortunately sense prevailed and I forgot completely (plus I was skint, so couldn't get there at any rate, so practiced my anarchism at home, a semi detached in Cheshire)

Tempted to print out some anarchist stickers and that, show my local Marks and Spencer foodhall just what damage a fucking determined anarchist can do, when I'm not busy applying for jobs in the civil service, tweeting my MP shared jokes and quaffing vin dans le jardin

zomgmouse