Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:58:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I thought Firefly was a bit shit tbh

Started by Clownbaby, July 06, 2018, 11:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

Yeah, I guess. Though I'm inclined to think torpedoing your own hit tv show, by insisting your co-star of six years be replaced, rather cancels it out. I submit to you that guest-starring as a zombie victim and later talking head on another tv show isn't really a benchmark for success...

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Bhazor on July 15, 2018, 04:05:26 PMSomewhat tangentally to the Buffy talk I just want to say that Alyson Hannigan is god awful in Fool Us.
Yeah, just because she played a witch on Buffy doesn't mean she could stump Penn & Teller.

Phil_A

If we're going purely by screen time, David Boreanaz has surely had the most success out of all the cast, but then he was the kind of actor who would happily slot right into one of those neverending procedural shows and stay there forever(which he did).

Seth Green did alright as well. (Are they still making Robot Chicken? I don't think I've thought about that in a decade).

phantom_power

And Alan Tudyk has a pretty good career.

Dog Botherer

A lot of them have been quite moderately successful, but I don't think any of them became huge stars in their own right. Most of them are main characters on mediocre shows, or pop up a lot in fairly decent stuff without being hugely memorable.

chveik

It's a pity that they didn't make the Faith tv series.

Mister Six

I'd rather have seen the Giles in Britain one.

Zetetic

Started watching Cowboy Bebop thanks to this thread.

Where Firefly might have taken inspiration in places is a bit interesting, but:
How much of Archer's opening titles is a direct take from Bebop? Or is there some earlier shared heritage that they're both referencing?

Zetetic

Eh. http://www.artofthetitle.com/title/archer/

QuoteNeal: Almost every work by Saul Bass was a heavy influence on Archer. Many people have pointed to the similarities to Cowboy Bebop, but honestly, that was more sub-conscious than conscious.

Deyv

The game Jazzpunk has a near-identical opening to Cowboy Bebop, too.