Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:37:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee - new episodes on Netflix

Started by up_the_hampipe, July 06, 2018, 04:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

There's a new batch of episodes exclusively on Netflix today. Might be the best group yet.

Guests: Zach Galifianakis, Dave Chappelle, Ellen Degeneres, Tracy Morgan, Brian Regan, Dana Carvey,
Hasan Minhaj, Neal Brennan, John Mulaney, Kate McKinnon, Alec Baldwin and Jerry Lewis

New Jack

This is always a bit short on laughs but it's watchable enough

Chappelle the pick of that lot. Can't wait for Jerry to bring up the trans scandal! Good guests there though

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

The Jerry Lewis episode must've been one of his last ever professional gigs. It'll be quite odd watching it in the knowledge that he only had a few months left to live.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

That would be quite something, Lewis giving him the full King Of Comedy simmering rage treatment. But Lewis admired Seinfeld, so they probably got on.

I do, however, like the idea of Seinfeld becoming a gibbering fanboy wreck a la Rupert Pupkin, while Lewis just sits there with barely disguised disdain.

up_the_hampipe

John Mulaney episode is funny. Most of these feel too short and heavily edited. They really shouldn't be under 20 mins now they're on Netflix.

the science eel

I watched the Amy Schumer one the other day. It was quite obvious they didn't have much to say to each other.

Ornlu

I still don't understand that Miranda Sings one from a season or two ago. I've only seen about half of all CCC episodes but guests who tirelessly stay in character for it don't seem to work to anywhere near the same degree.

Pumped for the new batch. Though another Alec Baldwin episode seems almost entirely unnecessary.

Sin Agog

You know those stories about people who smoke their whole, 90+ year lives, and then croak the week after they quit.. I wonder if Jerry Lewis took Seinfeld's advice with the bacon and that's what happened to him.  After all the stories I've heard over the years about what an imperious, demonic presence he is, it was interesting to see that he was just a sweet old man.  At least on the day that was filmed,

I'm not always sure what they're going for with the editing of these.  Obviously Seinfeld loves jokes and comedy and shit, and yet they seem to edit most of that out in place of funny people looking pensive. Like in that Tracy Morgan episode; it's obvious there were some gems, mostly involving lasagne, that were confined to a fifteen-second montage.  I guess the editing mostly sticks to wherever Jerry is leading the conversation, no matter what.

Chriddof

Quote from: Ornlu on July 08, 2018, 07:17:05 AM
I still don't understand that Miranda Sings one from a season or two ago. I've only seen about half of all CCC episodes but guests who tirelessly stay in character for it don't seem to work to anywhere near the same degree.

I think I heard that the Miranda Sings episode came about because his kids were fans of her and wanted him to do it.