Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:02:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bond villain strikes again, again?

Started by Isnt Anything, July 04, 2018, 05:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyCouncil

Absolute chunder innit.

I just don't get what 'we're' after with how this. Can't imagine Terry really fancies chances her chances against Russia, tepid sack of dog bones that she about business as usual politics.

I'd assume there was someone else pulling the strings, it's very convenient that both events have been close to a Govt research lab.

JohnnyCouncil

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 05, 2018, 07:16:20 AM
DONT PANIC!
https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1014625244349456384?s=19

Obviously there's nothing going to enrage the Great British Public more than the attempted murder of semi-homeless drug users by a foreign state.

"THAT'S OUR JOB" says everyone.

Zetetic

(Thank you for copying the text, biggy.)

biggytitbo

Quote from: JohnnyCouncil on July 05, 2018, 07:42:31 AM
Absolute chunder innit.

I just don't get what 'we're' after with how this. Can't imagine Terry really fancies chances her chances against Russia, tepid sack of dog bones that she about business as usual politics.

I'd assume there was someone else pulling the strings, it's very convenient that both events have been close to a Govt research lab.

It's verboten to make that connection, even though the 2001 antrax attacks all originated from a US army lab, the idea that any of this 'Novichok' came from Porton Down is utter madness.

JohnnyCouncil

But then why that area. Just a staging ground because we had an ex-russian spy based there, why these new two? Makes more sense to go for the type of person the British Public give a shit about/empatise with.

Also the idea that after the initial incident that the clean up operation missed the Novichock (for it to be found in a park) is surely also absolute madness.

biggytitbo

Yes its miles away. Why however it was was 'preparing' their Novichok outdoors 12 miles away is anyones guess. But then nothing about this story makes any sense does it.

biggytitbo

They really can't make up their mind can they? Last time you could get rid of it by rinsing your clothes and it took 4 hours to take effect, now its incredibly resilient and acts within minutes. It seems to have whatever qualities are needed of it at the time - 

QuoteNovichok, a resilient and resistant nerve agent developed by the Soviet Union in the 1970s and 1980s, takes effect within minutes, blocking messages from the nerves to the muscles causing bodily functions to collapse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44719639

Paul Calf

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 05, 2018, 07:12:40 AM
Just like with the magical ever changing properties of novochik, our media have no difficulty finding some 'expert' to say whatever absolute bullshit they want to hear.

Nevertheless, Russia look like good odds to win at 20/1 and knowing how throughly corrupt both FIFA and the Russian state are, I've got a bit of spare on them winning the tournament.

Paul Calf

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 05, 2018, 08:32:31 AM
They really can't make up their mind can they? Last time you could get rid of it by rinsing your clothes and it took 4 hours to take effect, now its incredibly resilient and acts within minutes. It seems to have whatever qualities are needed of it at the time - 

I think this might be the source of your confusion, mate. 'They' who said the first thing might not be the same 'they' who said the second.

But I mean, obviously it's not important to be clear about who 'they' are. Who cares about avoiding confusion?

biggytitbo

If the UK media can't tell a consistent story about something thats meant to be factual then why should we trust them? If they're willing to repeatedly wheel out faux experts willing to say any bullshit, however contradictory or silly it is as long as it fits the story they want to hear, why should we trust them? And most of all, that they show no desire to question any of the total bollocks they keep reporting about this why should we trust them?

biggytitbo

A couple of interesting things here that appear to have been memory holed - the couple seen on cctv going in the direction of the park bench approx 15 minutes before the Skripals were found. The couple isnt the Skripals and have never been identified or eliminated from the enquiry, at least publicly.  But the woman is carrying a red bag and several reports mentioned the woman found poisoned at the bench had a red bag which was taken away by police as evidence - http://www.theblogmire.com/joining-some-dots-on-the-skripal-case-part-2-four-invisible-clues/

I think the bloke perhaps looks a bit old, but that couple certainly do look a bit like the two people poisoned the other day, to me.

massive bereavement

With England now likely to make the World Cup final, the nation's greatest sporting triumph in over 50 years, it will be hugely embarrassing having no dignitaries in Russia and particularly for Boris Johnson who was calling for the team to boycott the tournament. How can he, May or any other Tory be seen to congratulate England on their success? How can Gareth Southgate be knighted and Harry Kane awarded an OBE when Prince William, president of the FA, was not even at the game to show his support?

Seriously, what if England WIN the world cup. Boris Johnson will be forever remembered as the man who tried to prevent that from happening. The man is going down in history as the stupidest cunt of all time.

What's the best thing they could do to smooth this over?

biggytitbo

Yep, a world cup final with England and no senior politician or Royal is there, an utter embarrassment. Then there were those MPs who suggested we boycott the tournament altogether, or even that it should be cancelled.

Anyway back to that link, just let it sink in that regarding Nick Bailey, 4 months later we still don't know any of these things:

- what his role in the incident was
- why as a senior detective, was she called to the scene of what appeared to be a routine drug overdose
- where was he poisoned?
- where the hell is he now? Why is there a total media block on any reporting about him, why have we heard nothing from him in his own words?

Norton Canes

Quote from: massive bereavement on July 05, 2018, 09:04:28 AM
With England now likely to make the World Cup final, the nation's greatest sporting triumph in over 50 years, it will be hugely embarrassing having no dignitaries in Russia and particularly for Boris Johnson who was calling for the team to boycott the tournament. How can he, May or any other Tory be seen to congratulate England on their success? How can Gareth Southgate be knighted and Harry Kane awarded an OBE when Prince William, president of the FA, was not even at the game to show his support?

