Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:29:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wellington Paranormal

Started by Ja'moke, June 30, 2018, 12:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

The new series from Taika Waititi and Jemaine Clement starts next month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApxbN3Bp6f4

A spin-off from What We Do In The Shadows, following the two coppers as they investigate spooky goings-on around Wellington. Filmed in a spoof 'Cops' style.

Small Man Big Horse

Not sure that's the best ever title, but I'm really looking forward to it as I enjoyed WWDITS a great deal.

St_Eddie

This'll be fun, I reckon.  There's also a film sequel titled We're Wolves (about the werewolves seen in What We Do in the Shadows) in the works too.  Also, an American remake of the first film of sorts, being made as a TV series because apparently Americans are incapable of watching a film that's not set in their own Country, even when the characters in that film are speaking English.

Clownbaby

Quote from: Ja'moke on June 30, 2018, 12:12:48 PM
The new series from Taika Waititi and Jemaine Clement starts next month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApxbN3Bp6f4

A spin-off from What We Do In The Shadows, following the two coppers as they investigate spooky goings-on around Wellington. Filmed in a spoof 'Cops' style.

Hope it'll be better than the other paranormal comedy Ghosted. I really wanted to like that.

olliebean

The first episode of this was a few days ago, but the only copy of it I can find anywhere is a crappy 360p version and I'm holding out for something better. Anyone know where to find it?

St_Eddie

Quote from: olliebean on July 14, 2018, 10:38:04 PM
The first episode of this was a few days ago, but the only copy of it I can find anywhere is a crappy 360p version and I'm holding out for something better. Anyone know where to find it?

Have you checked behind the back of the sofa?

Small Man Big Horse

I found decent copies on the piratebay. It's very likeable but I don't find myself laughing that often, just smiling a lot. I've slight concerns that the two leads are a bit too stupid, but it's early days so I'm trying not to be too judgemental yet.

Clownbaby

Is this like Reno 911 but vampirey? If so I'm in

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Clownbaby on July 29, 2018, 10:30:45 PM
Is this like Reno 911 but vampirey? If so I'm in

Sort of. It's less full on than Reno 911 but there are similarities.

olliebean

Anyone managed to find an English language HD episode 6? The one I got turned out to be dubbed in Russian.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: olliebean on August 28, 2018, 06:06:49 PM
Anyone managed to find an English language HD episode 6? The one I got turned out to be dubbed in Russian.

Yeah, the one entitled "Wellington.Paranormal.S01E06.XviD-AFG" on piratebay is in English and plays fine.

olliebean

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 28, 2018, 07:59:48 PM
Yeah, the one entitled "Wellington.Paranormal.S01E06.XviD-AFG" on piratebay is in English and plays fine.

That's not HD, is it? Zooqle says it's 640x360, which is sub-SD.

In the end I've gone with "Wellington.Paranormal.S01E06.720p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta", which is a balls-ache because my Roku can't play x265 and my ancient PC isn't quite fast enough to transcode it in real time, so I have to wank about converting it to x264 before I can watch it.

Small Man Big Horse

Ah, didn't realise that but I guess not. Can't really see the need to watch the show in HD though, but if that's what floats your boat, etc.

St_Eddie

Personally, I went with Wellington.Paranormal.S01E06.99p.WithaFlake.

steveh

Finally got to watch this now Sky Comedy have put out all three series. Surprised it hasn't got more notice and that it took so long to get picked up in the UK as it's really, really funny and has made me laugh more than anything else this year.

Earlier in the first series I wasn't sure that O'Leary and Minogue were interesting enough characters for it to work, but as they get more fleshed out it starts to really come together - the introduction of Parker and the increasing oddities of their boss Maaka help too. Occasionally it's a bit slapdash with the mockumentary thing, with shots where the film crew wouldn't be present, but that's a minor quibble.

neveragain

It's loads of fun, I love it. The two leads are just delightful and the gags keep coming. The 'scary' bits are surprisingly effective. Much better than that cancelled Pegg and Frost thing. It may be too silly for some but that's their loss.

sbahnhof

Me and my other half have just watched the first few episodes of this. We've got pretty different tastes in comedy, but both absolutely loving this so far. There's something so endearingly goofy about it and Karen O'Leary is a complete hoot.

Small Man Big Horse

Just watched season 3 episode 3 and think it might be the best one yet, sometimes this is clearly very low budget but the opposite applied here, and they had a huge amount of fun
Spoiler alert
with the shapeshifter.
[close]