Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:54:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Thailand Cave Dwellers

Started by Bazooka, July 03, 2018, 11:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

I've been gripped by this story, really damn crazy that these kids will have to learn basic diving skills and live in the cave for months, the fallout if one of them dies trying to swim out is going to be mad.

The story for those not in the loop:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44692813

biggytitbo

3 months to learn cave diving skills in order to escape certain death - who will survive, who will die - tune in to DEATH CAVE LIVE, every night this month on ITV2.

Steven

Couldn't they have used Gary Glitter on a lead?

Quote from: Steven on July 03, 2018, 12:04:06 PM
Couldn't they have used Gary Glitter on a lead?

Doesn't he only like little girls?

"I'm a nonce, not a poofter. Give me some credit!" he quipped from his cell.

bgmnts

One of those genuinely mental news stories.

I hope they all make it.

Captain Z

Couldn't they drill down like they did for the Chilean lads? I'm sure the terrain makes it more difficult but not an impossibility?

Steven

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on July 03, 2018, 12:07:08 PM
Doesn't he only like little girls?

Doing Alright With The Boys

and it's Vietnamese, not Thai, but I'm just generalising heavily for comedy purposes.

Reminds of when a diver discovered the chef on a ship alive in an air pocket 3 days after the boat sinking, fucking horrible.

Steven

They should pipe this in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-aitfK7jRE

Buelligan must be livid, go live in a cave then everyone's at it.

ASFTSN

Quote from: Steven on July 03, 2018, 12:16:34 PM
Reminds of when a diver discovered the chef on a ship alive in an air pocket 3 days after the boat sinking, fucking horrible.

29 dislikes there.  What a fucking world.

Buelligan

Quote from: Steven on July 03, 2018, 12:26:05 PM
Buelligan must be livid, go live in a cave then everyone's at it.

QuoteWhen the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

biggytitbo

Its Celebrity Death Cave Live I'm looking forward to, with Greg Rutherford, Lorraine Chase, Coolio, Melinda Messenger and Lembit Opik trapped in a cave underwater with just a week to learn to either Dive or Not-Survive.

Shit Good Nose

Their coach is going to be quietly sequestered away and executed when this is all over, isn't he.

Steven

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on July 03, 2018, 01:15:36 PM
Their coach is going to be quietly sequestered away and executed when this is all over, isn't he.

"I only made them play with their balls, and showed them my keepy-uppy!"

BlodwynPig

racist....

you do know that post-Brexit, Russians/Thais/North Koreans/Venezuelans/Hondurans are going to be writing on forums saying "oooh, that Harry Kane missing the penalty, he's going to be taken away by Mrs. May's Border Force and executed, tee hee hee"

Buelligan

I hope they do it chemically, this is the 21st century after all.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 03, 2018, 01:24:35 PM
racist....

you do know that post-Brexit, Russians/Thais/North Koreans/Venezuelans/Hondurans are going to be writing on forums saying "oooh, that Harry Kane missing the penalty, he's going to be taken away by Mrs. May's Border Force and executed, tee hee hee"

His chin will shield him.

FULL DISCLOSURE - I only know who Harry Kane is because of Athletico Mince.  If it weren't for that, I'd be a bit of a [banned member] with him - "who the fuck is...", etc.

Immediately sent this to Nicholas Mullen.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 03, 2018, 01:24:35 PM
racist....

Good. I'm glad her reputation as a cunt has made the world stage.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Fucking hell. This sounds like an absolute nightmare. The more I read, the worse it sounds.
I would have thought the parents would rather take turns kicking him to death. Then again, maybe they'll all be too grateful to him for keeping the kids alive and sane (assuming they make it out in one piece.

Why can't they just transport these lads out in the tummies of a fleet of robot dolphins? That's what I want to know.

Or is it like that Oxfam ad? Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, give a boy full scuba diving training over the course of three months whilst trapped in a cave, perilously close to death and he'll get himself out of the cave, catch some fish on the way out and be able to make a living out of providing guided scuba tours to disgusting sex tourists when he leaves school.

paruses

Can't believe who has been voted out of Death Cave first. That is a shocker. I wonder if they will send any back in later to mix things up a bit.

Am a bit surprised how hooked I have been on this given nothing has really been happening. Also surprised no one at work is talking about it.

Has anyone else found this front page news to be of no interest to anyone but themselves?

mothman

I remember having a news feed on at work, watching a Chilean miner emerged every 70 minutes. Hoping this wil feel like that. It was such a feelgood experience.

Replies From View

Quote from: ASFTSN on July 03, 2018, 12:28:42 PM
29 dislikes there.  What a fucking world.

MINSTILLA PRODUCTIONS
11 months ago

who here from Instagram?

newbridge

They cannot drill them out. It took them weeks to drill the hole to rescue the Chilean miners and that was closer to the ground and easier than it would be to reach these cave people.

Apparently it's the rainy season in Thailand and if it starts raining they could all drown at any moment. Quite grim.

They're rescuing them now apparently.

littlenell

The football coach, had he taken my kid deep into a cave to probably die, would be lucky to survive ten minutes out of the cave before I got to him.

Having the benefit of cool objectivity in this situation, however, I feel he has probably been punished enough for his stupidity. He looks young himself, and he will be last out of the cave. Plus, being stuck with a large group of scared hungry kids (being scared, hungry and feeling guilty) in a small space for weeks...is a definite punishment.

New Jack

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: littlenell on July 08, 2018, 03:09:47 PM
The football coach, had he taken my kid deep into a cave to probably die, would be lucky to survive ten minutes out of the cave before I got to him.

Having the benefit of cool objectivity in this situation, however, I feel he has been punished enough for his stupidity.

He's probably the only reason theyre not dead or gone all Lord of the Flies though.

Captain Z

That, and imagining the sponsorship deals.

newbridge

Holy shit, just learned that the original Ronaldo is one of the trapped dwellers. What was he doing down there?

Dex Sawash

When the first rescue diver arrived with a lamp, what % of the kids had their knob out?