Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:18:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Worrying About Zoe Wannamaker

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, June 23, 2018, 08:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

My favourite Led Zep song is D'yer Wannamak'er.

New page Twattamaker.

pigamus

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 23, 2018, 08:17:42 PM
Janet Street Porter walks into a bar and says 'can I have a big aperitif?'.

'I doubt it' says the barman.

Woman with a big pair of teeth walks into the bar and asks for a thing she already has? And the barman says no? Don't get it.

Icehaven

Quote from: pigamus on June 24, 2018, 02:09:31 AM
Woman with a big pair of teeth walks into the bar and asks for a thing she already has? And the barman says no? Don't get it.

A bigger pair o'teeth.

I've never worried about her.  I did worry her, once.  In my defence, I was hungry. 

I'm more worried about how Natasha Kaplinsky recently nearly became Natasha Kaputsky,

littlenell

I don't worry about anyone who is posh and rich, and a stranger.

biggytitbo

Quote from: icehaven on June 24, 2018, 02:32:18 AM
A bigger pair o'teeth.

Why would the barman think she'd come into a pub to ask for some teeth? If he didn't understand what she said more likely he'd ask her to repeat it more clearly.

manticore

Quote from: littlenell on June 24, 2018, 09:10:11 AM
I don't worry about anyone who is posh and rich, and a stranger.

I support this view on an ideological level, I just find it hard to put into pracice. viz: Sheila Hancock. (although she wasn't born posh and rich, she was brought up in a pub and her present accent is pure RADA.). Sheila Hancock though, lovely, I'll kill anyone who says otherwise. Certain unnamed forum members have already felt my wrath on this subject.

Captain Z

The truth be told, the truth be told
I'm treading on my tippy toes, my tippy toes
I'm starting to worry about Zoe Wannamaker

When I was at school, this kid had this music/sound program on his Amiga, and we were messing around with playing various bits of music backwards through it trying to find hidden satanic messages. I can still remember the "All day, all day" bit in the Pet Shop Boys "Domino Dancing" going "Ah, ah, the fires hot", and seem to remember finding the words "When we've run out of planets, what's the use?" on a Beatles song, can't remember which one.
Anyway, we were messing around with putting stuff from the TV through it, and Love Hurts was on.
The bit in the title song where all the music drops out and Adam Faith sings "Love hurts you just the same", when played backwards it was saying,  clearly and directly, "THE END IS CERTAIN, IT'S VERY VERY CERTAIN. MEMORIES."

lebowskibukowski

I often fret about the guilt/not guilty bad girls. Is Louise Woodward getting on with life? How is Maxine Carr? How are they coping after their 15 minutes of infamy? If we are talking about the acting world, doesn't everyone worry about Jennifer Aniston because men keep leaving her and SHE HASN'T HAD A BABY SO MUST BE DEEPLY UNHAPPY

nero

Quote from: Astronaut Omens on June 25, 2018, 12:24:31 AM
When I was at school, this kid had this music/sound program on his Amiga, and we were messing around with playing various bits of music backwards through it trying to find hidden satanic messages. I can still remember the "All day, all day" bit in the Pet Shop Boys "Domino Dancing" going "Ah, ah, the fires hot", and seem to remember finding the words "When we've run out of planets, what's the use?" on a Beatles song, can't remember which one.
Anyway, we were messing around with putting stuff from the TV through it, and Love Hurts was on.
The bit in the title song where all the music drops out and Adam Faith sings "Love hurts you just the same", when played backwards it was saying,  clearly and directly, "THE END IS CERTAIN, IT'S VERY VERY CERTAIN. MEMORIES."

We did that back masking thing in music class at school. We all put our names through. Nothing came out but rubbish, except for one girl. Her name when run through backwards: 'She will never work. She will never work.'

And she never has.

We didn't put Zoe Wanamaker's name through though, so onwards with the thread!