Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:46:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2018 Round 1: Spoon of Ploff v hummingofevil

Started by Spoon of Ploff, July 02, 2018, 11:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

The last two shots are probably my favourite of the tournament so far. Very hard to choose between them, but ultimately, I have to for Spoon of Ploff.

BlodwynPig

Has to be Sploff, I just didn't get either of Humming's efforts, sorry. A pixelated Hillary and a big hand pointing at some pasta? (I know creepy pasta is a meme thing). Not saying we need Ben Garrison levels of exposition here, though.

chveik

MoonDust

Really great round. Difficult. But got to go with Sploff.

Replies From View

alan nagsworth

Very tough as humming played a belter with that last one, but Spoon was more consistent, so they get my vote.

hummingofevil

If I cry like Andy Murray did that time will you all like me again? :)

Im going to concede given its rather unlikely I'll come back from this crushing deficit. Congratulations to Spoons on their victory and cheers for letting me take part. Wasn't much to explain about either shot other than they both direct takes on real adverts. Second shot was meant to be directly aimed at Trump himself (playing to his  worldview) when the toddler in Spoons' second shot is old enough to own a kid's tablet of their own.

Thanks again.

alan nagsworth

You were very good, mate - honestly the last shot was a banger. Don't be too disheartened and if you do go out after this round, definitely come back next time.

selectivememory

There are still high-scoring loser spots in the next round up for grabs as well, so it's not completely over until all votes in all matches have been counted.

As nagsworth says, you did great. Thanks for joining in.

newbridge

Extremely close, but I'll give the edge to humming for the inclusion of "Golf"

Dex Sawash

Is this the thread where I am supposed to post  'kittens'?

Johnny Yesno

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: hummingofevil on July 05, 2018, 10:31:33 PM
If I cry like Andy Murray did that time will you all like me again? :)

Im going to concede given its rather unlikely I'll come back from this crushing deficit. Congratulations to Spoons on their victory and cheers for letting me take part. Wasn't much to explain about either shot other than they both direct takes on real adverts. Second shot was meant to be directly aimed at Trump himself (playing to his  worldview) when the toddler in Spoons' second shot is old enough to own a kid's tablet of their own.

Thanks again.

I hate square mouth Andy Murray!

I've been the wrong end of some brutal scores in my short time playing WimbleWrong.

I think most games are closer than what the final scores show. Imagine if voters were asked to give each player a score out of 5 or 10... x wins by 57 points to 53 for y.

selectivememory

That's Spoon of Ploff through, winning 18-7.

Good game. Thanks again for taking part, hummingofevil.

Spoon of Ploff

Cheers for the game hummingofevil.

Don't forget to vote tactically and with great bitterness throughout the rest of the tournament.

hummingofevil

All good here. Good luck in coming rounds. Cheers.

Norton Canes