Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:15:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2018 Round 1: madhair60 vs alan nagsworth

Started by madhair60, July 03, 2018, 07:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

wasp_f15ting

kittens

shame to choose between these two, but i choose nagsworth

Paul Calf

It has to be madhair. It's a travesty to vote against nags at this stage, but fuck me Space Cunts is compelling.

Fishfinger

Looks like 9 - 5 at the moment. Voting madhair in the hope he can go through as a high-scoring runner-up.

madhair60

I thought voting was over which is why I posted that reaction. Please disregard it.

hedgehog90

I love space cunts but I have to go with nagsworth

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cerys on July 09, 2018, 07:39:33 PM
Has to be madhair for how much he made me laugh.

Not because I want to see Liz's norks.

Honest, guv.

madhair. Because I do want to see Liz's norks.

What a way to get a second season.

Absorb the anus burn

Butchers Blind

hummingofevil

Cant I vote for whomever loses to boost their chances of going through to next round as lucky loser?

Loved both but would be rude of me not to vote for Nagsworth.

Crabwalk

FUNNY STUFF GUYS. A vote for Madhair to reflect the closeness of the contest.

selectivememory

As it stands both of you will qualify for the next round. So if you don't mind, once the voting has ended in the other match, I'll call this one as well, so we can get on with the draw for the next round as soon as possible.

On second thoughts, let's just do this properly. It won't kill us to wait a few more hours for the draw.

Ian Drunken Smurf

selectivememory

So that's 14-10 to nagsworth, who was bloody brilliant. madhair also qualifies as our final high-scoring loser. Well done to both.

alan nagsworth

Thanks for the game, maddie.

I thought it best to wait until the match had ended to mention that I'm not sure it's entirely fair for your shots to consist solely of already-established forum comics and characters that are likely to gain a popularity vote - which they did, blatantly - outside of the context of the tournament. I reckon this is especially worth considering since you've now qualified for the next round as well!

pancreas

Ignore this ^. Do what you do best. This is about making people laugh and you sorted me right out.

selectivememory

I can see nagsworth's point, although ultimately no rules have been broken so it's up to everyone else to decide whether or not it's a fair way to play this tournament, and then vote accordingly.

I personally don't have a problem with it at all, and I thought it was one of the best matches so far this year.

Cerys

As long as no rules have been broken, I don't think there should be a problem with using anything within a player's ability as part of a shot.  As far as 'already-established forum comics and characters' are concerned, is that really any different from using something like, for example, Bagpuss as a theme?  Some things are popular, some are not.  If a player chooses to produce a shot that exploits the popularity of an aforementioned something, why limit the options?

greencalx

Almost all the gags rely on recognition of the characters in them, and cos my facial recognition is pants, I fail to get most of them.

madhair60

Sorry if anyone feels it's not fair. I do see your point and I was a little worried it wouldn't be received well in this context but I thought I'd give it a go anyway.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Cerys on July 11, 2018, 11:05:22 PM
As long as no rules have been broken, I don't think there should be a problem with using anything within a player's ability as part of a shot.  As far as 'already-established forum comics and characters' are concerned, is that really any different from using something like, for example, Bagpuss as a theme?  Some things are popular, some are not.  If a player chooses to produce a shot that exploits the popularity of an aforementioned something, why limit the options?

Sorry, I've just bleedin' seen this.

I dunno, I just thought maybe it was a little too far into that level of exploitation, but perhaps I was wrong. After all, I don't particularly know what else is popular here right now (is Bagpuss? I wasn't aware, I just you made that mosaic piece because you like Bagpuss) because I don't spend very much time here at all.

Apologies if I've misread it, and sorry to you madhair as well, I wasn't trying to come across as a bitch, I just wanted to voice my concern. This match was still fun and I certainly enjoyed it anyway! :)