Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:41:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bond villain strikes again, again?

Started by Isnt Anything, July 04, 2018, 05:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 06, 2018, 12:46:50 PM
Is there a collective noun for a massive group of assumptions?

There are a plethora of slang terms I believe.

Space ghost

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 06, 2018, 12:45:28 PM

So you actually inject military grade nerve agent and are still well enough to travel home and have a pot roast at the local church? Novichok - the all purpose magic substance that can literally take on any properties you need it to.

That's assuming they just decided to jack it up on the spot. I was more pointing out that it's not some fantastical scenario that drug addicts may occasionally eat a meal provided by the local church.

Pranet

Again, unless there is something that I am missing, which is very possible, the source for the fag butt theory seems to be speculation from someone who knows the couple that has been picked up by the press and they are running with it.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Space ghost on July 06, 2018, 12:50:23 PM
That's assuming they just decided to jack it up on the spot. I was more pointing out that it's not some fantastical scenario that drug addicts may occasionally eat a meal provided by the local church.

Thats not the bit thats fantastical is it? More the 'shortly after ingesting military grade nerve agent' bit I have trouble with.

biggytitbo

Also note - there was a difference of several hours between when the two new victims showed signs of illness. On the reasonable presumption that they were exposed at around the same time, this makes the simultaneous collapse of the Skripal's even weirder.

BlodwynPig

Doesn't the novichok work by having another agent "react"? with it. Binary agent?

So how did these two "numpties" get poisoned by a cigarette butt or dodgy skag?

All the stories in major media outlets running the story have generally skeptical public comments below them.

It's Hocus Pocus. Horse pucky.

Isnt Anything

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 06, 2018, 08:14:39 AMYou should get in touch with the police, you clearly know more about the case than they do.

Thats fucking rich coming from you !!

ZoyzaSorris

Fucking hell weird to read otherwise intelligent folk seem to lap up this patent hog crap yet again.

ZoyzaSorris

As an aside, interesting to see the OPCW found no trace of nerve agents in the area of the supposed (obviously non-existent) Syrian chemical attack that nearly brought us to the brink of nuclear war, back around the same time as the tale of the magic novichok part one.

jobotic

I tried to take my proof to the police but there was a massive queue of people with proof of what happened to Madelaine McCann so I went home and went on the internet.

biggytitbo

Seems Newsnighrs Mark Urban had secret meetings with Sergei Skripal last year, although he won't say exactly what it was about.

Now isn't that interesting? Steels dossier I reckon. Quite possibly what this is all about.

biggytitbo

Well England did get to the semi-finals.

Curious stuff this Novichok.

biggytitbo

It might well be total bollocks, but this from the Daily Mail is interesting -

QuoteThe latest couple poisoned by Novichok picked up the deadly nerve agent vial from a park where dealers hide their stash, according to a neighbour. Tom Ricks, 31, claims drugs are often stored at the hideout in Queen Elizabeth Gardens in Salisbury. He thinks Dawn Sturgess, 44, and Charlie Rowley, 45, picked up a drugs package contaminated with the poison before taking it home. It was at Mr Rowley's flat in Amesbury, nearby in Wiltshire, where the couple fell ill last weekend.

If that is true then you have to wonder how a Russian assassin popping into the country to dispatch Sergei knew about this hidden drug stash presumably only known to local users.

Now Sturgess has died, you can see the bullshit from the British government going into overdrive.

Hundhoon

,Putin is not an evil genius he is an idiot..

Blumf

biggytitbo

And so the row back begins - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44827666

QuoteNovichok that poisoned a couple in Wiltshire came from a small bottle found in the home of one of the victims, police say.

Maybe they were the mysterious couple captured on cctv 10 mind before the Skripals were found? It certainly gives some credence to the black market nerve agent dealing theory anyway. Nobody's going to argue these two are Russian agents surely?

Pdine

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 13, 2018, 06:27:04 PM
And so the row back begins - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44827666

Maybe they were the mysterious couple captured on cctv 10 mind before the Skripals were found? It certainly gives some credence to the black market nerve agent dealing theory anyway. Nobody's going to argue these two are Russian agents surely?

Not sure what you're having difficulty with here? How does this represent a 'row back'? Sorry to be dim but you're coming off (to me at least) as a bloke muttering to himself with no particular interest in whether he's understood or not :)

biggytitbo

In case you missed it the new home security used this news to launch yet another unhinged, evidence free attack on Russia blaming them for this, because of course, only Russia could have done it. Please explain how this news somehow enhances the claim Russia was responsible? To me, the fact this couple had a vial of Novichok in their house, strikes a massive blow to the idea it was Russia. Not only was the substance not unique to the Russian state, nor any state for that matter, an unemployed local couple had a vial of it in their house.

Either you're arguing this had nothing to do with Skripal, in which case it totally rubbishes the claims about it being unique to Russia, or somehow this couple where involved with the Russians attempt to kill Skripal, which I think sounds ludicrous.?

biggytitbo

Also, I think most people will find it absolutely fucking astonishing that it took them a fortnight to find a vial of military grade nerve agent in the victims house.

Pdine

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 13, 2018, 06:42:15 PM
In case you missed it the new home security used this news to launch yet another unhinged, evidence free attack on Russia blaming them for this, because of course, only Russia could have done it. Please explain how this news somehow enhances the claim Russia was responsible?

It doesn't need to 'enhance' it. You said it was a 'row back', implying that this news somehow undermined previous reporting. How?

