Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:06:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TV personalities everyone seems to love but you DON'T

Started by Clownbaby, July 03, 2018, 01:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clownbaby

Ellen DeGeneres. I don't trust her. I don't know why but I just don't. And the Ellen DeGeneres show is so screamy I can't fuckin stand it even if I've just got it on low volume waiting for a guest I like. I'm really not getting the whole thing with Big Narstie either, he's popping up everywhere cause he's apparently a proper legend but I just feel like he spoils things he's in.
I also don't know how Jamie Oliver is still managing to make new shows out of the same handsy pools of olive oil, strawberries and broadbeans he's been making for years. When I hear the Jamie's 15 Minute Meals 'Buffalo Stance' by Neneh Cherry start up I throw myself over the couch to get to the remote. I've got a weird love-hate thing with Jamie Oliver though cause although I think he and his family all have really annoying faces, he did turn me on to preserved lemons which make everything delicious. There's more, I know it. They'll come back to me.

Buelligan

Jesus is the worst, I think.  What a cunt.

Not really, of course. 

If you're reading this Jesus, I have always loved your work(s).

Sebastian Cobb

Hobo With A Shit Pun

Quote from: Buelligan on July 03, 2018, 02:12:49 PM

If you're reading this Jesus, I have always loved your work(s).

Not that they're Justifiable, by themselves.

I hated David Thewlis for no reason for YEARS, even though I only ever saw him in things I liked, playing characters that he assayed well. Just his face, or his voice or something.
Then one day, I didn't anymore. Which was nice.

Buelligan

I've always liked old Thewlis, in fact I would do him in a trice truth be told (exaggerating here for comic effect but I maintain, he's certainly alright).

I can proudly say that I was almost banned from a forum for stating what a cunt I thought Jimmy Savile was (long before the rest of humanity caught up).  Past glories, eh?

Clownbaby

Quote from: Buelligan on July 03, 2018, 02:18:16 PM
I can proudly say that I was almost banned from a forum for stating what a cunt I thought Jimmy Savile was (long before the rest of humanity caught up).  Past glories, eh?

haha, I always thought there was something not right about him but I figured more gangster or drug dealer than weapons grade paedophile. When the news came out I went into school and this one lad was shaking his head going "I won't believe it" every time I brought it up. Why? Why couldn't he believe it? It made perfect sense.

manticore

Quote from: Clownbaby on July 03, 2018, 01:58:00 PM
Ellen DeGeneres. I don't trust her. I don't know why but I just don't.

I'm dubious about anyone who has the same expression on their face all the time, whatever the context. In DeGeneres' case it's something more than a hint of disconcertion/bemusement, at everything, without discrimination. Rictus. Someone might say it's just the way her face goes, but I don't like it.

Clownbaby

Quote from: manticore on July 03, 2018, 02:37:43 PM
I'm dubious about anyone who has the same expression on their face all the time, whatever the context. In DeGeneres' case it's something more than a hint of disconcertion/bemusement, at everything, without discrimination. Rictus. Someone might say it's just the way her face goes, but I don't like it.

I get the low key "unnoticed bitch" vibe from her. Like you meet her and think she's alright at first, then you start to get the bitch vibe, but no-one else has seen it yet cause she keeps giving them gifts and hugging them. The "everyone's friend" who also does a lot of snubbing.

Clownbaby

Clownbaby

Quote from: Hobo With A Shit Pun on July 03, 2018, 02:17:43 PM
Not that they're Justifiable, by themselves.

I hated David Thewlis for no reason for YEARS, even though I only ever saw him in things I liked, playing characters that he assayed well. Just his face, or his voice or something.
Then one day, I didn't anymore. Which was nice.

I had the same thing with Olivia Colman, then I just suddenly clicked and liked her. Sorry Olivia Colman. I feel bad now.

manticore

Quote from: manticore on July 03, 2018, 02:37:43 PM
Rictus.

That was not quite the right word. Please ignore. It's more in the forehead and overall face area than the mouth.

steve98

The cool dude on the right here (I won't name him) is now a major UK TV personality and quiz show host; nearly everyone loves him (but not me).

up_the_hampipe

Ellen is apparently a nasty person behind the scenes. I don't buy her act. She quit being a respected stand-up for daytime horseshit.

Fabian Thomsett

Twed

I used to like Ellen herself when I was a kid, but the modern-day Oprah-esque juggernaut that is The Ellen Degeneres show is a bad thing, IMO. It's a platform for selling something to the general public that is bad for them but wears a smile on its face.

Rebranding George W Bush? Why not. Literally sit there and humour George W Bush saying "this is the first time this nation has ever been divided". Supply him with roaring applause. Tell George W Bush that "the media was not great to you".

canadagoose

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on July 03, 2018, 08:19:49 PM
Ellen is apparently a nasty person behind the scenes. I don't buy her act. She quit being a respected stand-up for daytime horseshit.
Really? Ah, that's disappointing; I thought she'd be a decent sort.

I find James Corden a bit irritating, but I don't think I'm the only one. Eamonn Holmes isn't my favourite either; he's too arrogant and pub-bore-like. I have a soft spot for Philip Schofield and Holly Willoughby, though.

Bobtoo

I don't know if it's just me but I've developed a strong dislike for Nigella Lawson.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Bobtoo on July 03, 2018, 08:51:05 PM
I don't know if it's just me but I've developed a strong dislike for Nigella Lawson.

Probably the undercooked roast chickens she loves to poison people with serve up.

royce coolidge

Holly Willoughby a simpering,establishment pandering airhead,looks alarmed when anything goes off script,Royal family arselicker.
I'd rather fight her than fuck her.

littlenell

Everybody loves Raymond is a misnoma on top of a damned lie.

pigamus

Alan Titchmarsh. "Oh, isn't he nice?" He seems desperate for me to think he is, yes. But I'm not buying it. As with Edmonds, it's extremely well-rehearsed but ultimately unconvincing.

Absorb the anus burn

Fiona Bruce (bloody smug and insincere, the Laura Ashley clothes and Copydex smile)
Richard Osman (inane jokes, reads facts off a computer screen as if he knows everything)
Graham Norton (that plastic giggling laugh, perpetual oneupmanship, the salt 'n' pepper beard)

jobotic

Always despised Jamie Oliver. Like, really, what a cunt. Fat tongue, all that. Agreed with what Brooker said about him etc etc.

Also I hate cooking and food. It's a chore not a pleasure, like washing up.

Thing is, Jobotique likes him. Watched some fifteen year old programme with him on the other day and...he's alright. The bad things are still there but he's actually not a cunt and the food he made looked nice and also easy to make...

Future post :Ed Sheeran is quite good.

jobotic

manticore

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on July 03, 2018, 11:37:18 PM
Richard Osman (inane jokes, reads facts off a computer screen as if he knows everything)

He doesn't, he hears them through his special earpiece invention. The computer is a prop, it doesn't work, that's what's funny about it!

I'm alone on this benighted forum in that I think Osman is not too bad in some ways. He's not my weird crush or anything but he seems amiable enough and for a 'quiz show' or whatever it's supposed to be Pointless is a benign and good-natured thing to have as a companion through this vale of tears, a comfort blanket to the lonely and bereft of spirit.

Psmith

someone's already posted Graham Norton.
but it's worth saying again.

I don't mind Richard Osman but the bloke with him on Pointless seems a bit of a knob.