Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:56:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

TV personalities everyone seems to love but you DON'T

Started by Clownbaby, July 03, 2018, 01:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

Graham Norton thirded. An entire career based on 'ooh look at me. I'm camp.' Apparently a decent chap in real life but we're talking TV personas here.

French and Saunders. Together and separately. Have never made me laugh. Not even once.

Any 'celebrity' chef. Food is already the most overrated thing on earth without it clogging up our screens.

jobotic

Quote from: Gregory Torso on July 04, 2018, 01:23:09 AM
Really really fucking hate John Richardson.

Yeah dreadful. We get it mate, you pretend to be old before your time. I used to do that when I was twenty, to make it look as if I was eccentric. Bit embarrassing. That I didn't make a fucking fortune out of it

Nowhere Man

Bradley Walsh.

Nah just kidding he's alright, almost every other modern quiz show host is crap though.

Sebastian Cobb

Alexander Armstrong? Yeah I don't like him but I'm not really sure why.

Clownbaby

I went off him a bit after an episode of 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown where he kept making smug low key comments about Nikki Grahame being stupid. I felt a bit sorry for her cause it was going over her head a bit and she actually seemed to be up for a laugh on the show, meanwhile Jon was saying things like "be careful with leaky waterbottles near a plug, there's a risk of elocution hurr hurrrr" (get it? Because she's COMMON and doesn't talk properly!) Just rubbed me up the wrong way a bit. I stared thinking he might actually be a sly little shite if he decides he doesn't like you. Also his worrying about things schtick gets old fast

Thomas

Quote from: canadagoose on July 03, 2018, 08:31:38 PM
Eamonn Holmes isn't my favourite either; he's too arrogant and pub-bore-like.

Not that 'everyone seems to love' the man, but I don't understand why Eamonn Holmes is such a recurrent face on television. He hasn't the charm (Schofield), Freudian homeliness (Willoughby), magnetism (Edmonds), humour (Norton), perceived wisdom (Fry), or looks (Madeley) to warrant a television personality. That's not an insult - he just seems entirely out of place as a human on television, as would millions of us. An ordinary man. Chiles Syndrome.

He must know where bodies are buried.1

Norton Canes

Quote from: Clownbaby on July 03, 2018, 01:58:00 PM
the Ellen DeGeneres show is so screamy I can't fuckin stand it even if I've just got it on low volume waiting for a guest I like

God yes. When it's on in the house it's like having a wasp in each ear.

Clownbaby

Quote from: Norton Canes on July 04, 2018, 10:15:15 AM
God yes. When it's on in the house it's like having a wasp in each ear.

What are they screaming about? It's a fuckin boring show

The Lurker

Stephen Fry. Pretentious drama queen. His tweets are fucking boring too. The response is always "how can you not like him? He's a national treasure!", you can get away with loads of shit if you're a national treasure though like when Ant crashed his car while drunk or Cheryl punched that woman in a nightclub.

Quote from: Clownbaby on July 03, 2018, 01:58:00 PM
Ellen DeGeneres. I don't trust her. I don't know why but I just don't. And the Ellen DeGeneres show is so screamy I can't fuckin stand it even if I've just got it on low volume waiting for a guest I like. I'm really not getting the whole thing with Big Narstie either, he's popping up everywhere cause he's apparently a proper legend but I just feel like he spoils things he's in.

While I'm not exactly a fan, Big Narstie seems like he's up for a laugh and doesn't take himself too seriously so I'm not bothered about him. Totally agree on the Ellen Show though, absolutely woeful patter, it's just her making shit puns and fawning over celebrities but I've always thought "yeah but she seems like a nice enough woman" until I read the below...

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on July 03, 2018, 08:19:49 PM
Ellen is apparently a nasty person behind the scenes.

Bad Ambassador

steve98

There's...
Keith Richards
Dawn French
David "young cock yumm" Walliams.
Guy "Geezer" Martin.
Sue Forgottenhername (Mel and Sue)
That old woman National Treasure baker.
Arthur Askey
Young and Black and thick as shit BBC presenter in a wheelchair
and Noel Fielding... for starters.

metaltax

I don't mind him on his own but him and his wife together provide a level of whiny Northener that's just too much to bear, and I say that as someone who was born and bred in Yorkshire.

pigamus

Osman is alright, but when he's introduced on HIGNFY and he says 'Hiya!' like he's trying to be your mate it fucking infuriates me.