QuoteTo me, the fact this couple had a vial of Novichok in their house, strikes a massive blow to the idea it was Russia. Not only was the substance not unique to the Russian state, nor any state for that matter, an unemployed local couple had a vial of it in their house.

Either you're arguing this had nothing to do with Skripal, in which case it totally rubbishes the claims about it being unique to Russia, or somehow this couple where involved with the Russians attempt to kill Skripal, which I think sounds ludicrous.?

Erm... I'm not sure what you're having difficulty with here. The rumour ever since this happened has been that the couple in question are the kind of hobbyists who might take a particular interest in vials, ampoules and similar pharmaceutical containers, particularly any found in that park which - various locals have attested - is a bit of a scoreplaza. I found a big lump of what looked like hash after a festival once and took it home. I never smoked it, but I did have a fucking good poke at it to try to work out what it was. If it had been an ampoule of nerve agent chucked in a bush by a fleeing assassin, I'd have been fucked.

Pdine

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 13, 2018, 06:46:51 PM
Also, I think most people will find it absolutely fucking astonishing that it took them a fortnight to find a vial of military grade nerve agent in the victims house.

It didn't.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44827666

If you find yourself just making shit up rather than reading the story you are referring to maybe have a look at yourself.

biggytitbo

Jesus mate, pull the other one, it's got bells on.

Also, what I'm suggesting is this is a conscious change of tack, since we know this entire saga has been tightly news managed since day one, I think they're deliberately going to row back on Russia did it angle, maybe even to humiliate May.

Pdine

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 13, 2018, 06:52:14 PM
Jesus mate, pull the other one, it's got bells on.

Also, what I'm suggesting is this is a conscious change of tack, since we know this entire saga has been tightly news managed since day one, I think they're deliberately going to row back on Russia did it angle, maybe even to humiliate May.

Haha! I don't do detail darling.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Pdine on July 13, 2018, 06:50:13 PM
It didn't.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44827666

If you find yourself just making shit up rather than reading the story you are referring to maybe have a look at yourself.

So they were taken ill on the 30th and they announce they found a bottle on the 13th? Maybe they took ages to search the house and maybe it took them ages to announce the find, but whatever the case it doesn't make it any less unbelievable in terms of the official theory.

Pdine

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 13, 2018, 06:55:38 PM

So they were taken ill on the 30th and they announce they found a bottle on the 13th? Maybe they took ages to search the house and maybe it took them ages to announce the find, but whatever the case it doesn't make it any less unbelievable in terms of the official theory.

Or possibly they don't announce stuff the second they find it? Maybe?

biggytitbo

Quote from: Pdine on July 13, 2018, 06:55:03 PM
Haha! I don't do detail darling.

Yeah, can I just say you're so full of shit yourself, the amount of times you've smugly pulled me up on 'details' only to be wrong, like when you declared I was wrong for saying they were affected miles away from the Skripals, even though both of them fell ill in Amesbury, most of the areas cordoned off where in Amesbury, and now the vial of Novichok was found in Amesbury.

Now you're trying to sell the idea these people were random vial collectors, snuffling around parks in Salisbury for treasure and taking it home to another town, before then having a cheeky sniff 12 hours apart. You will literally believe any old bollocks won't you?

Pdine

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 13, 2018, 07:04:13 PM

Yeah, can I just say you're so full of shit yourself, the amount of times you've smugly pulled me up on 'details' only to be wrong, like when you declared I was wrong for saying they were affected miles away from the Skripals, even though both of them fell ill in Amesbury, most of the areas cordoned off where in Amesbury, and now the vial of Novichok was found in Amesbury.

I didn't say that; you must be thinking of someone else... details

QuoteNow you're trying to sell the idea these people were random vial collectors, snuffling around parks in Salisbury for treasure and taking it home, before then having a sniff 12 hours apart. You will literally believe any old bollocks won't you?

Maybe it would make more sense for you to explain what this 'row back' represents, then? What's your explanation, biggy? [chin in palms I watch adoringly and await the TRUTH]

remedial_gash

Quote from: Pdine on July 13, 2018, 06:48:46 PM
It doesn't need to 'enhance' it. You said it was a 'row back', implying that this news somehow undermined previous reporting. How?

Erm... I'm not sure what you're having difficulty with here. The rumour ever since this happened has been that the couple in question are the kind of hobbyists who might take a particular interest in vials, ampoules and similar pharmaceutical containers, particularly any found in that park which - various locals have attested - is a bit of a scoreplaza. I found a big lump of what looked like hash after a festival once and took it home. I never smoked it, but I did have a fucking good poke at it to try to work out what it was. If it had been an ampoule of nerve agent chucked in a bush by a fleeing assassin, I'd have been fucked.

Come on, you've admitted yourself that you didn't try what you found. A couple of junkie alchies well versed in things I don't even understand wouldn't be that stupid surely? Why didn't they just call their dealer or get fucked on frosty jacks like a real person.

biggytitbo

QuoteI didn't say that; you must be thinking of someone else... details

I do beg your pardon if that wasn't you, there's someone else in this thread that sounds a lot like you in that case.

Anyway, I think they might be about to row back on the Russia did it angle and try something else. Let's see, remember how they unconvincingly pinned the 2001 anthrax attack on some rogue scientist, in an attempt to try and wrap a supremely dodgy story up and make it go away? They could go with some organised Russian mafia angle, blame these two for it and similarly try to make the whole thing go away. Or stick with at a story hardly anybody believes, and just becomes more unbelievable with this development. I guess we'll find out in the next few days.