Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,469
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:59:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

This anti-Trump's visit protest

Started by garbed_attic, June 25, 2018, 07:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

It's a particularly poor example too. The 'humour' of the construct is derived from the absurdity of the collocation of a very naughty swear word and an innocuous noun: puffin, trumpet, blanket etc...

Calling him a maggot and/or a wanker would have been far more effective and wouldn't have made him look like a silly cuntpuppy.

Neville Chamberlain

Fucked off with people on my FB timeline suddenly jumping to the defence of the queen and getting all precious about her and royal protocols.

Paul Calf

Given that the Trump supporter/monarchist crossover is probably quite significant, I expect to see some blown gaskets over the next few days.

rue the polywhirl

The ultimate anti-Trump protest would be to not vote for him at the next General Election.

Another problem with those "placards" is that they really are as immature and as infantile as the trump baby the protestors purport Trump to be. Be the change you want to be. Don't resort to childishness.

Pdine

rue the polywhirl

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Well I was in Lizard waving a sign saying DIE MAGGOT DIE in the town centre. None of Lizard seemed to really get it though, so I pooed myself.

BlodwynPig

Trump told May to sue EU.

Grown up politics

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on July 15, 2018, 09:14:52 AM
The ultimate anti-Trump protest would be to not vote for him at the next General Election.

Most of us didn't vote for him last time.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 15, 2018, 08:34:22 AM
It's a particularly poor example too. The 'humour' of the construct is derived from the absurdity of the collocation of a very naughty swear word and an innocuous noun: puffin, trumpet, blanket etc...

Calling him a maggot and/or a wanker would have been far more effective and wouldn't have made him look like a silly cuntpuppy.

'wrister' is still allowed though, yeah?

Zetetic

manticore

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on July 15, 2018, 09:01:27 AM
Fucked off with people on my FB timeline suddenly jumping to the defence of the queen and getting all precious about her and royal protocols.

There seem to be a whole lot of 'I'm not a monarchist BUT' comments, people retreating into all sorts of conservatism just for another completely unnecessary reason to hate Trump, as if there aren't enough anyway.

He didn't bow! He arrived on time and not 15 minutes early! Look at his unruly tie! He lumbered around like the half-wit he always is when he walked with her! No proper deference to our queen!

Those people please reflect on why you oppose him and what he represents, and please don't end up opposing him from the right.

Thank God the interviews from the protest march seemed to show a lot of them were pretty sussed.

Sherman Krank

Quote from: Donald Trumpet
"You shoulda seen the rack on the intern I just groped." "I think she said her name was Sue." "But anyway, what's the EU?"

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: manticore on July 15, 2018, 02:58:17 PM
There seem to be a whole lot of 'I'm not a monarchist BUT' comments, people retreating into all sorts of conservatism just for another completely unnecessary reason to hate Trump, as if there aren't enough anyway.

He didn't bow! He arrived on time and not 15 minutes early! Look at his unruly tie! He lumbered around like the half-wit he always is when he walked with her! No proper deference to our queen!

Those people please reflect on why you oppose him and what he represents, and please don't end up opposing him from the right.

Thank God the interviews from the protest march seemed to show a lot of them were pretty sussed.

I said he looked like a gauche dickhead giving it that pointed finger pose to the crowd next to the queen. I wasn't personally offended on behalf of Queenie though.

manticore

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 15, 2018, 03:12:21 PM
I said he looked like a gauche dickhead giving it that pointed finger pose to the crowd next to the queen. I wasn't personally offended on behalf of Queenie though.

A gauche dickhead is a very good description of him imo. (Among other things.)

Johnny Yesno

Hey, royalists. I know this was designed for Corbyn, but it can be applied more widely.

New Jack

Some of them are protesting in my favour, you know that? There are many, many protests in my favour.

José

Quote from: manticore on July 15, 2018, 02:58:17 PM
please don't end up opposing him from the right.

why?

attacking american conservatives from the right usually makes them drop the centrist facade and get straight into "more fascist than thou" mode or it completely baffles them because they haven't spent their lives mentally preparing idiotic, nonsensical deflections against it.

it might seem a bit mean and chicanerous to some but trust me they really are utterly worthless shits and watching them squirm is a real treat.

...or you can just continue making genuine arguments against disingenuous cunts with no intention of arguing in good faith and see where that gets you.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 15, 2018, 10:03:28 AM
Trump told May to sue EU.

Grown up politics

I know the idea is fucking stupid, but...
Which court or tribunal would have been competent?

jobotic

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on July 16, 2018, 01:46:27 PM
I know the idea is fucking stupid, but...
Which court or tribunal would have been competent?

Sharia court.

Mark Steels Stockbroker

What I saw

(Spam)

Blue Jam

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 15, 2018, 05:15:35 PM
Charles and William refused to meet Trump. Fair play.

Wills probably just couldn't be arsed.

Sebastian Cobb

This site is reporting that Liz wore a brooch The Obamas gifted her when visiting Trump,so it seems even she was in on the trolling.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/397540-queen-elizabeth-wore-brooch-from-obamas-on-the-day-trump

Twed

Johnny Yesno