Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:54:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

David Hasselhoff advertising Farm Foods

Started by Nice Relaxing Poo, June 23, 2018, 02:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Just seen this, desolation in tv ad form.

Other examples please.....ooh just thought of another: Kerry Katona and Jason Donovan advertising Iceland to the tune of Baby it's cold outside

Sebastian Cobb

I'll need to keep an eye out for this.

Always thought Harvey Kietel doing car insurance was pretty peak.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 23, 2018, 02:46:04 PM

Hasselhoff has always been a bit naff, really, so him doing Farmfoods follows some kind of reason.

Keitel has had yer actual serious film career, so him flogging insurance seems absurd, unless he lost all his money in some kind of Ponzi scheme.

The Lurker

I liked the ad where Joan Collins was promoting Snickers. I believe Stephanie Beacham was also in it?

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 23, 2018, 02:46:04 PM

Here ya go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uODSNjYq_Q

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on June 23, 2018, 02:49:46 PM
Hasselhoff has always been a bit naff, really, so him doing Farmfoods follows some kind of reason.

Keitel has had yer actual serious film career, so him flogging insurance seems absurd, unless he lost all his money in some kind of Ponzi scheme.

I suppose you're right, it came from nowhere as well. It's not like he did a DeNiro and went shit.

The Lurker

Only until I just looked it up did I find out what Mo Farah was actually promoting in that advert where he runs through a wall. At least the Snickers ad where Joan Collins playing a diva makes sense, this just comes across as Yopa getting in Farah for the sake of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NsLABha61Y

Captain Crunch

biggytitbo

I'd say farm foods and David Hasselhof are the absolute equivalents in the retail and celebrity world so this is a perfect match imo.

Replies From View

Z

Those John Lydon butter ads were probably a bit grim to some people?

Struggling right now to think of one that pissed me off, probably more likely to be the usage of a song than anything else.

Replies From View

Rod Hull in this Clover advert from 1998:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKMM_N5nUtY

From what I can make out the words are "Roll it over in the Clover and do it again".  It doesn't say what the exact function of the repeating is or how often you're meant to do it.  The idea has always made me feel sick, and there's Rod Hull and Emu bouncing along having the time of their lives.

canadagoose

Quote from: Z on June 23, 2018, 08:58:01 PM
Those John Lydon butter ads were probably a bit grim to some people?

Struggling right now to think of one that pissed me off, probably more likely to be the usage of a song than anything else.
British Gas ruining "The Universal" by Blur a few years ago should be one. Used to like that song a lot, but now all I can think of is inaccurate gas bills.

Goldentony

Lydon used the Countrylife money to get PIL going again didn't he? On one hand, Countrylife is delicious and Lydon is so far removed from whatever punk is or was that who's arsed, but on the other hand Tesco never have it in and he also dresses in massive gowns that are like giant tshirts so it's fucking apples and oranges.

Al Pacino doing Sky adverts was weird but again, Al Pacino has been doing dogshit films and stuff for ages and he's an odd shape now so it's less depressing than if he'd walked off the set of Heat and belted someone for a Tango advert going OHHH TONY YA LEMME DOWN TONY FOR DA LASSSS TIME TONY

Thinking about it aswell, the PIL comeback caused Jah Wobble and Keith Levene to do a set with a Johnny Rotten impersonator which is really funny and upsetting, and whether the album PIL made was shite or not we got that out of it

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Jason McAteer doing Head and Shoulders
John Stalker doing sun awnings
Viktor Orban doing Mini Cheddars

Goldentony

with Bull Boys shoes there's a free gift - a pair of shinnies signed by me the bloke who phoned in a ghost hoax at Windsor fuckin Castle

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Stoneage Dinosaurs

i have never tried butter in knib i will give it s go atsome point

owlboy

The entire Liverpool squad: Hilariously never winning anything with unrealistic sculptured hair and smooth man boobs pectorals...

Paul Calf

- Alexei Sayle
- Insurance

End of an era for me. :sadface:

Glebe

Quote from: Z on June 23, 2018, 08:58:01 PMThose John Lydon butter ads were probably a bit grim to some people?

That was the end of punk for me.

Replies From View

I don't know what Rod Hull did with the money from the Clover adverts, but I suspect it was directly responsible for him clambering up onto his roof that time.

Thomas

and I'll give it you straight
like a Farm that's made
from
a hundred
per cent
Food
(s)

canadagoose

Quote from: Thomas on June 24, 2018, 01:50:36 PM
and I'll give it you straight
like a Farm that's made
from
a hundred
per cent
Food
(s)
I laughed.

Do you reckon Stewart Lee will ever sell his soul to the advertising industry? Maybe a sly advert for Crusha or Branston Pickle?

Johnny Yesno