Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:51:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BBC computer archive

Started by biggytitbo, June 30, 2018, 11:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

The BBC have released every programme they ever did about the 80s computer revolution here https://computer-literacy-project.pilots.bbcconnectedstudio.co.uk/programmes

Some absolute gems there, mainly about that specific period in time when the British where spearheading the introduction of computing to the home.

Malcy

Loads there. Will have to have a proper look soon. Cheers.

Twed

Thank you for sharing this, biggy. I will probably make sure to archive these myself, as the BBC will decide to throw them in the bin without warning at some point.

the

Nice find.

The BBC seem to be creating a few of these mini-sites lately (such as Acropolis for the Sound Effects Library), I heartily approve.

It's more like the internet used to be - little pockets of interest, thematically gathered together, rather than everything being in a big bucket of transient CONTENT.

Hopefully they'll be adding to it if they can get the rights for more stuff. BBC2's The Net (1994 onwards) being a particularly evocative slice of the times.

Malcy

Quote from: the on July 01, 2018, 01:24:23 PM
Nice find.

The BBC seem to be creating a few of these mini-sites lately (such as Acropolis for the Sound Effects Library), I heartily approve.

It's more like the internet used to be - little pockets of interest, thematically gathered together, rather than everything being in a big bucket of transient CONTENT.

Hopefully they'll be adding to it if they can get the rights for more stuff. BBC2's The Net (1994 onwards) being a particularly evocative slice of the times.

Saw The Net on a download site the other day. Didn't get it though.