Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,454
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:30:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Men dressed as ladies in comedy

Started by Clownbaby, July 07, 2018, 04:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

They would put more ladies in female roles, but they mostly can't act very well so you need to cast men really.

a duncandisorderly

not comedy per se, but... oh, but you would, wouldn't you?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Freddie Mercury and Brian May were the only members of Queen I recognised as a kid, so I genuinely thought that was an actual pretty lady.

I would therefore like to thank Roger Taylor for transforming me into the amazingly progressive, open-minded and tolerant man that I am today.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Porter Dimi on July 08, 2018, 06:02:12 PM
I think that might be why I've always liked Chris Morris as Sukie Bapswent. He puts on quite a convincing androgynous-leaning-feminine voice somehow.

aye but he also got away with blacking up without anyone going spare about it and all. I mean he was obviously playing a fully realised character rather than something crass like a minstrel, but still.

gilbertharding

French and Saunders 'fat old perves' characters (did they have names?) were pretty good, I thought, if we're after examples of women playing grotesque caricatures of the opposite sex. I mean, I think they're funny, and not just a novelty from the period. Hard to tell.

No - they're funny.

Clownbaby

Quote from: Porter Dimi on July 08, 2018, 06:02:12 PM
I think that might be why I've always liked Chris Morris as Sukie Bapswent. He puts on quite a convincing androgynous-leaning-feminine voice somehow.

I also like the way Sukie says Nirvana.

"Nivanerrr"

It also takes a brave man to pull of Myra Hindley prostitute drag

Clownbaby

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 09, 2018, 12:49:23 AM
aye but he also got away with blacking up without anyone going spare about it and all. I mean he was obviously playing a fully realised character rather than something crass like a minstrel, but still.

It always gets me how convincing he looks as a black guy and all,  particularly Chuck Fadanoid. I wanted to see more of Chuck Fadanoid. That's the one slight thing I have with Brass Eye, yeah he doesn't drag a particular character too long and that's a good thing but there's some that are so intriguing, like the borstal warden, that I really want to see more of them.

Clownbaby

Gotta get my girl Jan Skylar in here

Suky

Harold Perrineau jnr (narrator in Oz) is rather gorgeous - smart, sexy, funny - in Woman on Top. Here with Penelope Cruz.