Jeremy Clarkson. Straight out of the Farage mould; A "straight talking" "man of the people" so long as he's getting paid and coddled. A wretched, barking cunt of a man without a sincere thought or feeling in his whole body. Like most of his ilk he keeps failing upwards to a higher pay packet and further indulgence of his ego. I can't wait 'til the day the prick dies painfully from the cancer he gleefully joked about on his failure of a chat show or chokes to death on his precious fucking steak in a catering tent. The fucking cunt. Cunt.

Clownbaby

Quote from: steve98 on July 04, 2018, 12:01:56 PM

Ade Adepitan? Aye he's annoying as shit

pigamus

Quote from: steve98 on July 04, 2018, 12:01:56 PM

I know, I know, it's serious

Absorb the anus burn

Peter Kay, John Bishop, Michael McIntyre, Miranda Hart.... Not a shocking revelation for CAB, but these smug, MOR, crowd pleasing comedy slags really get on my proverbials.

Dr Rock

I remember when everyone loved Joey Deacon, but I'll tell you at my school we kinda mocked him.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on July 04, 2018, 12:40:30 PM
Peter Kay, John Bishop, Michael McIntyre, Miranda Hart.... Not a shocking revelation for CAB, but these smug, MOR, crowd pleasing comedy slags really get on my proverbials.

I like that bit where Miranda Hart falls over.

steve98

The Pot Noodle as a cup woman off Gogglebox (and her simpering sidekick), can't stand her.

asids

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on July 03, 2018, 11:37:18 PM
Fiona Bruce (bloody smug and insincere, the Laura Ashley clothes and Copydex smile)

Yeah, she's really irritating.

I would say Scarlett Moffatt, but I don't know how many people actually "love" her and instead just tolerate her as ITV and others seem hellbent on making her a household TV personality after her time on Gogglebox.

Jollity

My stepdad really hates Nigella Lawson. But I have no especial opinion of her myself.

Everyone seems to like the way Graham Norton makes "bitchy" comments about all manner of people, and I dare say they all deserve it, but it does rather give me the impression that he's unpleasant about everyone when they're not there to tell him to fuck off. Which I personally find offputting.

Clownbaby

I don't like Nigella Lawson either. I don't like the fanservicey "sexy" act and her there's always something wrong with her meals,  like an egg that doesn't belong there or too much chocolate. It cracks me up when her kids make an appearance cause ether never seem to enjoy her food an just pick at it

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Jockice on July 04, 2018, 06:59:08 AM
Graham Norton thirded. An entire career based on 'ooh look at me. I'm camp.'

Arguably, that may have been the case in his So/ V Graham Norton Channel 4 days of the early 00s but I don't think he plays that card so much now. He's even toned down the bitchiness. I really enjoy his BBC chatshow.

Talking of which, it makes you realise how Jonathan Ross has gone off the radar a bit these days compared to about ten years ago where he was all over everything.

gatchamandave

Alan Carr, doing Graham Norton 's shtick ramped up to the power of ten.

Sara Cox, bloody awful radio presenter whose twenty year reign of boredom i am supposed to be celebrating ? She can take a flying fuck, and take Zoe Ball with her.

No, I don't want to see that on Chaturbate, thank you very much

ASFTSN

Quote from: Jockice on July 04, 2018, 06:59:08 AM
Graham Norton thirded. An entire career based on 'ooh look at me. I'm camp.'

I don't know what I'm talking about really - coz I'm a young idiot and have never watched a ton of telly - but is there not a slight case to be made for him making that sort of gay camp humour a tiny bit more "acceptable" on mainstream telly in the UK?  Not saying he was anywhere near the first obviously but I always got the impression he might have made some of the more conservative Radio Times readers out there a bit more used to the ol' gayness (albeit in one one of its cartoonish and reductive guises) in the 90's.

Sebastian Cobb

Never really thought much of Jo Whiley. She's still better than Simon Mayo though.

Stuart Maconie is a helmet as well.