Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:55:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lumines Remastered

Started by The Boston Crab, June 26, 2018, 09:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yes. The trance vibration feature has given this a new dimension. Feeling the controller pounding along with the bassline is so good.

Those loading times are rough though.

Z

At the time, lumines absolutely blew my mind. These days it's still great but feels like the future of them years ago quite a bit.

Higher res on a larger screen with additional sensory stimulation sounds pretty great to me. Kinda overdue if anything.

I put a Joycon up my biff while playing this with headphones and a TV to VR converter and I felt like the bit in Lawnmower Man where the guy shags a lawnmower.

Actually, this on headphones in bed is an awesome way to combat restful, natural sleep. I love the pulsing vibrations and the way the visuals and music keep shifting. I never played it before on any other system, which is great.

ASFTSN

Lumines is/was beautiful.

I only ever played it on an (at the time) 8 year old first generation PSP I got off of eBay, living in a stoned fug and only leaving my room three days a week in a shitty house share. The battery was fucked so I always had to have the handheld plugged in with an 8 inch charger cable, and the socket was down the side of my bed so I had to play while desperately contorted. Between that, the PsOne Classics Vagrant Story, and Archer Maclean's Mercury I think I was, if not happy, then genuinely selfless for one of the only times in my adult life.

Z

Quote from: The Boston Crab on June 26, 2018, 11:21:51 PM
Actually, this on headphones in bed is an awesome way to combat restful, natural sleep. I love the pulsing vibrations and the way the visuals and music keep shifting. I never played it before on any other system, which is great.
It's pretty much essential to the whole experience that you play it with headphones.

Outside of super hexagon, no game completely takes up my brain for the rest of the day than lumines.