Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:06:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's going on with ASOS and me?

Started by chocolate teapot, June 24, 2018, 11:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chocolate teapot

This is what happens when I try to load the asos website https://imgur.com/8OTqjPi

I've tried the site on different browsers and they all show the same thing. I've deleted cookies. I messaged asos and there's not much they can do. Any idea? I've tried firefox, opera, the microsoft one and they're all up to date.

the

That's how a webpage looks with no CSS styling (which is essentially the formatting and layout rules for the page's content).

For example, here's how this thread displays without it (I have a button in my browser that lets me toggle CSS styling on and off):

I have visited webpages where the CSS has failed to kick in when the page loads, but I have no idea what causes it for certain sites.

I just went to the ASOS site and it looks fine.

It's puzzling that it looks the same for you in different browsers.

Short of trying a hard refresh (usually Ctrl+F5) or clearing out your cache, I'm not sure what the cause may be. Anyone else?

Uncle TechTip

It could be that the CSS is hosted on a different hostname to the main content, and that hostname is not resolving for you (problem likely at your ISP). Usually the kind of thing you just have to wait to be fixed. In the meantime you could set your computer's DNS to 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS)

chocolate teapot

Thanks, I've cleared cache and ctrl f5ed but it's still the same. It's weird. I'll try the desktop later to see if it's the same, I'm on a laptop. Windows installed an update about a week ago, I don't know if that's anything to do with it.

UTT - thanks I will try that.

chocolate teapot

Tried but didn't work either. Ah well!