Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,574,321
  • Total Topics: 106,599
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:09:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Thailand Cave Dwellers

Started by Bazooka, July 03, 2018, 11:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud

Good job none of them was too big for the narrow bit.  "Sorry mate, you're going to have to go on a diet for 6 months first"

Seriously though the whole effort and the success of it has been rather heartwarming.  I wish we could have more good news (preferably without trapping 12 children in a cave of course) as it makes a lovely change from the misery.  Humans being bros instead of bastards is always nice.

Norton Canes

Quote from: paruses on July 10, 2018, 01:55:52 PM
I saw that Man U have offered the boys a trip to Old Trafford

Perfect for them, since they've had so long to adjust to a lack of atmosphere

paruses

They got round that dusky problem in the Ewan McGregor film by just ignoring it, didn't they? Maybe they could put the focus on some gap-year types who have been instagramming their reflected involvement from nearby.

Captain Z

Quote from: Cloud on July 10, 2018, 02:06:55 PM
Good job none of them was too big for the narrow bit.  "Sorry mate, you're going to have to go on a diet for 6 months first"

Well, I mean, they wouldn't have got in in the first place. Which would have been better.

mothman

Quote from: Trojan_Jockey on July 10, 2018, 02:02:45 PM
This would make a great movie, if the kids weren't Thai.

There was a movie made about the Chilean miners, but you won't have heard of it or seen it for precisely the same reason.

Cloud

Quote from: Captain Z on July 10, 2018, 02:56:07 PM
Well, I mean, they wouldn't have got in in the first place. Which would have been better.

Yeah but that ruins the joke part of my offensive joke and just leaves the offense bit :(  At which point I'd have to say, just being edgy, no body shaming intended etc and I'm glad they got out safely.

Dex Sawash

I hope they take them all someplace nice now like a bouncy castle

biggytitbo

Someone criticises Elon Musk's stupid mini sub PR stunt, he calls them a pedophile -

Cloud

Good grief, if he makes any more of a twat of himself he'll be rivalling Trump.

That'd make for a lucrative libel claim

biggytitbo

Guy criticised his tiny submarine, went too far, got what he deserved - branded as a child molester by a billionaire.

Depressed Beyond Tables

I've never heard it referred to as 'Cave 5' before.

Eyes, ears, nose, urethra and bum. Makes sense I suppose.

JesusAndYourBush

The guy makes no sense.  If you could get to "cave 5" with no gear then what's the point of proving you can get there in the sub.

They said the narrowest gap was the width of "1 and a half loaves of bread", I wonder if the sub would have been narrow enough to fit through that?

St_Eddie

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on July 16, 2018, 01:32:53 AM
They said the narrowest gap was the width of "1 and a half loaves of bread", I wonder if the sub would have been narrow enough to fit through that?

Yes, it was.  However, the sub in question was of the sandwich variety.

imitationleather

Fucking hell, lads. I think Elon Musk has invented one of those submarines that shrinks you down so you can journey around inside a human body. Finally we're going to go on a magical journey, marvelling at internal organs and blood cells.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: St_Eddie on July 16, 2018, 01:55:20 AM
Yes, it was.  However, the sub in question was of the sandwich variety.

fucked it.

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on July 08, 2018, 11:12:27 PM
Amateur. Everyone knows potholers use slices.

it's all fucked.

newbridge

Isn't the even more offensive implication he was making that the only reason someone would move to Thailand is because they're a paedo? Stable man, Elon.

Shaky

Why are all rich people such public cunts these days? If I was a billionaire I'd have the good grace to call someone a child molester behind their back, possibly using a slight cough.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Shaky on July 16, 2018, 04:28:14 AM
Why are all rich people such public cunts these days? If I was a billionaire I'd have the good grace to call someone a child molester behind their back, possibly using a slight cough.

Or do the opposite and make the accusation in such an extravagant way everyone applauds, such as beaming it onto the moon with lasers.

Icehaven

The thing is even if that guy successfully sued Musk for libel (which is unlikely) then what happens, he gets few quid and has had one of the most famous people in the world publically insinuating he's a paedophile, Musk loses a bit of pocket change and that's it. In reality there's likely to be no such action taken, or at least not successfully anyway. There's no real consequences for treating people badly for people like him at all, so we end up with people in positions of great power and influence casually displaying almost unbelievably shitty behaviour that you can't fathom unless you've experienced not having to be accountable for your actions for a prolonged period of time (if not your whole life.) And these are the inhumans we're entrusting the world with. I'd blame Trump but it's been going on a lot longer than him being around (although he's obviously making it much worse.)

biggytitbo

Why would it be unlikely? I suppose the big issue would be what jurisdiction it would be in, but I can't see how what Musk said wouldn't be libel.

Icehaven

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 16, 2018, 10:42:07 AM
Why would it be unlikely? I suppose the big issue would be what jurisdiction it would be in, but I can't see how what Musk said wouldn't be libel.

I meant more that it's unlikely to be seen through, rather than unlikely that he'd win if it was. It's just the risk involved, even perceived (it would be perfectly understandable for a regular person to be scared off legal action against someone with that kind of cash) and even if he did then an out of court settlement would be the most probable conclusion (and almost certainly what he'd be legally advised to accept) rather than seeing it through to the bitter end. The problem with cases like that is they can all but consume the life (and possibly the finances) of the person bringing the action while people like Musk, other than possibly (but not necessarily) having to turn up to court for a day or two, have their people dealing with it and are barely even aware it's going on.

Paul Calf

Why are all rich people such public cunts these days?

Racist.

Paul Calf

(Serious answer: I think it's because they've worked out that they can't be touched no matter what they do. They could build the foundations of their 30000-bedroom homes on the bones of starved African babies and there'd still be a ready supply of forelock-tugging wankers with shit-smeared noses defending their honour against the proletariat.)

SteveDave

I'd just be out every night fighting crime or paying tramps to fuck in front of me.

Crisps?

Even if the jurisdiction was the US, where cave guy would have a harder time winning, shareholders are not going to tolerate the publicity. He'll just be asked for a very large number, and we'll never hear about it again.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Elon MuskJust returned from Cave 3. Mini-sub is ready if needed. It is made of rocket parts & named Wild Boar after kids' soccer team. Leaving here in case it may be useful in the future. Thailand is so beautiful.

Christ, he's an absolute fucking tit. "It is made of rocket parts." "Thailand is so beautiful." "Pedo guy."

Barry Admin

Also, the "Cave 3" and "Cave 5" stuff irks me. Inside cunty lingo aimed at impressing everyone. Take your rocket parts and fuck away off, baldy.

Paul Calf

In Thailand, where lawsuits are settled on a patriotic basis, he'd automatically lose any case against a Thai national. However, they'd never keep hold of someone with so much of the stuff that keeps Thai public life running so smoothly so he'd get out of the country with minimal trouble. In fact, if he knows who to bribe, he might even end up being a local hero.

See also: Jim Thompson.

http://time.com/4319751/jim-thompson-history/