Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:20:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Which adjective do you wish you could ascribe to yourself...

Started by Bhazor, June 24, 2018, 05:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenoise

Successful. So far I've mainly been blaming my parents.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: tookish on June 25, 2018, 03:18:32 AM
Oh, I am so with you on this. I was really enjoying that whole consensual, loving, emotionally healthy sex thing, and my meds mean that I am basically made of sandpaper down there.

I wish it wasn't a choice between 'suicidally depressed' and 'so sexually muted you're essentially plant-life' but it so often is, and doctors, in my experience, are thoroughly unsympathetic, as though the mentally ill should be grateful for all the gnarly side-effects our medicine throws at us.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear you're suffering from this too. The worst thing for me is that I'm still all rather frustrated a lot of the time, but on the rare occasion I get a release I feel nothing at all, which makes it all the worse.

DArtagnan

Hedonistic, and I've done much to deserve it, but not
so much these days, but it's the thought that counts.

tookish

'Strong'. I haven't earnt it yet and I don't know if I will, but I'm working every day to accept where I am and what has happened. I'm also doing brain training and exercise to regain lost cognitive function and muscle mass. I really am working hard at it.

littlenell

That i wish i could ascribe...rich, lucky, accomplished

That i hope is ascribed...sound, interesting, pleasant

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Bhazor on June 25, 2018, 01:35:01 AM
Thanks for the constructive input Avril. But maybe I just want to be patted on the head. Ever thought of that?

Well it's great that you're sticking with a regular practice schedule, dedicating that much time to it AND working on improving construction via narrowly focused iterations, instead of just doing full finished works that you end up dissatisfied with & learn nothing from as lots of people tend to do. You're going about things the right way & I salute you for that and being so consistently productive, especially when it's so easy to get disheartened. If you haven't already, try picking up some of Andrew Loomis' books on figure drawing and practice his methods until you have them roughly memorised and see how much that improves your construction. You might decide his methods / teaching style may not be for you but he's been very influential in figure drawing since the '50s and gets referenced probably more than anyone else when teachers try to break the subject down into its most straightforward concepts.

Drunk.

Edit: Also from what you posted you've obviously improved greatly since you started & you can only keep getting better if you carry on with it.

phantom_power

Pro-active

I know it is a cunt word used by cunts but it really is something I wish I was better at being. I so often let myself fall into the status quo and get into ruts, in both my personal and professional life. I allow things that are a bit broken to get progressively worse and only fix them when they end up coming to some sort of head, and that is both literally and metaphorically.

I try and be better and in fits and starts I am but it is easy to fall back into bad habits. I took voluntary redundancy at my job which was a leap into the unknown but thankfully got a new job where I know next-to-nothing about the technology involved, which has kick-started my career again and I just hope I can keep that up.

Hi, Barry Coldplay here, from the band toploader.

What I'd like to be, more than anything in the whole world, is all yellow.

RoadMaintenanceTycoon

Icehaven

Consistent.
This'll sound like I'm making excuses for myself (and I am) but I genuinely think consistency, the ability to take a view/feeling/course of action/whatever and stick to it is an innate ability, like being musical or good at languages, and although you can try and improve it and work at it and so on if you aren't born that way it'll always be a struggle. I'm trying but it doesn't come naturally to me at all.

Noonling

Hard-working. Or self disciplined.

I do try to get into certain habits, especially with writing but... It's so, so difficult. When I try to do something daily I never succeed for more than a week, and rarely even that.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I can't decide if 'hapless', 'happy' or 'unhappy' would fit. So I'll just put 'hap'.

pancreas

Icehaven