Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:52:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

JAMC are really fucking good aren't they?

Started by Sebastian Cobb, June 22, 2018, 11:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

I can't even understand it. Dunno why. Dunno why.

I love them. Even stuff like Automatic (head on is the most egregious use of a paintbox i've ever seen). they're the bestest.

chveik

I agree. I especially love Stoned & Dethroned, it helped me a lot during an awful vacation in Germany.

Epic Bisto

For me, nothing tops Psychocandy. I've tried a good chunk of their back catalogue, but even when listening to 21 Singles, there's a point after Some Candy Talking where it doesn't hit me at all. This may seem heretical, but I'm fine with my Psychocandy, especially if it's the deluxe edition with all of those lovely B-sides, demos and Peel Sessions*. That album really hits the spot with its mix of feedback and melody, and it never ever gets boring for me. The singles from that album were perfect choices and still pack a punch, and their OGWT performance is a corker, not to mention being absolutely hilarious and featuring rare footage of Bobby Gillespie not being a massive plum.

*the first session features lots of radio interference on their little transistor amps, but all it does is add an extra touch to the chaos and attitude seeping out of the speakers.

Sebastian Cobb

See I like things like Automatic and Darklands. It's all good to me.

hermitical

Quote from: Epic Bisto on June 23, 2018, 07:29:20 PM
For me, nothing tops Psychocandy. I've tried a good chunk of their back catalogue, but even when listening to 21 Singles, there's a point after Some Candy Talking where it doesn't hit me at all. This may seem heretical, but I'm fine with my Psychocandy, especially if it's the deluxe edition with all of those lovely B-sides, demos and Peel Sessions*. That album really hits the spot with its mix of feedback and melody, and it never ever gets boring for me. The singles from that album were perfect choices and still pack a punch, and their OGWT performance is a corker, not to mention being absolutely hilarious and featuring rare footage of Bobby Gillespie not being a massive plum.

*the first session features lots of radio interference on their little transistor amps, but all it does is add an extra touch to the chaos and attitude seeping out of the speakers.

pretty much this though I like Darklands as well. I gave up on the band and didn't like the direction they went but still go back to these two...

jobotic

They were wonderful until it all went Pepsi Jesus USA. I stopped at Sidewalking, although that was very good.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: jobotic on June 25, 2018, 07:05:59 AM
They were wonderful until it all went Pepsi Jesus USA. I stopped at Sidewalking, although that was very good.

I got Automatic but didn't like it and it was the last record I ever bought of theirs (new). Were they trying to get big in America with it?