Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:19:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Whigfield hearts GG Allin?

Started by non capisco, July 02, 2018, 08:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

non capisco

I was channel hopping just now and the video for 'Saturday Night' by Whigfield just came on one of the Freeview music channels. Am I going mad or is there a bit in it where, after discarding some photos of standard 90s pretty boys, she kisses a photo of ill-fated shock rocker GG Allin, smeared in his own excrement?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DNQRtmIMxk&feature=youtu.be&t=2m49s

"Saturday night and I like the way you move"....naked and with a banana up your aris.

non capisco

Is this a well known thing and I'm late to the party? Like "what are you going to tell us next, non capisco? Big Mo from Eastenders is Gary Oldman's sister?"

alan nagsworth

I don't think it is yer man, but it does appear to be a bald man with some fake(?) horns, covered in either blood or shit, with his tongue out like WHAZZAAAAAPP

either way I fucking burst out laughing there, nice one

Epic Bisto

I agree with Nagsworth. It looks like him, but it ain't he.

Funnily enough, it's officially 25 years since poor Kevin passed on in his sleep. He had so much more to give, not least the possibility of a Royal Variety performance.

Twed

non capisco

"Nee nee na na na" is Danish for "needle up my cock".

THE PLOT THICKENS.

Twed

non capisco

I AM NEVER CLICKING ON THAT LINK.

Phil_A

I love this idea of this. It's no more unbelievable than Ace Of Base's songs containing hidden neo-nazi propaganda (which turned out to be 100% true).

wosl

Quote from: Twed on July 02, 2018, 09:03:34 PM

Agree with everyone who says it's not Allin.  I'm going for Terry Butcher, taken a couple of hours on from when this was snapped:

famethrowa

Quote from: Epic Bisto on July 02, 2018, 09:00:36 PM

Funnily enough, it's officially 25 years since poor Kevin passed on in his sleep. He had so much more to give, not least the possibility of a Royal Variety performance.

It was after a gig in New York... I think maybe the Opera House.... he passed, sadly

hermitical

I was in NY that June, I bottled going to see him a week or two before he died

Crabwalk

Quote from: Phil_A on July 02, 2018, 09:37:18 PM
I love this idea of this. It's no more unbelievable than Ace Of Base's songs containing hidden neo-nazi propaganda (which turned out to be 100% true).

Thanks for that tip-off, I hadn't heard that about Ace of Base. 'All That She Wants' was always dodgy, but the stuff about their name and that guy being in a full-on Neo-Nazi band called 'Commit Suicide' is amazing!

With regards to GG Allin being in the 'Saturday Night' video, the link gave me a huge WTF moment and those were a glorious few minutes of delight and confusion. I doff my cap to Non Capisco.

Famous Mortimer

There has to be half a chance that Todd Philips snuck a reference or two to GG into one of his more famous movies.

gmoney

Quote from: Crabwalk on July 03, 2018, 02:06:24 PM
With regards to GG Allin being in the 'Saturday Night' video, the link gave me a huge WTF moment and those were a glorious few minutes of delight and confusion. I doff my cap to Non Capisco.

I've not got much to add, but I would like to echo this. It gave me and the missus a great laugh last night.