Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:27:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bond villain strikes again, again?

Started by Isnt Anything, July 04, 2018, 05:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

https://openparachute.wordpress.com/2018/09/18/novichock-detection-and-the-salisbury-tourists/

It's a good job this will never go to court as it seems unlikely the key bit of evidence would pass muster.

biggytitbo

Paul Calf

"strong media means a strong democracy and a strong nation".

Fuck me.

manticore

Opposition to an authoritarian state used to reinforce authoritarianism in one's own country (and justify intervention abroard). Very old story.

biggytitbo

We still don't seem to know what happened to the two people in the prezzos.

biggytitbo

The woman involved in the Prezzo incident has big tits so naturally the sun is on the case https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7291372/anna-shapiro-salisbury-poisoning-vladmir-putin/
She's fine but her partner is still ill. The sun are indulging her paranoid ravings about Putin, but the fact the man had sea bass might give is a clue what happened, apparently it can be the source of quite nasty food poisoning.

Paul Calf

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on September 19, 2018, 08:30:34 AM
It's The Sun though, biggy.

But they got the exclusive and the photo and the quote - all legit, all top journalism, all hail the era of fakery.

Biggy, sure it wasn't Prozzos, judging by that photo?

Zetetic

One species of sea bass is, infamously Trachypoma macracanthus - commonly known as the 'toadstool groper'. Make of that what you will.

Edit: They wouldn't be serving that in Prezzo, of course.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Zetetic on September 19, 2018, 08:48:51 AM
One species of sea bass is, infamously Trachypoma macracanthus - commonly known as the 'toadstool groper'. Make of that what you will.

Famous 'Russian' pop-spy Boris knew all about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rekLP_jrmo

Paul Calf

Quote from: Zetetic on September 19, 2018, 08:48:51 AM

Chilean sea bass is a result of rebranding the Alaskan tooh
Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 19, 2018, 08:45:54 AM
But they got the exclusive and the photo and the quote - all legit, all top journalism, all hail the era of fakery.

If you've only just noticed that The Sun does this, you should probably get hold of some back issues going back to the early 1980s.

biggytitbo

The Wiltshire police have now said this wasn't a suspicious incident (although still not stating what it actually was), so why the Sun have a lady with large 'boobs' on the front page saying she was poisoned by Putin is a real brain scratcher.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: biggytitbo on September 19, 2018, 09:35:37 AM
The Wiltshire police have now said this wasn't a suspicious incident (although still not stating what it actually was), so why the Sun have a lady with large 'boobs' on the front page saying she was poisoned by Putin is a real brain scratcher.

This campaign of disinformation is truly egalitarian

MojoJojo

Quote from: biggytitbo on September 19, 2018, 09:35:37 AM

Are you being serious?

remedial_gash

Quote from: biggytitbo on September 19, 2018, 07:15:07 AM
The woman involved in the Prezzo incident has big tits so naturally the sun is on the case https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7291372/anna-shapiro-salisbury-poisoning-vladmir-putin/
She's fine but her partner is still ill. The sun are indulging her paranoid ravings about Putin, but the fact the man had sea bass might give is a clue what happened, apparently it can be the source of quite nasty food poisoning.

Yeah but food poisoning can take 6-48 hours to get going, I'm always suspicious of people who claim to know what poisoned them, especially as 8/10 times it's their own faecal matter aerated by the bog flush or not washing their hands properly.

biggytitbo

I presume they must know what it is by now if they've declared the incident as 'not suspicious'. Maybe its a reaction to illegal drugs, or that dodgy fentanyl they were warning about, hence the general discretion about it.

shiftwork2

Quote from: remedial_gash on September 19, 2018, 01:11:10 PM
8/10 times it's their own faecal matter aerated by the bog flush

Today's tip is Aerated Shit Particles, 3.15pm at Newton Abbott.

Blumf

Shock twist!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45580825
QuoteA hoax is likely to be one line of inquiry after a couple apparently fell ill in a Salisbury restaurant on Sunday prompting a major incident, police sources have told the BBC.

Alex King, 42, was admitted to hospital with his wife, six months after a nerve agent attack in the same city.

Mr King is a convicted criminal and once hoaxed Prince Charles.

Isnt Anything

Quote from: biggytitbo on September 19, 2018, 07:15:07 AM
She's fine but her partner is still ill.

that link now gives

Quote{"statusCode":451,"error":"Unavailable For Legal Reasons","message":"Legally removed article"}

dunno when that happened, its the first time i tried to click it

BlodwynPig

biggytitbo

Quote from: Isnt Anything on September 20, 2018, 12:12:27 AM
that link now gives

dunno when that happened, its the first time i tried to click it

Odd, I've never seen a 451 status code before, looks like it got canned by the lawyers.

BlodwynPig

This'll give you an idea of what was there.

biggytitbo

I think the suggestion now is it was a deliberate hoax.

A bit like the first incident!!!

biggytitbo

I haven't seen it myself but apperently episode two of season one of Killing Eve, shown on the BBC in April 2018, contains a plot line in which a Russian assassin mixes a nerve agent in a perfume bottle to assassinate someone, and then later an innocent bystander handles the bottle and dies.

Can anyone who has seen it confirm whether that's true?

Cuellar

Ryan Gosling

Quote from: biggytitbo on September 23, 2018, 03:15:20 PM
I haven't seen it myself but apperently episode two of season one of Killing Eve, shown on the BBC in April 2018, contains a plot line in which a Russian assassin mixes a nerve agent in a perfume bottle to assassinate someone, and then later an innocent bystander handles the bottle and dies.

Can anyone who has seen it confirm whether that's true?
In the movies & on TV, its always the Russians who are the bad guys..personally I believe its just anti Russian propaganda.

biggytitbo

BlodwynPig