Seriously, what if England WIN the world cup. Boris Johnson will be forever remembered as the man who tried to prevent that from happening. The man is going down in history as the stupidest cunt of all time.

What's the best thing they could do to smooth this over?

Lose

Is anyone investigating what Sturgess and Rowley had against the Skripals? Never returned a book, dvd or something. It wasn't very nice of them to grease their doorknob.

Paul Calf

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 05, 2018, 08:54:52 AM
If the UK media can't tell a consistent story about something thats meant to be factual then why should we trust them? If they're willing to repeatedly wheel out faux experts willing to say any bullshit, however contradictory or silly it is as long as it fits the story they want to hear, why should we trust them? And most of all, that they show no desire to question any of the total bollocks they keep reporting about this why should we trust them?

Would it not be suspicious if an industry comprised of hundreds of organisations and hundreds of thousands of individuals all told the same story?

Buelligan

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 05, 2018, 09:02:49 AM
I think the bloke perhaps looks a bit old, but that couple certainly do look a bit like the two people poisoned the other day, to me.

If they are the same couple, presumably they knew or later discovered, what the substance was.  If that's true, why would they have kept it and if they had and then accidentally exposed themselves to it, why didn't they go together to hospital - reports say the emergency services attended the house they were in twice, hours apart, once for the woman and again much later that day to collect the man.  And why if they knew or suspected that they'd been exposed didn't they (the man at least who was taken ill hours later) tell the medics what the problem was?

I think Isnt Anything's explanation is probably somewhere near the truth.

Crisps?

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 05, 2018, 07:16:20 AM

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1014625244349456384?s=19

Govt minister tells me that either (1) couple came into contact with novichok by accident, probably same batch that poisoned Skripals or (2) they were specifically targeted by the Russians to panic the civilian population. 

That Tweet is insane, literally throwing out an accusation of state terrorism on British soil against British citizens (with Litvinenko and Skripal it's at least more a case of espionage).

The Tories/Establishment/MI5/6 obviously don't give two shits about working class sport, and I think they're hoping something bad happens to England in Russia, if not actively trying to incite it, and derailing any chance England had of winning.

For Putin, a happy, successful, event-free World Cup is the propaganda win of a lifetime; it would be disastrous for them, given the Skripal shitstorm,  for something bad to happen to England in particular. The UK government's worst nightmare is English people associating Russia with friendliness, hospitality and a tournament we'll be droning on about for the next half a century.

If it's "not impossible" for Russia to dope the England squad then it's even less impossible for Britain to dope the England squad and blame Russia. Russian hooliganism aside, it's going to be extremely suspicious now if anything happens to the England team or fans.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 05, 2018, 09:31:21 AM
Would it not be suspicious if an industry comprised of hundreds of organisations and hundreds of thousands of individuals all told the same story?

About a factual event, where there all getting the news from the same sources? I mean if they're been told obvious contradictory bollocks why don't they actually do their job as journalists and question it? Have you seen any independent investigative reporting about the Skripal affair from any of the main news outlets - BBC, guardian etc? Its been 100% stenography.

Paul Calf

Given that the whole thing is shrouded in secrecy, it might not be possible to pry this one open just yet. The only recourse is either to refuse to print it or publish speculation about what they do - or think they do - know.

I'm sure that there are sections of the world media acting as propaganda agents of some state or corporate interest or other, but to treat even a single organisation such as the BBC as speaking with one voice is bound to result in confusion.

biggytitbo

Why are basic facts shrouded in secrecy 4 months later and all 3 victims kept in captivity and most importantly why are none of our so called free press prodding for answers and doing any independent reporting, instead just opting to report lame propaganda from the government?

Paul Calf

massive bereavement

Yulia Skripal apparently spoke to her cousin again on Tuesday and says she wants to return to Russia. Her cousin intends to resubmit documents for a visa to the UK in late July.

http://tass.com/world/1012038

Paul Calf

TASS is directly owned and controlled by the Russian government.

biggytitbo

Textbook stuff from establishment russophobe propgandist Tim Montgomerie here -

The double poisoning in Amesbury is not just awful, awful tragedy for couple in hospital and their family it's hit when Salisbury area traders and pubs etc had only just recovered from first episode. Thank you Putin and hope you have a swell time with Vlad at your summit, Mr Trump
https://twitter.com/montie/status/1014775277409505280

- pretend to care in suspiciously overwrought and melodramatic way - 'awful, awful'
- blame putin
- add trump 'collusion' in as a parting flourish

That this bell-end is constantly on the telly and has a platform to air this kind of state friendly tepid banality says it all.

Good reply here though -
QuoteYou fucking whopper

biggytitbo

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 05, 2018, 10:48:15 AM
the BBC is effectively owned and controlled by the British government.

Paul Calf

Ah. Nuance is nuisance.

Please try to concentrate, biggy.

JohnnyCouncil

Quote from: Isnt Anything on July 05, 2018, 04:10:42 AM
sudden hypothesis based on nothing other than my own pure speculation -

1. assume this couple DO like their drugs at least a bit

2. couple go to park Friday night with their mate to chill out

3. find some discarded vial hidden in the grass and or bushes. maybe even looks like a poppers bottle. they decide to take it home with them to investigate.

4. unbeknownst to them it contained the dregs of the novichok whatever-it-was that was used to fuck up the Skripals.

5. Saturday morning they decide to see whats in the bottle

6. rest is history

Based on this if the vial was there accidently - then there's a question how that's happened.

More worryingly if it was planted for 'someone' to find, whoever planted it would probably have been aiming to poison a child, which would, quite rightly cause mass hysteria and outcry.

jobotic

I think there's one thing shining through here clearly - THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA AND NEVER COULD BE.

I mean, it probably isn't, but Christ.