Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:05:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

!!! - Wimblewrong 2018 First-Round Draw - !!!

Started by selectivememory, July 01, 2018, 04:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

It's crucial to understand what you're voting for though right? A couple of times as a competitor I've had to PM my opponent to clarify in private, but I don't see what's wrong with explaining in the thread. That said, it should only really be disclosed if someone specifically asks.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: alan nagsworth on July 03, 2018, 07:40:14 AM
Is Pink Flamingos - specifically that scene and Divine's look - really that obscure? I always knew about it before I saw the film, personally. Anyway it's a great shot.

How is it a great shot, unless that is not Divine? Is it trump in drag - then ok, if its just Divine, then its not a photoshop...probably Trump isn't it?

selectivememory

Just to be clear then, we'll say that explanations are fine if requested, as it doesn't seem like anyone else objects to them. Also, as nagsworth and Crabwalk have confirmed, they have been acceptable previously, so I don't really see a good reason to go changing up the rule book given that it's worked out fine in the past.

Spoon of Ploff

Fair does. I might not like it, but I'll have to go along with it.

* actually I'm happy for the clarification

MoonDust

If we're talking about explanations then I don't understand wasp sting's ones at all. Are they anti feminist? Are they parodying anti feminism? That round was pure confusion for me.

Dex Sawash

I don't understand about 70% of them. Too thick or too american?

selectivememory

Well done all in getting your serves in on time. We usually have loads of delays in the first round, so it's off to a great start this year.

wasp_f15ting

When is round to starting? I'm itching to go :p

spamwangler

the image size thing, - if people are strugglinng to get their shots the right size,

would it be useful to point people towards some sort of online image resizer type of webpage?
https://imageresize.org/
something like that? can just bung your finnished image in there, idunno

wasp_f15ting

Imgur has a scaler too. In this 1080p age we should be getting more space. Maybe next year ;)

spamwangler

Loving them wide Boyz

Incorrect image size should be penalised by forced ratiosquish

Crabwalk

selectivememory

Quote from: wasp_f15ting on July 07, 2018, 11:21:16 AM
When is round to starting? I'm itching to go :p

Hopefully by the end of the week. Everyone has posted on schedule, which is great, but we've still got a few matches to complete yet.

As far as the image sizes go, it's not a hard thing to get right at all. No excuses in the second round for anyone. If anyone posts images the wrong size I'll just repost them in the correct dimensions and if that ruins the images, so be it.

kittens

say what you want about me but i always get that img size spot on don't i boss

MoonDust

I think my second shot in round 1 was one pixel over on the length. Even I reckon I should be disqualified for that.