Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:55:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Karl Pilkington - Sick Of It

Started by Malcy, July 05, 2018, 10:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

It feels like less when they double it up doesn't it? Over in 3 weeks.

I hope there is more, but isn't double billing usually mean the network doesn't have much faith in it?

the science eel

I think there has to be more. I've never been left with a sense of 'unfinished business' as much before.

Replies From View

Quote from: the science eel on October 14, 2018, 10:41:43 AM
I think there has to be more. I've never been left with a sense of 'unfinished business' as much before.

And yet with no clear sense of what the journey needs to be, which is good.  It doesn't feel like some cheeky plot strands have been cynically laid that now need to be resolved; the sense is just that there's a lot of potential here in the conceit and the talent, and it should be mined further.

the science eel

Yes.

What we've seen is how well KP can act, can put things together. So there's faith in what comes next, but still surprises.

Replies From View

Quote from: the science eel on October 14, 2018, 11:42:23 AM
What we've seen is how well KP can act, can put things together.

It'd be interesting to know the processes involved in writing it and putting it together.  It feels like a collaborative effort (in a good way).

Harpo Speaks

Little nod to the radio shows in episode 5 with the 'gay fella' being called Graham.

Pilkington is good in this. I've found myself thinking back to the ending of episode 2 which was a really well done scene.

Sin Agog

Anyone else a little spooked by Id Karl?   He's so cocky and aggressive...you feel like he might lamp some old dear over the head at any given moment.

Replies From View

Quote from: Sin Agog on October 16, 2018, 05:32:17 PM
Anyone else a little spooked by Id Karl?   He's so cocky and aggressive...you feel like he might lamp some old dear over the head at any given moment.

Luckily he isn't physically there.  Or maybe it'll be like Fight Club where we see Id Karl going bananas and then the CCTV footage shows ordinary Karl doing it all, Kung Fu Panda style.

Mr Banlon

Just watched the whole series on dailymotion. Really liked it. Good to see Cavan Clerkin pop up in Ep5.

Ignatius_S

There was an interview with Richard Lee in Broadcast - amongst other things, when he and Pilkington started the project, Karl was just going to co-write and co-create it. Gradually, Karl was going to have a cameo role, then be part of an ensemble role, and then it became what we have. In another interview (comedy.co.uk?) Karl talked about enjoying the writing side but finds the shooting less enjoyable.

Anyway, I've just watched the first two parts and really enjoyed it.

Enzo

Haven't heard anything about a second series yet, would be a shame if it's left at that.

yesitsme

I've not kept up with SoI but I did see an episode of AIA last night that gave me some of the best laughs I've had in ages.

He was in Bangkok and had gone to visit Monkey Village or summat, anyway with predictable consequences the monkeys were nicking his Wotsits and he started rambling on about how he used to like the creatures but now he hated 'em.

He said 'I can understand why they shot King Kong now, starts off nicking crisps, before you know it he's climbing the Empire State Building - enough's enough!'

It was the way he said it like he'd been at a meeting where someone had reported King Kong's dramatic leap from crisp thief to city marauder in one move. 

Ahh, it was the way he said it but I couldn't stop laughing for ages.

Of course Ricky and Stevie bullied Karl again - the dolphins he was to swim with were in fact sharks.  Big fuckers too.  Wouldn't have caught me in the water with nothing but an upturned shopping trolley for protection.  Just to make Gervais screech?  Gertch.

up_the_hampipe

I've not watched this show, but they're filming the new series and Doug Stanhope is involved:

https://twitter.com/dougstanhope/status/1117809675288891392?s=21

Sin Agog

Excellent.  Was worried no one was watching this, despite it being my favourite of all these myriad Louie-style shows, but two series isn't anything to sniff at.  The first one seemed to draw on ideas Karl had been holding onto since the XFM days, so here's hoping he's got six episodes worth of stories in him.

Stanhope's slowly stacked up a pretty interesting British telly career, hasn't he?