Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:17:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

World Cup 2018 #4 - Football's coming for to carry me home

Started by Captain Z, July 04, 2018, 04:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sgt. Duckie on July 11, 2018, 10:27:46 PM

I can smell your sarcasm wafting out of my computer screen. You are atop of the CAB game thing standings, your team is in the final, now you are urinating over our run in the 2018 World Cup.

Supporting Croatia now. :-p

I send my commiserations...to the Columbians.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 11, 2018, 10:10:38 PM
Maybe, maybe not. But if maybe not, it's 2 years of gloating in PM to you.

I supported France in 98 to the chagrin of my rosbif pals. Watched the final on a big screen on a beach in Marseille and shagged some girl from Avignon in her swimming pool at midnight. Ultimate treachery. Didn't use a johnny, got some half Frog bastard running round the South of France, never seen the kid. So, yeah, I got a stake in the final. It's no preference for me, no hipsterdom, no contrarianism. It's family. Allez, Thibault. Allez, mon petit Bleu. Allez, mon fils.

ziggy starbucks

kalowski

ElTwopo

I can't stop thinking about the space jam takes up in my kitchen cupboard

Artemis

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on July 11, 2018, 10:32:30 PM
has her majesty released a statement yet?

She, like most well adjusted people, doesn't really give a shit. It was just a fun, meaningless distraction.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: The Boston Crab on July 11, 2018, 10:32:23 PM
I supported France in 98 to the chagrin of my rosbif pals. Watched the final on a big screen on a beach in Marseille and shagged some girl from Avignon in her swimming pool at midnight. Ultimate treachery. Didn't use a johnny, got some half Frog bastard running round the South of France, never seen the kid. So, yeah, I got a stake in the final. It's no preference for me, no hipsterdom, no contrarianism. It's family. Allez, Thibault. Allez, mon fils.

Supported them way before hipsterdom and contrarianism were recognised in the upper echelons of football fandom. Allez Laissez-faire, Allez.

Trojan_Jockey

There will be a book of condolence in Westminster Abbey availabe for people to sign tomorrow

greenman

It was really the first time in along time England actually looked like they knew what they were doing for much of the time rather than "knick a goal and then get way too deep" from Sven onwards or just clueless generally. The passing in defence and use of long balls was excellent and ultimately the limiting factor was I'd say simply a lack of absolute quality.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 11, 2018, 10:34:48 PM
Supported them way before hipsterdom and contrarianism were recognised in the upper echelons of football fandom. Allez Laissez-faire, Allez.

Don't ever talk to me or my son again.

colacentral

Really, looking to Micky Dolenz and Prince William for support was always going to blow up in everyone's faces.

Can someone try to spin this campaign into being victim to "The Curse of Three Lions" so as an unwritten rule we never have to hear the song or see the memes ever again?

TrenterPercenter

monolith

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 11, 2018, 10:34:48 PM
Surely you've supported them since finding out about football? You're French aren't you?

remedial_gash

Can barely be arsed to post how delighted I am that they lost - sort of flipped and supported them in the second half - I like Southgate and don't really hate any of the players. Should have been 3-0 up at half time, and while good in the first half of extra time, looked like cunts in the second half, till they went behind.

monolith

Quote from: colacentral on July 11, 2018, 10:37:55 PM

Can someone try to spin this campaign into being victim to "The Curse of Three Lions" so as an unwritten rule we never have to hear the song or see the memes ever again?
Oh shit. Mate, whatever you do, do not look at where the Euro 2020 final is being held.....

Mr Eggs

Brighty and Alan Smith on Newsnight right now. Eagles wot didn't won it.

Sgt. Duckie

Oh well. Let's cement the fuck up by finding out what Gary, Alan and Rio think on BBC1's highlights package in two minutes time.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: monolith on July 11, 2018, 10:39:14 PM
Surely you've supported them since finding out about football? You're French aren't you?

Mais non. I am European.

Mr Eggs

Quote from: Sgt. Duckie on July 11, 2018, 10:44:29 PM
Oh well. Let's cement the fuck up by finding out what Gary, Alan and Rio think on BBC1's highlights package in two minutes time.

Fuck that. I've got The Tour De France and Team Sky and all their drugs to watch on the ITV Hub.

monolith

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 11, 2018, 10:44:49 PM
Mais non. I am European.
Right....

......I see.

I could give an explanation on how you're doing football wrong but you've probably heard it before.

shiftwork2

Best side won, decent game, good luck to the Croats.  Very promising future for this England side.

monolith

Quote from: Sgt. Duckie on July 11, 2018, 10:44:29 PM
ITV need to fuck off and stop showing England matches. The Columbia match wasn't exactly a pleasant experience until the cum shot.

DrGreggles

Modric is fucking ace though, isn't he.
Best player on the pitch tonight BY A FUCKING MILE!

bgmnts

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 11, 2018, 10:54:51 PM
Modric is fucking ace though, isn't he.
Best player on the pitch tonight BY A FUCKING MILE!

No joke.

Thought he was going to snap in half sprinting after a fresh Rashford to put a sliding challenge in.

Think he is going to collapse, looking absolutely buggered, he then plays a beauty of a ball with the outside of his boot to set up an attack.

He needs rest.

monolith

Croatia have effectively played an extra match on their run to the final. France are going to run all over them.

Rolf Lundgren

I don't understand why people bring up teams played in a cup competition as if it matters the same way it does in a league.

Even game, England played well but were beaten by the better team on the day. We've played great football, we've scored goals and we got to the semi-final. Seen England be shit enough times to want to celebrate the times we actually do well.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: monolith on July 11, 2018, 10:47:05 PM
Right....

......I see.

I could give an explanation on how you're doing football wrong but you've probably heard it before.

Doing football wrong? I'm not playing the game, friend.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on July 11, 2018, 11:19:55 PM
I don't understand why people bring up teams played in a cup competition as if it matters the same way it does in a league.

Even game, England played well but were beaten by the better team on the day. We've played great football, we've scored goals and we got to the semi-final. Seen England be shit enough times to want to celebrate the times we actually do well.

Spot on, they can hold their heads up high this time.

colacentral

Famously of course England were knocked out in the 1990 semi-final and still went on to win the whole thing.