Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:53:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recommend me a new laptop for £300 or less

Started by gib, July 06, 2018, 12:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gib

Not playing anything more complicated than Stardew Valley on it, otherwise just old man messageboards and politically correct wanking material. I hate it when they have all stuff pre-installed, who wants to spend their evening finding out how to uproot Norton. Went to Currys and spent ages looking at all the stats but the millennial with one of those beards said that although i had chosen the best one for the price they had sold the last one and only Harlow and Basildon had any left.

He had his own puns for those towns which were quite good and i wish i  could remember them. I told him that back in the 90's we called Basildon 'Basnia' but i'm not sure if he got it. Told me they weren't on commission any more and he had fuck all to do all day because they weren't allowed to piss about on the internet.

I'd ideally like 14 or so inches but 11 would satisfy me.

I got one for 260 or so a few years ago off the Argos refurb store on eBay. Had literally been bought by someone and returned straight away. Still covered in cellophane. It was retailing for about £400 at the time, so this might be a way to get a new laptop for significantly less than retail price. Buying off eBay has the benefit of letting you return anything that isn't fit for purpose too. Usual caveats apply that cheap laptops struggle like fuck with bongo after 2-3 years, but at that price is hard to complain.

Sebastian Cobb

Get a refurbished thinkpad off of a decent ebay outlet.