Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:54:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

World Cup 2018 #3 - Ronald's Revenge

Started by DrGreggles, June 25, 2018, 09:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Worst French team since '10 - Griezmann looks like he's never played the game before

Giroud starting increases our chances of a 0-0 significantly. This ref has clearly decided there will be no penalties or VAR nonsense on his watch. Which I don't mind after yesterday's shenanigans.

jobotic

Yes, Denmark are through unless they lose and Australia win, and beat Denmark's goal difference.

wosl

France ought to go against the current styling dogma and revive the shorter short; properly evoke the golden era of Platini and Giresse and Rocheteau.

dallasman

Quote from: jobotic on June 26, 2018, 03:32:20 PM
Yes, Denmark are through unless they lose and Australia win, and beat Denmark's goal difference.

Got it, thanks!

dallasman

I'm learning a lot today, and I think I'm right in saying this has been "gash" so far, correct?

It's been nearly thirty years since the heyday of the short shorts. I'm surprised that one rogue kit manufacturer hasn't tried to revive them, it's long overdue.

Also the majority of these kits are very dull in terms of materials used. Bring back the ultra shiny, super short shorts of the late-80's - as seen when Peter Beardsley's cock fell out that one time.

chveik

Grizouille is really out of his depth

BlodwynPig

Fucking shite. I hate supporting this bunch of wankers

im barry bethel

They're all colour by numbers kits, Nike being the worst

massive bereavement

Just back from the school run, seems I've missed nowt.

Fuck these French twats, I've turned over to Aussie v Peru.

wosl

chveik

Captain Z

This group has been awful. They should have to forfeit a place in the next round as punishment.

massive bereavement

Quote from: Quote on June 26, 2018, 03:37:45 PM
It's been nearly thirty years since the heyday of the short shorts. I'm surprised that one rogue kit manufacturer hasn't tried to revive them, it's long overdue.

It was Spurs who revived the long shorts wasn't it? 1991ish? I thought they looked utterly ridiculous at the time.

wosl

The half-time magic sponges and camembert segments can't come quickly enough for les Blancs.

BlodwynPig

I just don't understand their fucking attitude. I can only surmise that their IQs are less than 70, especially ET phone home Griezmann and Rylan Giroud

wosl

Quote from: Quote on June 26, 2018, 03:37:45 PMBring back the ultra shiny, super short shorts of the late-80's - as seen when Peter Beardsley's cock fell out that one time.

I had a pair of Adidas ones bought me in the eighties.  Mid-blue with white piping.  The heavy satiny material they were made from looked and felt decadently luxurious.

im barry bethel

You could have told me it was the Jon&Ally show covering AUSPER, wasted bloody 45 minutes on Clive and Hod

im barry bethel

Quote from: wosl on June 26, 2018, 03:55:43 PM
I had a pair of Adidas ones bought me in the eighties.  Mid-blue with white piping.  The heavy satiny material they were made from looked and felt decadently luxurious.

But did they wick moisture away and keep you 41% cooler?

Quote from: massive bereavement on June 26, 2018, 03:49:52 PM
It was Spurs who revived the long shorts wasn't it? 1991ish? I thought they looked utterly ridiculous at the time.

Sounds about right. Spurs' super baggy 1950's-style shorts with the draw string were the first set I remember. Once the Premier League came in everyone was wearing 'em and the days of the shirt hanging out, covering every inch of the micro-short, was over. Made sense at the time, it was a new beginning, the 1990's - short shorts, terraces and lobbing bits of the stadium at opposition fans went out of fashion almost overnight.

Little did we know that thirty years later we'd still be living through the never changing, never ending long-shorts era.

Cuellar

Peru scoring is good for everyone. It's good for the game of football.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cuellar on June 26, 2018, 04:02:14 PM
Peru scoring is good for everyone. It's good for the game of football.

no its bad, bad for my CaB fantasy score

Captain Z

Do you think in 20 years time we'll all be laughing at how today's players were wearing shirts 2 sizes too small, or will shirts have given way to just a sports bra by then?

Cuellar

YASSS

Peruvians going fucking crackers

im barry bethel

DrGreggles

Quote from: Captain Z on June 26, 2018, 04:04:52 PM
Do you think in 20 years time we'll all be laughing at how today's players were wearing shirts 2 sizes too small, or will shirts have given way to just a sports bra by then?

If Sepp Blatter gets his way...