Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:51:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Which adjective do you wish you could ascribe to yourself...

Started by Bhazor, June 24, 2018, 05:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bhazor

...and what are you doing to earn it?

For me it's undoubtedly "prolific". All these creative ideas I get that I do fuck all with. Giving up on it as soon as I hit any kind of learning curve or difficulty or writing block. I wish I could do a Stephen King and just sit down and say I will write 12 pages today and then just fucking write it. But ideally without the coke and booze mania.

So to combat my self doubt and earn my "prolific" moniker it I am forcing myself to sit down at least two or three times a week and spend 2 hours drawing. It was originally supposed to be writing for 2 hours (or 600 words) but I kept on using writers block as an excuse. So instead I just sit and draw heads for two or three hours. Because you can't get a writer's block if you're just copying someone's face.

I've actually taken to streaming it on youtube just to sort of prove I can keep some kind of schedule and actually follow through with a promise. Plus there's a chance a bored billionaire fit bird will see me streaming and give me a load of money and a picture of her fanny if I draw a picture for her.

I am shit at drawing, still. But I am less shit now than three months a go. So that's some small progress.

4th April

18th June

Brundle-Fly

You're getting there. Keep it up.

As far as writer's block, don't beat yourself up. Think about what you want to write about and start percolating ideas, taking notes down when anything comes to mind. In a week or a month or six months, then sit down in front of your laptop and that blank screen won't be blank for long. Can't make a cake without the ingredients.

'Trite' is how I describe myself today.

Sebastian Cobb

I've been meaning to learn the harmonica for about 15 years.

The closest I've come to realising this dream was buying a harmonica on a whim in lidl for a fiver because I clocked it had lessons included. It has been sat on my worktop ever since.

New Jack

Employed.

:(

On my own terms, I like what I've done, who I am, how I am.

Fuck though, if it feels like society hinges on your job title more than your soul

Glebe

spamwangler

Is it really prolific if your not doing anything about it?

Maybe ambitious is a better one.

Got a one word review as a guest on airbnb once -  'kind'

If I had to choose I think I'd go for Lucky

spamwangler

Actually reading my own comment back I'm going to change it to 'cunt'

Cerys

Avril Lavigne

You need to be drawing 4 lines across the face, not just the one indicating the brow.  From top to bottom the lines should indicate hairline, brow, underside of the nose, and the chin. Each of these should be equal in length until you're comfortable enough to start doing caricatures or unusual looking folk. Also eyes should be exactly as far apart from each other as the width that you draw one eye.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on June 24, 2018, 09:59:17 PM
You need to be drawing 4 lines across the face, not just the one indicating the brow.  From top to bottom the lines should indicate hairline, brow, underside of the nose, and the chin. Each of these should be equal in length until you're comfortable enough to start doing caricatures or unusual looking folk. Also eyes should be exactly as far apart from each other as the width that you draw one eye.

Alright, Leonardo, this is CaB.

Kryton

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on June 24, 2018, 11:23:59 PM
Alright, Leonardo, this is CaB.

When someone puts in that much effort & is brave enough to present their work for critique I'd rather put in some effort to offer helpful and constructive criticism than just toss out a post saying 'yeah great stuff carry on' or whatever and add to the culture of aspiring artists stagnating before they get anywhere near their true potential due to people online just blindly praising everything they do, which of course works really well over at Deviantart.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: Kryton on June 24, 2018, 11:39:05 PM
Woah, steady on there Michelangelo.

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on June 24, 2018, 11:44:45 PM
When someone puts in that much effort & is brave enough to present their work for critique I'd rather put in some effort to offer helpful and constructive criticism than just toss out a post saying 'yeah great stuff carry on' or whatever and add to the culture of aspiring artists stagnating before they get anywhere near their true potential due to people online just blindly praising everything they do, which of course works really well over at Deviantart.

Your attention to detail is bold.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Cloud

Dex Sawash

chveik

manticore

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on June 25, 2018, 12:33:39 AM
I get your joke. Great stuff, carry on!

I like it when minor altercations are resolved peacefully. Today I am conciliatory.

Edit: That's not an adjective, dammit. Today I am illiterate.

Small Man Big Horse

Bhazor

Thanks for the constructive input Avril. But maybe I just want to be patted on the head. Ever thought of that?

Everyone else you seem to be missing the crucial part of "and what are you doing to earn it?".

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Bhazor on June 25, 2018, 01:35:01 AM
Thanks for the constructive input Avril. But maybe I just want to be patted on the head. Ever thought of that?

Everyone else you seem to be missing the crucial part of "and what are you doing to earn it?".

I have tried violently rubbing my penis but at best I ejaculate once a fortnight, and then don't have any pleasurable feelings relating to the event. I suppose I could stop taking the meds but then I'd become suicidal again and only four people want that. Hopefully.

Bhazor

See, thats better. The thought of Hank Hill furiously abusing himself in vain is a nice thought to have.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 25, 2018, 01:56:03 AM
I have tried violently rubbing my penis but at best I ejaculate once a fortnight

*swipes right*

tookish

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 25, 2018, 01:56:03 AM
I have tried violently rubbing my penis but at best I ejaculate once a fortnight, and then don't have any pleasurable feelings relating to the event. I suppose I could stop taking the meds but then I'd become suicidal again and only four people want that. Hopefully.

Oh, I am so with you on this. I was really enjoying that whole consensual, loving, emotionally healthy sex thing, and my meds mean that I am basically made of sandpaper down there.

I wish it wasn't a choice between 'suicidally depressed' and 'so sexually muted you're essentially plant-life' but it so often is, and doctors, in my experience, are thoroughly unsympathetic, as though the mentally ill should be grateful for all the gnarly side-effects our medicine throws at us. 

Dr Rock

Spoon of Ploff

Inspired, driven, committed, ambitious, determined, energetic, enthusiastic, concise.

Quote from: Bhazor on June 25, 2018, 01:35:01 AM

Dunno.